XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Geoscape Effect

fux0r666

A nice touch for the geoscape would be lights eminating from the major world metropolises at night. I think that the portion, and by potion I mean exactly HALF of the earth like in reality, that is facing away from the sun should be black as pitch. The shape of the world at night would be defined by the citylights dotting the landscape.

Screenshots on the main page, I'll get u a link 1 mo

Edit: Here y'r

[img]http://www.projectxenocide.com/art/geo/16.jpg[/img] Edited by Jim69

Really? I definatly liked the pic but it wasn't any graphics that convinced me. I've looked at projects like this b4 and my first thought was "Oh look, another half arsed attempt at coding a game. Oh well, it IS X-Com, I'll take a quick peek at what stage they are at."

Then I saw the ideas.

I saw the amount of peeps.

I saw that there seemed 2 be no flaming just honest discussion and work.

After seeing all of that I really wanted 2 help and learn something new 2 help, since my idea's alone don't mean squat if I can't do anything and I've felt that way ever since :) Edited by Jim69

Uhh, are you going to change the intercept window? Specifically the interceptor's picture, that looks like the classic interceptor and not the new xc1 based on raptor iirc. Of course, that might be just a filler picture and i'm too dumb to realize it...
It would be cool to be part of the project, but I have no skills that could help it, I can just think of ideas. Thats it. :D Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

Where are the interceptor concepts located?

It's good to see that there are so many like minded individuals out there. When I saw the picture of the soldiers that look like soldiers and not startrek throwbacks with disco hair I nearly wept with glee. Edited by fux0r666

I came here for the xcom side, starting getting into that community and saw that there was a Xenocide part of it. Only after a while did i start to actually take an interest in that too.

Dont know where the concepts are for the interceptor. Look in the forums and on the website.

www.projectxenocide.com has a concept art page, look around there and u will find a lot of models of what is already done, it isn't all of them but it is a majority.

I've seen those concepts and I must say that I'm not certain if I like either of them. Maybe the Avenger could be spruced up a bit with a decent skin.

I kind of like the original concept for the avenger... a crude adaptation of alien technology- therefore it looks like a ufo with human plumbing.

Good to see that my concept work is doing its job. If any of you have the time check out this prog on the pocket pc. There is an emu on ms's site somewhere. Basically it does what it says. Pocket Earth. Its a pretty amazing little prog even more so becasue its a ppc prog.
[url="http://www.bluepointstudio.com/www/products/pocketearth.html"]http://www.bluepointstudio.com/www/product...ocketearth.html[/url]
It has the day night feature included as well as a host of other cool features.

One day there will be an xcom for the ppc :D Edited by Deimos

Personally I want xcom to be released on a game boy. (although this is probably because I have a gameboy, and not a ppc.) And, don't even the best ppcs have like 2 mb of space? Thats not quite enough for xcom... :D