XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Scaring Alien Soldiers

Minion

I used to have fun imagining that tossing the body of an alien I had killed into a room with aliens in it would cause them to freak out.

After all, those corpses could be tossed just like grenades. Of course being realistic you shouldnt be able to toss it very far, but still it should be possible to lob it into a room. Tossing a body and immediately hearing that pathetic lobster man scream would be hilarious. :devillaugh:

[quote name='Minion' date='Oct 31 2003, 09:41 AM']I used to have fun imagining that tossing the body of an alien I had killed into a room with aliens in it would cause them to freak out.

After all, those corpses could be tossed just like grenades. Of course being realistic you shouldnt be able to toss it very far, but still it should be possible to lob it into a room. Tossing a body and immediately hearing that pathetic lobster man scream would be hilarious. :devillaugh:[/quote]
Well you honestly can't throw the body that far, and you don't know how much a sectoid weights! Have you ever tried throwing an alien?! I think not! :D
But it would be nice if the sound department could put together a sound like:
"OMG! THEY KILLED KENNY!!!" from the aliens when you throw the body in the room. ^_^

Edit: I would think a sectoid would weight 45-60 lbs. Edited by Cmdr. Luke

Of course, this wouldn't work for some aliens, for example Silacoids are too stupid to recognize their corpse... and even if they do, they won't panic... "what's this pile of crap?" "you stupid Silacoid!!! It's your brother!!!" "hi, brother" ;)

• 3 months later...
Again facehugger. Why does everything have to have something to do with humping? :LOL:

I think this would be great but it's probably too hard to implement.

Would 3 dead corpses cause more panic than one? And that wouldn't be scaring, I think Minion ment he wants to scare them by throwin corpses at them. Like, "there's your mom buttwipe!"

• 10 months later...
Instead of panic, it should alert aliens that there are hostiles near the dead alien. You could use it as a distraction to get them away from where you troops really are. This means you could take a couple Muton corpses on a mission and have one guy lug and drop them on the opposite side of where you are approaching. The aliens send a few troops over there and you come and take their ship while starring at their dead cousin. After you lift off you blow up the entire area.