2 replies to this topic

#1 Adun_Toridas

Adun_Toridas

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:08 PM

as you can remember, we do have a little mech (sectopods) for the ethereals. What i was thinking was that some Xcom soldiers may use little mechs (armed with just plasma or laser cannons) in battles. Those would be available after capturing a sectopod.

Moreover, as those mechs would not be able to fly as hovertanks... they would have the stadistics (in reactions, accuracy, moral, psionics but no utīs) of the pilots (like in matrix revolutions). And could be also dismounted, if the soldier is needed to enter into narrow spaces.

Please, say something about this idea. ^_^

#2 tzuchan

tzuchan

Xnet Proof Task Force

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

There already is a topic about this.
HWP-Mecha
tzuchan - the last sane CTD writer
- Writer of the Anti-Astyanax Gun CT
- Read my X-Com Profile
Main reason I've got no free time anymore:
Posted Image
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#3 stewart

stewart

Programming Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 10,528 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

as you can remember, we do have a little mech (sectopods) for the ethereals. What i was thinking was that some Xcom soldiers may use little mechs (armed with just plasma or laser cannons) in battles. Those would be available after capturing a sectopod.

Moreover, as those mechs would not be able to fly as hovertanks... they would have the stadistics (in reactions, accuracy, moral, psionics but no utīs) of the pilots (like in matrix revolutions). And could be also dismounted, if the soldier is needed to enter into narrow spaces.

Please, say something about this idea.  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but but but that would mean a tank that COULD be mind controlled by the aliens.
Posted Image
I'm starting to like the heavy cannon more and more.