XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Upgrade

Micah

Just to let everyone know, the lazy folks who develop this free forum software :P have finally released a reasonably stable version of the 2.0 IBforums. I will be upgrading our forums some time during the next three days. I make daily backups of the forums, so no worry there. The only noticable changes at first will be a slightly different skin, though based on the same theme, and everyone will probably have their cookie reset and will be required to log in if you don't already do so regularly.

Okay, after a bit of hacking and slashing, the forums appear to be working. Please forgive the messes that are laying around (look at the list of subforums under the lab! :o ) Feel free to let me know what you think is not working correctly...

Pretty cool. I noticed this forum didn't work in the morning and I immediatly remembered that you're upgrading this in the near future. Looks great!

For the moment, you can switch to the look and feel of the old forum by changing your skin to "IPB Skin Set 1.2 (NEW) Green" at the bottom of any page. Be aware, though, that you will not be able to access all the new forum functions through it.

and I keep clicking on My Assistant instead of New Posts.

I re-ordered the menu bar at the top to match the old forum. Let me know if that feels better.

Something else to watch out for is that now the quote, edit, delete buttons are at the BOTTOM of a post, instead of at the top.

well if you need to get at the work that's behind there, one way is to drop into the lo-fi version, navigate to where you want, then pop back up in hi-fi.

My first words when logging on..... "Whaaa? What the heck is going on here? I go for only a WEEK and they completely change everything!!!"

That said it does look good. :D

Sorry about the trouble. Is anyone else experience difficulties viewing or replying in any of the forums they usually have access to? I think only the workshops were affected because they were bumped down from a category to a forum.

I gave guests access to the workshops; I forget, did we want that?

You're right, I've disabled their ability to read, but they will be able to see that the forums actually exist.

Ah okay so they can see that there is a forum but can't see the content? Sort of like that carrot I talked about in our PMs huh?

wow, i leave for some days and when i return i go all "WTF? :blink: What happened to my green skin?!?" :P

but it's good to see the new forum version up and running. takes some time to get used to, but it's still the same thing. i'll make a green skin for it as soon as IPB makes a new GDK for v2.0 ;)

wow, i leave for some days and when i return i go all "WTF? :blink: What happened to my green skin?!?" :P

but it's good to see the new forum version up and running. takes some time to get used to, but it's still the same thing. i'll make a green skin for it as soon as IPB makes a new GDK for v2.0 ;)

You can select the green skin again. It just looks almost exactly like the old version, though I did not test it extensively. Anyway, a 2.0 green one is welcome.

Noticed that you cant upload files with certain extensions like zi_, zi, etc. And as guyver posted in the programming thread some uploaded files do not work.

Greetings

Red Knight

The files still exist on the server so I would only need to relink the post to it. Have you found any other attachments that did not make it through?

At the moment I've added .zip support. I've tried to add .rar and .exe but the software won't let me :( I'll do some research.

I'm not quite sure, but looks like topic reply e-mail notifications stopped working for me.

I'll be looking in to that...

oi Micah,

I noticed my gobal attachments space is shrinking. Is this the way it's suppose to be?

are we only allocated so much space in attachments?

oi Micah,

I noticed my gobal attachments space is shrinking. Is this the way it's suppose to be? are we only allocated so much space in attachments?

There is a new attachment cap for each individual which can be bumped up when needed. I'll obviously have to be adjusting those very soon.

mine already is at -5825554 bytes :)

That just means you're in the hole and would have to delete 6mb of attachments in order to attach more, but as I said above, I'll just increase the quota.

hah i have -119593187bytes :P

OMG SupSuper! I should send you a bill :P

hah i have -119593187bytes :P

OMG SupSuper! I should send you a bill :P

hey i'm the host of Forum Members in X-Com i need my space :P

and soon, so that i can continue the game ^_^

edit: oh and one thing i noticed is that some threads that i have already read are marked as unread even though there's nothing new :wacko:

Edited by SupSuper

looks 3dish.  Also, i thought invision power boards cost money to buy :(

Better go check the site

REAlly micah, it says you have to pay either lifetime or yearly for invision power boards

When you're done playing policeman, you can send me the money to my paypal account: [email protected]

I planned to do a one-year registration after IPB 2.0.0 was released, so thanks for your, uh, concern...

Noticed that you cant upload files with certain extensions like zi_, zi, etc. And as guyver posted in the programming thread some uploaded files do not work.

Greetings

Red Knight

This has been fixed. exe, rar, and zip files are now working.

I am unable to change skins for some reason?  Any ideas?

I disabled the rest of the skins because there is a funny bug in all of them: once you switch to one of them, the option in your profile that allows you to switch the skin again is completey missing :o You'll have to wait for supsuper to make another one.

can you enable attaching .stt files? again, for Forum Members in X-Com's sake ;)

edit:

REAlly micah, it says you have to pay either lifetime or yearly for invision power boards

there's also a Free Trial Version (fully functional just has copyright lines and stuff) link if you look carefully :P

or if you still can't find it, here: http://www.invisionboard.com/download.cgi?subc=trial

Edited by SupSuper

can you enable attaching .stt files? again, for Forum Members in X-Com's sake ;)

What are .stt files?

What about .map, .mpr, and .yrm files

Can't you zip or rar those? It would be nice if you tried to save space but compressing...

What are .stt files?

they're stats files used by my Soldier Customizer, so ppl can use custom stats for their soldier in the game.

and they're already small as it is so zipping them would just make them bigger

What are .stt files?

they're stats files used by my Soldier Customizer, so ppl can use custom stats for their soldier in the game.

and they're already small as it is so zipping them would just make them bigger

Okay, I've added the ability to upload them.

Hmm... I haven't checked very many of them myself. This is the trend you are seeing? All of the files are still on the server, taking up a good 600mb, so I don't know why it would not have worked with the upgrade. When I get home from South Carolina I'll go hunting for pre-upgrade attachments and see what I find.

Hmm... I haven't checked very many of them myself. This is the trend you are seeing? All of the files are still on the server, taking up a good 600mb, so I don't know why it would not have worked with the upgrade. When I get home from South Carolina I'll go hunting for pre-upgrade attachments and see what I find.

ah wait, I think know what it is, I checked a few of the savedgame's, which are in .ex_ format, which you are no longer allowed to upload. In that case, it's just every attachment having an extension that is no longer accepted by the board that ceased to function :)

Edited by j'ordos

Okay, well that's better than it initially sounded. Do you have any kind of list of all the attachments that are not working? It's a very simple thing to make new extensions allowed. I'm very dissappointed that the forum upgrade did not keep any of the settings we had set up on the previous version.

I added the .ex_ extension to the permissable list. Please let me know if they work now.

Mikah my friend it gets better. It would seem many if not all the access masks got mangled as well. Don't worry sir, all your horses and men are trying to put XcomUFO back together again. :rolleyes:

Mikah my friend it gets better.  It would seem many if not all the access masks got mangled as well.  Don't worry sir, all your horses and men are trying to put XcomUFO back together again. :rolleyes:

:whip: That's right, get busy! :devillaugh: