XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Heavy Vehicle Platforms

Sectopod

Hey there, must say what a great thing you've done for ufo :D one of my fav games of all time too :)

*Cough* but anyways, I know that ufo 2000 has a great deal of a lot of potential, and I want to place some of my suggestions :)

To the topics title, its all about tanks, you know the kind that hovers, blasts you to bits, etc.

The tanks would have a brand spanking new armoury for themselves with tank weapons, the kinds of tanks you can buy are:

Sectopods: Big alien walkers which have 2 tank weapon slots, it has great heavy armour except that it is vulnerable to Laser weaponry.

Hovertank: A disc which has 1 tank weapon slot, and has much more formidable armour than the Cyberdisc, but has no self destruct weapon.

Cyberdisc- A disc which has 1 tank weapon slot, but has lower armour than the Hovertank, but it has a built in self-destruct enabling it to take out the toughest foe before crashing to the dust.

Tank- Normal cheap tank which has good all round TU's, and has weak armour. It has 1 tank weapon.

Bio Drone?- Small hover flyer which has built in self-destruct, 1 tank weapon slot and has formidable armour.

The Tank armoury on screen would consist of:

Tank Weapon Slot 1- Where 1 main weapon would fit.

Tank Weapon Slot 2- Only availiable on Sectopods, this is able to have 2 main weapons.

Now this is influenced by Apocalypse :P but anyways:

Engine Slot- Where the engines go in the back of the tank.

Special Subsystems- Any special devices go here.

Now, in the Tank Weapons, you have some choices:

Laser Cannon- Laser Cannon from the Ufo tank fitted into the systems of a tank.

Plasma Cannon- Plasma Cannon from the Ufo tank(s) fitted into the systems of a tank.

Fusion Launcher- This costs the bomb, but holds at least 1 Blaster Launcher which has 1 ammo inside it.

Cannon- Normal Cannon from the Ufo tank.

Rocket Launcher- Rocket firing action fitted into a tank.

Laser Minigun System- Duel Rotary Laser Miniguns placed in the tank.

Stun Bomb Missle- 1 shot missle, with extreme stun capability.

Howitzer- Huge 1 shot toting cannon able to blast structures just like a Fusion Launcher, without the guidance that a Fusion has, but it has a greater innacuracy.

Grenade Launcher- Grenades are packed in the Special Compartments, (you get to choose), and after priming them, you can pack them in this cannon.

(If TFTD units are added..)

Sonic Cannon- Molecular deconstruction turns men into ash, better in a tank.

Gauss Cannon- Gauss weaponry in a tank.

And thats about all the Tank weapons I can come up with B)

Now, here is the Special Subsystems (take note that to use these, you must push a button called 'SPECIAL' on the Battlescape to activate these.)

Self-Destruct Device- By pushing this, you blow yourself up and everything around it. This is only availiable to Cyberdiscs and Bio Drones. (What can I say it is there trademark B) ) Cyberdiscs and Bio Drones automatically have this, and no other Tank can have this device.

Weapons Control- On board computer systems know where to target. It increases the accuracy of the tank. (Useless if it has a Fusion Launcher, but more better if it has a Howitzer..)

Grenade Port- This subsystem has a Grenade port. This is a 4x2 square. The Grenade Port can only be purchased if there is a Grenade Launcher. The 4x2 square can carry any grenade. If the SPECIAL button it pressed, it activates a menu asking for what grenade to install. Then it will ask you for the priming, and then you can launch away.

Smoke Launchers- Big Smoke Launchers on a tank clouding its appearance provided the enemy doesnt get close to see it.

Now, for the Engine part of the tank:

Antigravity Engine- Auto fitted on Cyberdiscs, Hovertanks and Drones. Nothing else can fit the Antigrav Engine. It has above average TU's.

Cyberdisc Engine- Special Cyberdisc engine that can only be fitted on Cyberdiscs. The eptimome of Sectoid mastery over hovertanks has made this to be a faster version of the Antigravity engines. The Cyberdisc gets more TU's. This was made so the Cyberdisc can run up to enemies and activate its self destruct device when it is close to being destroyed.

Gas Turbine- This is a medium travelling engine in a tank. It has medium TU's. It can only be fitted in a Human Tank.

Elerium Turbine- This is a fast travelling engine in a tank. It has above average TU's, but it has an increased cost. Can only be fitted in a Human Tank.

Plasma Reactor- This is a fast engine specifically fitted in a Sectopod walker. It has medium TU's.

Fusion Reactor- This is a far more advanced version of the engine used in Sectopod walkers. It has above average TU increases.

If this seems like a lot then I will help making the stuff :) But I just want to see what people think about this. Be advised that Tanks cost a great deal of points, and the amount you upgrade it, and add better weapons will increase its price to ultimate amounts. If a person has chosen to dump all of his points into an ultimate Sectopod, then the enemy simply gets lots of lasers and kills it to bits. Another person could get a solid squad with a Human Tank with a better reactor for swift attacks, while another could have 2 Cyberdiscs with suicidal tendancies ready to wreak havoc on the enemy and blow up, making the way for the others.

they'd have to be VERY expensive, and as I see, most players don't CARE about the price.

Just beware that they don't become TOO dangerious.

And drop the engine thing - doesn't really do lots of gameplay.

I like the general idea for units, but I say keep it to the X-COM1 tank-types for now. I'd go with mikker on the engine thing... it could mean life or death for your tank, but most people will just ignore it and slap in the nastiest looking weapon. :P