XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Capturing Them Alive

I thought of stunning and it occured to me that it has potential to kill.

What i mean here is that when creature receives too much stun damage, nerve system or some internal organs fail and poor creature dies.

This would make capturing weaker aliens a little more challenging/frustrating as the long hunted commander dies when zapped. Floaters could be really hard to capture as their life support system usually fails fatally when hit by stun. Sectoids are just weak, and thus die easily, snakemen are your average and mutons and eths are just pain to stun, but they don't die easy.

Then it came to me that already stunned creatures can be zapped to deepen unconciousness/extend time until recovery. There is the risk of killing them accidentally needed.

Making any sense?

makes a lot of sense to me. the difference between unconsciousness, coma and death is really only a quantitative one... too much gas can kill you, just as too much knocking on the skull :hammer: can.

the issue of unconscious aliens brings up an important question: how will xenocide treat unconscious aliens and soldiers? afaik x-com treated them as objects: you can pick them up, throw them, but cannot target them anymore, and they can only be hurt or destroyed by blast damage.

perhaps for xenocide, they should be treated differently, as well as other objects in the battlescape: if you can target everything specifically, you can stun and even kill already unconscious aliens. as a side effect, if you do it this way, you can target a door to blast it open (instead of using the stupid click-behind-the-object-you-want-to-hit system in x-com). :cussing:

by the way, this also opens the door for commando tactics: creep up behind an alien, stun it, take a close combat weapon (knife) and kill it. (it is usually easier to stun something than kill it directly, and this is virtually soundless...) :devillaugh:

Guest KillZone
Maybe so but...No way Im stabbing a half awake Muton in the back with a combat knife...I like my arms where they are thank you...