XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Map Generation Question

Popek

I was thinking about how some scenarios benefit by more unique battlescape layouts and was curious..

in the map generation script, does/can it check to see what scenario/gametype has been chosen?

the reason I ask is, perhaps you choose the 'breakthrough' scenario, there could be some scenario specific map tiles made to be generated. In this scenario type, I (the mapper) could create several unique fortress compound walls that could be generated tiled specially for this gametype. So the east side of the map could be generated with a large compound type wall that stretches the entire longitude of the map.

Or in the case of assassination or control scenarios I could create some structures for the center of the map that would only show up when those scenarios are chosen.

if this is possible already, the specifics of how would be great.

Agreed. Some specific terrains for those scenarios would be pretty neat. The Holdout one or whatever it is where you have to survive a certain amount of time with all units inside the center blocks of the map, for example.

yeah thats what got me thinking about it. I played 2 'Control' scenarios the past 2 days, and both were over extremely quick due to the control points being little more than landmarks.

The entire terrain doesn't need to be unique for this proposition, simply be able to add a variable so when the maps are generating it checks the scenario. If scenario = 'Breakthrough' then generate 'East Wall Tiles' first. (or whatever else has been cooked up)