XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Lost Hope!? Last Hope!

ApOcaLyPSe_1985

Ok, I think you ppl get the wrong ideas or something. Or maybe it's just a typo or whatever :P
Anyways, X-COM: Last Hope will continue developement no matter what.
We all use our free time in this project, and unfortunatly, most of us lack free time thus developement is much slower.
We're getting ready for the first alpha (internal).
We have all things necessary except some code which may not be necessary at this point, some maps proved to be final and animation for the chars and wps.

That's it for now :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Last Hope appears to be finally dead now, their site is down, the only page visible is [url="http://207.99.63.216/"]http://207.99.63.216/[/url] which is the main page, most links are dead, except the ones leading to their forum, which remains silent and has been hacked long ago, having the hacker's signature on all threads.

[quote name='Azrael' date='Nov 4 2005, 05:26 PM']Last Hope appears to be finally dead now, their site is down, the only page visible is [url="http://207.99.63.216/"]http://207.99.63.216/[/url] which is the main page, most links are dead, except the ones leading to their forum, which remains silent and has been hacked long ago, having the hacker's signature on all threads.
[right][post="138780"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Most links are not really dead, but lead to the wrong DNS Adress. If you type in the IP Adr. instead of the dns alias, followed by the correct sub-path, you'll get to where the link actually should have leaded. But I agree... This might be more or less dead... :( Edited by Mad

Yup, Mr. Hackey has sure been busy.

I'm getting this message on some links lower on the list:

[quote]Notice: This domain name expired on 10/20/05 and is pending renewal or deletion[/quote]
Did someone forget to pay their bills, or is the project cancelled? Stay tuned to find out. Me thinks cancelled. :wink1:

- Zombie

[quote name='Zombie' date='Nov 4 2005, 03:54 PM']Yup, Mr. Hackey has sure been busy.

I'm getting this message on some links lower on the list:

[quote]Notice: This domain name expired on 10/20/05 and is pending renewal or deletion[/quote]
Did someone forget to pay their bills, or is the project cancelled? Stay tuned to find out. Me thinks cancelled. :wink1:

- Zombie
[right][post="138786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
They had also said there were working on another project for now; now I'm thinking, it's already hard to finish [b]one[/b] project, how are they supposed to finish [b]two[/b]? or even go back to the first one even if they do finish the new one, not a good sign of commitment <_<

True. Their "other" game is called the [url="http://borealisproject.com/index.php"]Borealis project[/url]
This may clear up some questions:

[quote name='ApOcaLyPSe_1985' date=' 29th May 2005 at 01:51 pm']The mod [Last Hope] isn't dead. It just has been frozen temporarily to make place for a new project which will run on the HL2 engine. It's based for a medium portion on XCOM: Alliance, the game that will never see daylight. The reason for this is to attract both the old fans of the series as well as newcomers, but also because we can add so many new things... the current mod right now only appeals to the old fans mostly and hardly attracts people with the skills in finishing it. If the new project is succesful, which it will become very likely (I have high hopes for it after seeing the concept :P), the staff assembled could then turn the heat up again for the older project and we can produce a much better result then what we have now.[/quote]
For what it's worth, the Borealis homepage is still up and running. :)

- Zombie

[quote name='Zombie' date='Nov 6 2005, 01:37 AM']True. Their "other" game is called the [url="http://borealisproject.com/index.php"]Borealis project[/url]
This may clear up some questions:

[quote name='ApOcaLyPSe_1985' date=' 29th May 2005 at 01:51 pm']The mod [Last Hope] isn't dead. It just has been frozen temporarily to make place for a new project which will run on the HL2 engine. It's based for a medium portion on XCOM: Alliance, the game that will never see daylight. The reason for this is to attract both the old fans of the series as well as newcomers, but also because we can add so many new things... the current mod right now only appeals to the old fans mostly and hardly attracts people with the skills in finishing it. If the new project is succesful, which it will become very likely (I have high hopes for it after seeing the concept :P), the staff assembled could then turn the heat up again for the older project and we can produce a much better result then what we have now.[/quote]
For what it's worth, the Borealis homepage is still up and running. :)

- Zombie
[right][post="138899"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
[/quote]
Well, that's what they say, but Last Hope's webpage doesn't really give much.. hope :P

• 1 month later...
As part of the original Last Hope team, as well as part of the "new" team on the Borealis Project - i wouldent 100% call Last Hope dead, alot of the members are missing - so production has more or less halted. As for the Borealis Boards being dead (note: Borealis Project is not a new game, its simply a group name we've taken on) - the team frequently checks the forum and such, but when there isent much to reveal atm. to the public :) and no public members discussing or anything - there wont be much action going on there. Most of the team checks the forums usually around once a day.

-Vej

Halt would be the correct word for both Mods. No word on Borealis for some months now and HL:LH frozen since August or September plus the hacking and slashing. You could call both dead now but back again, let's call it on HALT.

As an ex-Member of the HL:LH Beta Testers I would have liked to see a finished version of the game but well things happen besides the fact that people have real lives and they need to work and stuff and blah, blah, blah, like Salvi said on a post on Borealis.

Will they ever go back to work? Well get the original team on one room without windows or doors and they might be able to do something besides joking all day on the off-topic area like they used to do. :P I'm kidding but it was kinda hilarious to see all those jokes and all the "We got this finished! And we got a Build now!". I was surprised they even got to Alpha and Beta versions.

Best Wishes!

-Vico Surge

edit: damnit! thats 4 times its deleted my reply - F''k you evil keyboard and or board.

Anyway, for the last time (unless it deletes it again):

Coders = AWOL (was sent to war, havent heard from him in months)

Cyalume = attending programming school, while learning 3d on the side

Apocalypse_1985 = working in tech support, diddent get into his game design course, will try again next year to get in

Me = attending game design school (covering from marketing to programming and all other things such as 3d, 2d, development planing and more.)
Also working on www.hull-breach.com (other than borealis).
Just finished my first examn in game design :)

We do have a little free time, but i cant say for the others - i know for a fact that Cyalume and Apoc (as i regulary keep in contact with them) are extremely busy with their work :( and properly wont have time to do much for anyone.

But thats just a little why and why not...something.

My ininital post was much much more in detail, and properly also written in alot better english than this - but my temper got tested to the extreme by having to write the same thing over and over.

-Vej