XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ogre 1.0.0 (azathoth)

red knight

Hi guys,

The RC1 of the Ogre 1.0.0 build will be with us, in a little while (10 days more or less). Lots of improvements (and breaking changes) are to be found there, so be aware that we will move to that version as soon as it is released. Unless we can find someone to update the current sources and updater packages to the RC1 (as there wont be any breaking change after that).

More details of the changes at the Ogre Unofficial Wiki ( http://ogrewiki.digitalsentience.com/index...notated_roadmap ).

Greetings

Red Knight

Edited by red knight

:D

That's gonna be exciting event. I'm with Ogre for over 2 years and it feels really great to be so close to 1.0.

Anyway, becouse of the amount of work Sinbad put into new resources system, I'm going to use it for our purpose (like CEGUI is doing it), instead of reinventing the wheel and coding new resource system.

Guyver

• 2 weeks later...

RC1 is out. @Guyver can you make a dependencies packages so we can start porting it to the first Ogre major release? Just add the package so we can install it and work in the porting to the new version.

Greetings

Red Knight

I thought of the same thing, but I'd rather wait for release, becouse CEGUI 0.2.0 is going to be released at the same time. I'm compiling ogre cvs head every day (mostly), but I really would like to wait for the official release of 1.0.0 along with CEGUI 0.2.0.

Ogre renderer for CEGUI is going to be moved to Ogre and this also implies some recompilation of dependencies. And I'm leaving this weekend to ski for a week, so if you like then I'll get it packed tomorrow (today actually according to local time ;) ), but I'd wait a week for 1.0.0 or at least for ogre renderer to be moved from cegui to ogre.

Greetings,

Guyver

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have compiled Ogre 1.0 (thou I'm not sure if I've compiled the right branch, becouse they have CVS branches like azathoth, azathoth-merged-to-head, v1-0, v1-0-0), but I believe that the azathoth is the proper one. I compiled CEGUI also and I've cleaned (deleted) some dependencies from common package. Those aren't uploaded yet, becouse before I do I want you to tell me if you have some special requests before I make new packages from them.

What's left in common is:

DevIL, DevILU, zlib, Cg, zziplib, xerces 2.6, python 2.4. (we don't need zthread - boost has threads)

I left boost-full package. New ogre and cegui packages will follow common one.

Greetings,

Guyver

Ok, at last I've managed to do it. All packages are updated. See note on wiki.

Red Knight: like Sinbad recommends everywhere on forum for more experienced developers, I used source code to compile Ogre, the one from maintance CVS branch (azathoth) which is the most bugfree version available.

To all developers: Do not update dependencies with Updater if you want to be able to compile Xenocide. We now need to port what we have to Ogre 1.0.0. Shouldn't take too much time, but since I don't have lots of spare time these days (school), I can work on half of my usual speed.

My proposition is to make an Ogre 1.0.0 branch and port Xenocide there.

Greetings,

Guyver

Hi,

Ok, I managed to get it to compile with Ogre 1.0. Since it's working, I put it into main branch.

So you guys have to update your dependencies.

There's now quite some areas where we can start using the new features.

First among those is probably the new resource system that allows asynchronous loading of resources. Having a loading-screen for the planetscape would be really nice instead of the "hanging" GUI when you hit New Game for the first time.

Also, better render-to-texture funtionality (especially in OpenGL) and non-power-of-two texture support should let me improve the looks of the crossfading.

Someone might also be interested in investigating the movieplayer for Ogre. It has been ported to 1.0 and is supposed to be in a quite usable state.

Intro movie: COOOOL

Rincewind

Hi,

Ok, I managed to get it to compile with Ogre 1.0. Since it's working, I put it into main branch.

So you guys have to update your dependencies.S

And as usual, you forgot to update the dependencies paths on the Release config (don't worry I did it for you) ;)

There's now quite some areas where we can start using the new features.

First among those is probably the new resource system that allows asynchronous loading of resources. Having a loading-screen for the planetscape would be really nice instead of the "hanging" GUI when you hit New Game for the first time.

i agree, specially since the "hanging" grows bigger and bigger with every update, specially with the Debug build.

Also, better render-to-texture funtionality (especially in OpenGL) and non-power-of-two texture support should let me improve the looks of the crossfading.

omeone might also be interested in investigating the movieplayer for Ogre. It has been ported to 1.0 and is supposed to be in a quite usable state.

Rincewind

but first we need the movie, which probably takes much more time to make than finding out how the movieplayer works :P Edited by SupSuper

Someone might also be interested in investigating the movieplayer for Ogre. It has been ported to 1.0 and is supposed to be in a quite usable state.

Rincewind

Is this movieplayer acutally integrated in Ogre?

There is a videoplayer plugin which supports theora and (think still in development) ffmpeg. Is that what you meant?

It also has a demo of it being used with CEGUI, so should be relatively easy to stick it in wherever we need.

Rincewind

Is this movieplayer acutally integrated in Ogre?

There is a videoplayer plugin which supports theora and (think still in development) ffmpeg. Is that what you meant?

It also has a demo of it being used with CEGUI, so should be relatively easy to stick it in wherever we need.

I was talking about the theora one. So whoever undertakes this will have to compile it and probably also make a dependency package for it.

It would also have to be integrated with our AudioSystem.

Want to give it a try?

Rincewind