XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Global Moderator:moderators

Blehm 98

i just did a count, and, counting stewart and micah, the ratio of Global moderators to Normal moderators is 17:19. Just telling you this, maybe we need more normal moderators :wink: (the TFTD forums seem odly empty with me being the only moderator and no mod for technical issues)

[edit] sorry, didn't notice supsuper was a moderator, but he doesn't do anything i know of[/edit]

Edited by blehm

[edit] sorry, didn't notice supsuper was a moderator, but he doesn't do anything i know of[/edit]

what do you mean i don't do anything? i have lots of fun closing and opening threads :P

but seriously, xcom 2 hardly needs any modding. no misplaced posts, no posts needing deleting, and pretty low activity too.

Guys, you don't know how hard the job is though.... :D

Put it this way, if more mods were needed, Stewart and Micah would have asked some.

I pestered for ages - in gets you there eventually :D Just be good, and maybe next christmas.... :D

I can always can some globals to make the ratio better. :devillaugh:

Actually I have been cleaning house lately.

It seems certain members are no longer admins? :)

Indeed, the activity in TFTD is quite low. About moderators, what are they actually for? I wish more people would talk about TFTD, I guess I came right when the party is close to be over. For how long a person have to a member before he can apply to be a regular moderator? And how much time would take?

Oh my, the inquisitive interviews, background checks and gruesome tests you have to go through here to become a moderator! :construction:

Here's the deal in a nutshell: Stewart gets bored; names are suggested by him or by third parties, or the applicants themselves (if not he'll have to remain bored and probably will check for more recruits or add some forum layers, he's probably bored all the time ;) ); Stewart then randomly picks a number or something and some more people can call themselves moderator. That's it, I guess :P

Edited by j'ordos

Oh my, the inquisitive interviews, background checks and gruesome tests you have to go through here to become a moderator! :construction:

Here's the deal in a nutshell: Stewart gets bored; names are suggested by him or by third parties, or the applicants themselves (if not he'll have to remain bored and probably will check for more recruits or add some forum layers, he's probably bored all the time ;) ); Stewart then randomly picks a number or something and some more people can call themselves moderator. That's it, I guess :P

This is an answer, partial, but an answer. The part that I still don't understand is how necessary is a moderator, what he has to do and why should anyone bother to be one? Won't take to much time from their busy life?

And obscene language is not something I see often around here. When I tried to type h-e-l-l (for the aliens) my message was automatically reverted to the word heck, so no problem there.

May I ask who is Stewart? I should look up myself, but just in case.

About tests, it would be a great topic, tests of how well people know about TFDT and which are the tiny usefull or useless details

moderators keep forums tidy, tasks include : remove obsolete topics, decide which topic should be pinned & which not, suppress any form of rebellion :sly: , world domination, and many more...

so it's not only about obscene language :)

Stewart is one of the two admins (Micah is the other one), Micah owns the place, Stewart runs it, more-or less? :)

Well, according to 'the moderating team' the only admins now are admin1&admin2, not stewart & micah, but well...

about tests, I suppose Stewart monitors every move you make, so if you do good, you stay, if you do bad, ... Dunno :)

Edited by j'ordos

moderators keep forums tidy, tasks include : remove obsolete topics, decide which topic should be pinned & which not, surpress any form of rebellion :sly: , world domination, and many more...

so it's not only about obscene language :)

Thanks for your answers. :)

About rebellion, yes, it must be exterminated :whip: immediately.

I imagine even aliens in TFTD have more chances to survive. :P

But it would be fun to annoy the moderators :Poke: from time to time, at least with questions.

So to be a moderator is pretty burocratic :( and doesn't bring much fun in your life. And you wonder they're apathic. What do you expect, it's normal to be depressed to pin topics all day or even worse, not to have anything to do.

I better go back to the aliens, they just keep coming and coming...

From what I've seen so far, things are generally kept civil and everything's fine and dandy. However, moderators are still needed to keep the peace should it ever get broken.

I tend to log on every day just to see what's up although I haven't seen too many opportunities to weild my demi-moderatorly powers - mostly because some other moderator will have beaten me to it. ;)

That and I'm overly lenient to topic drift.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

See how honest Micah and I are. :innocent:

Actually Micah and I are Admins but administrator is our secondary group (Xenocide Senior Members being out primary). The software catalogues only the primary group. In this case Seniors are a form of global moderator, so BINGO we show up as such.

Admin1 = Micah, Admin2 = Me; There are two levels of administrators. Root admins and admins. Root admins have access to all the logs where as admins do not. Admins cannot make themselves root admins. Admin 1 and 2 are root admins so micah and I can access the root admin tools.

Indeed, the activity in TFTD is quite low. About moderators, what are they actually for? I wish more people would talk about TFTD, I guess I came right when the party is close to be over. For how long a person have to a member before he can apply to be a regular moderator? And how much time would take?

Wanna be one? Which forum(s)?

Hmmm? Where did j'ordos get this text from?

Wanna be one?  Which forum(s)?

Aaaa...... TFTD if it's available, I love this game :) and I'm playing it since 1997. But I still don't think much has to be done in it. I know moderators can bring a lot of unhappiness around, is there any way for a moderator to be as friendly as possible?

I'm thinking that once some posts just dissapear just to find them into another topic. Is it possible for a moderator to leave a very short message (can be deleted after a month) that that reply was moved and where?

Or being friendly would seem like that forum is not moderated at all?

We have a forum called Alien Containment. This is where bad threads are sent. Users are aware of this. Before sending the thread thus the sender leaves an explanation.

Can moderators be nice, hmmm? How 'bout if you prove they can? :Deal:

ZAP!

We have a forum called Alien Containment.  This is where bad threads are sent.  Users are aware of this.  Before sending the thread thus the sender leaves an explanation.

Can moderators be nice, hmmm?  How 'bout if you prove they can? :Deal:

ZAP!

Well, I'll try my best.

Thank you for your trust, I hope I won't be a dissapointment.

Now I'm going back for more fun :Coffee: