XCOMUFO & Xenocide

SND - C MUSIC - Atex - Planetview V0.1 new tryout

ATeX

Just a new tryout for planetview. I didn't like the previous one, after listening to it a lot. So, here it is, a new concept. Some more use of an orchestra. Ah well, listen to it and u will notice :wink: Constructive comments always welcome! ^_^

[url="http://www.projectxenocide.com/public/audio/ATeX_-_Planetview_v0.1_-_VBR128.ogg"]OGG VBR128: ATeX - Planetview v0.1[/url]

[url="http://www.projectxenocide.com/public/audio/ATeX_-_Planetview_-_LAME_VBR0.mp3"]MP3 VBR320: ATeX - Planetview v0.1[/url]

greets,

ATeX

EDIT: added MP3 version ^_^ and added some more information Edited by ATeX

pretty good style. Maybe too much tension for a strategial music. But theres definitivly not anything bad about it :)

Sounded horrible with my computer speakers but then I turned my stereo on and put some bass and more volume.. Now it's great!! :) I like it! I actually like the bit of tension in it.

This song brings to my mind vision of somekind of valley, where troops are getting in place for ambush.

On technical side other parts of this song i like, but i am not sure about the drums. Snare seems little "thin" and few parts you are over "playing" with them. But in overall great work as always :) .

It's a combination of programs actually. I used Cubase SX, Absynth, Reason and Gigastudio along with some orchestral samples

It could even sound better, but, ah well, I'm also just a student learning new ways of producing with the help of a computer. :Blush:

• 3 weeks later...
not bad, but you've done better :wink:

• 2 months later...
[quote]I actually like the bit of tension in it.[/quote]

Some Geoscape events make me much more tense than some Battlescape events- like playing against a crashed small UFO with Snakemen. Think "detecting a Muton mothership heading straight for your base before avengers..."

/me shivers.

So yeah, some tension is good. It's the "managing your base" music that needs a distinct lack of tension :) Why would researching corspes or building craft make me tense? :D Edited by 54x