XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Module Repairs

Alexander Seil

There are two sites that offer it for download and ask 10$ for that (it's missing music and videos). Time limit is easily fixed by patching the game with a normal 1.2 patch and then applying a German 1.2 crack. Never seen it in a store, altthough I might look again. They had a link to a full version on xcom.narod.ru, but it's not working anymore.

EDIT: Checked on Chips and Bits and it's there. I figure I might as well order it for the 5 bucks that it costs. Edited by Alexander Seil

[quote name='Alexander Seil' date='Jan 28 2004, 01:13 AM']I figured they would be, but I grew suspicious after many months of operating a half-busted base :) Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that it's a "modified" pay-to-play version.[/quote]
i doubt it. afaik, it just takes lots of time (it does for me too, i'm usually the one that busts up half the base when trying to blow up the alien invaders :devillaugh: ), or maybe you need money for it to auto-repair and don't have it?

Yeah, that is always annoying. I always seems to have to defend a base with half the modules shot to pieces BEFORE the action starts. That seems to make it a LOT harder. There really should be an option to repair - maybe a repair module or something. Ah well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
The Adv Damage Control module doubles the repair speed. My bases always repair themselves, anyway, even B4 getting it. Just wait a (long) while, and your techies'll do it (free of charge). This can take months, though, soif you don't have any immediate uses for a damaged module, just tear it down and rebuild it. You'll lose a few $100,000, but at least your shield generator will be fully functional when the Shades come. . .

P.S. That is a BAD idea, SupSuper! :whatwhat: :whatwhat: :whatwhat: You are trying to [i][b]defend[/b][/i] your base. You have the manual, don't you? If not, the yellow circle hovering around your target is where you're supposed to fire in order to hit your target (already taking into account speed & distance).

[quote name='Tsereve' date='Aug 8 2004, 07:36 PM']P.S. That is a BAD idea, SupSuper! :whatwhat:  :whatwhat:  :whatwhat: You are trying to [i][b]defend[/b][/i] your base.  You have the manual, don't you?  If not, the yellow circle hovering around your target is where you're supposed to fire in order to hit your target (already taking into account speed & distance).
[right][post="89892"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]i know that, i have the manual. but the ufos are real fast so it's still hard to hit them when they're near your base (without tracking tracer cannons), thus i damage some of the modules sometimes. besides, it isn't enough damage for it to reduce my score ^_^
now that i'm trying to play on higher difficulties, the ufos surely wreck my bases when they attack them, lots of expenses in rebuilding lost modules, luckily they don't seem to destroy personnel / cargo / hangar modules :)