XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Two/one Handed Weapon

youngStar

Quite simple, Pistols are one-handed, all the others are two-handed...

Pistols include: Standard (aka puny) pistol, Laser pistol and Plasma pistol.

If you're unsure, simply check the soldier's chance to hit, make him hold something in his hands and check again...

Technically, the Blaster launcher is two-handed, but since you have waypoints, it does not miss... So you can carry a spare blaster bomb on the other hand :D

Edited by Paladin

Ah, I was beaten by 3 minutes. ;)

Well, just look at them, I guess. Your soldiers will look like they're carrying the weapon in one hand in the battlescape.

At the very core: A one-handed weapon is basically any weapon that does not have its accuracy altered when the other hand is carrying something else. (thrown objects don't count, by the way, and the stun-rod is always 100% even though it's two-handed)

A two handed weapon will have its accuracy multiplied by 0.78 if the other hand's full. A one-handed weapon will stay the same (or if you must, it's multiplied by 1.0).

About the only weapons that fit this bill are the pistol, laser pistol and plasma pistol.

- NKF

P. S: 0.78's just a guess as I haven't got my old notes with me. It was probably 0.79. In any case, it's very close to 0.8, or a -20% reduction in accuracy, if you will)

Edited by NKF

Ah, I was beaten by 3 minutes. ;)

Hehehe... That's for the time you beat me to a 4 pages response (by the both of us) by a minute or so... :LOL: :happybanana: :party:

just started playing this game again after 10 years, and im loving it!

Ahhh, another Diehard original fan.. :wave:

Edited by Paladin

P. S: 0.78's just a guess as I haven't got my old notes with me. It was probably 0.79. In any case, it's very close to 0.8, or a -20% reduction in accuracy, if you will)

Besides, I'll never cease to be amazed by your exactitude, my friend. :hammer:

Edited by Paladin

Hey I first started playing this game bout 6 years ago at least (origional demo on floppy weneva that was) and I loved it so much that when i found that it doesnt work on my new computer (annoying windows ME) i kept my old computer and still use it to play X-COM (and transport tycoon but not as much) just cant get enough of that X-Com :happybanana: