XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Apocalypse Manual Location

Beer Baron

I have read many posts on these Forums where people have stated that they have trouble with the games because of having no manual to refer to. For all of those people who are looking for a manual for Apocalypse and the other X-COMs go to replacementdocs. They have PDF copies of the manuals for all the X-COM games, as well as a load of other games on PC and other gaming platforms.

I hope this helps all those manual-less people out there!

I just thought that given the number of people who said that they didn't play Apocalypse due to a lack of a manual in the thread 'Why don't you play Apocalypse', that someone would appreciate a link to a manual. (Or at least a hint as to the manual's location. I didn't want to break Forum rules.)

The best advice in the entire manual is perhaps the jump feature (which is more of a 'jump off' action). Everything else is somewhat intuitive or easy enough to figure out through experimentation.

Actually, I don't remember, but I think there are a number of things not mentioned in the manual. Haven't read it in a while, but does it mention how to add waypoints in the cityscape? (Plot destination first, then select a go-to or attack action (same as what you used, anyway), hold down ctrl (or was it alt?) and then add waypoints along the way, then cancel - don't complete the action).

What, you think I read the manuals first before I play the game? Well, sometimes, if the install takes too long. :) I'm one of those 'play first, read manual later' type of players. Granted, for D&D-like stat-pumper RPGs I tend to read the manual first so I can do a bit of min-maxing.

- NKF

Guest Azrael
Many people don't play Apocalypse because they can't accept that it's so very superior to UFO Defense and Terror from the Deep :P It's the best, I tell ya! :D