XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Question About Xcorp Armour....

BenchBoy

Hey guys,

i was just browsing thru the art assets specifically the xcorp agent (basic armour.) Will the armour be modular - ie modelled separately, chest armour, boots, helmets etc. so that the player can mix and match armour - like in xcom Apoc. Or will it be a single model for each of the differing armour types.

If it is modular would it be a good idea to start modelling base male/female xcorp agents so that modellers can work from the same refernece when creating armour types.

can someone clarify this for me cos i'm itching to crack on with modelling some kick-a$$ armoured killing machines.....

Ricky.

At least for version 1 it will just be m/f versions of the different armor types (basic, personal, power, flight) there really isn't a need for it to be modular with the current feature set.

Right now the models for the M/f basic armor are done, but when they were tweaked the uv map got messed up so they need to be remapped. The personal armor has been done as a much lower poly model but mainly the uparmored plates and visor needs to be added to the basic armor models. I've not been entrily happy with the overly tank like power and flight armors so we will probably build those a bit differently.

Edited by Vaaish