XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Apoc in DosBox

Morpheus

Hello

I tried to install Apoc following the instructions in this forum. What I did:

Created an Image of my Apoc CD (original german version from 1997)

Started DosBox 0.73

mount c e:\

mount d f:\ -t cdrom

Installed the game, no problems whatsoever.

Did the sound settings - SB16 220 IRQ: 7 DMA:5 - Any other setting will cause DosBox to crash. The test sound was successful.

Saved config and exit.

Closed DosBox

Copied the SMK and Maps Folder as well as the music file (I usually deactivate music in any game)

Started DosBox again

When using xcomapoc.exe I can see the intro just fine with no garbled sound. After the intro, I'm back at the dos prompt

Using the xcom3.bat from the x3cdfix.zip I can start a game but as long as I use sound, any click will cause doxbox to crash. And playing a game with no sound at all really really really sucks :( :( :(

Running the setup in windows and not in DosBox will cause a fatal system crash on my computer (my OS is WinXP SP3). To be exact, it crashes my displaydriver, ati2dvag.dll. And it is so fatal, that I have to shut down the computer and shut off the power switch on my extension cord. Not doing that will cause the computer to stop booting before windows even starts.

So, any ideas what I can do to experience sound in the game without it crashing at every click?

If it is possible, could someone make the exe files from the CE edition available? (If it is possible to use them with the 1.0 version from 1997 ^^)

Regards