XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Last Hope Hl Mod Is Back!

Valmont

The X-COM - Last Hope mod has made its way from the 3DS render age into the released alpha age . Check the major gallery update!
Also we finally outlined the game concept which will include a Strategy layer an Intercept layer (you get to shoot down UFOs in a HL based flight sim!) and a tactical layer to battle the aliens or the X-Com. All the goodies that made the original X-Com games so great!
Check out this great Xcom based Half life mod NOW!

lasthopemod.moddb.com
OR
[url="http://207.99.63.216/"]http://207.99.63.216/[/url]

X-COM LAST HOPE: our last and best hope of an XCOM based FPS!
For all X-com fans or just the HL fans who would like to play a mod with so many revolutionary features such as:

*Intercept Layer: you fly a Jet or UFO!
*Geoscape mode: you view the world and administarte your base
*Tactical mode: Stop the alien menace or rule the world as an alien!
*Random Generated High quality Maps
*Day and Night system
*Economy and buying and selling system
*Currently in alpha Stage to be released Chrismass 2003!
MUCH MORE!!
Have you ever seen so many cool features in only one HL MOD?

For some updated screenshots of the LH HL MOD visit this address:

[url="http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/1000/"]http://mods.moddb.com/gallery/1000/[/url]

Enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't want to know general idea. I want to know what will it be! ;)

If it will be just FPP then it is nothing special to me. They could make skin packs to QIII of aliens and Humans then split into teams and run around killing eachother. But if it will be UFO with FPP battlescape then it would be very interesting. I was thinking about mod / option for multiplayer which switches traditional BattleScape into FPP fight in Xenocide. I just want to know is someone already doing something similiar.

Ok, Here is the skinny as I understand it. It will be a mp half life mod which has humans versus aliens. It will have battlescape (but first person, and I presume, real time.) and interception (I think you fly a ufo/jet and shoot down opposing forces) I don't know if they are going to include the research/base building portions of the game. I hope so though.

FPP like First Person Perspective? Well the tactical it will be a First Person Shooter for sure. The geoscape is a whole different thing. Research will be in. Manufacturing stuff will be included in one way or the other. Bases will play a role. X-COM and Alien alike. Aliens will be given an grand objective too. The game will not be about who got more frags (actually we will get rid of the frag counter). Instead who cooperates better. It will be kinda "persistent" where X-COM and Aliens are to fulfill the strategical objective given to them. It is possible that X-COM wins ALL tactical engagement yet Aliens won with better strategy. Something similar to Dynaverse for Star Fleet Command, but more simple and themed in X-COM of course. We will fill all the parts of the game with a complex deeper meaning just like it was in UFO. Only in this game you play face to face with the enemy and there is no set accuracy and reaction rating for a soldier. YOU HAVE THEM!

"I was thinking about mod / option for multiplayer which switches traditional BattleScape into FPP fight in Xenocide. "
Hm you mean like get a map straight from the original UFO and play it FPS style? I made a converter like that. It made fine 3D maps from the UFO isometic maps, but it was not optimized to run well under HL. Mainly because UFO creators didn't think in real 3D and they were tied to that "tile" engine and the tile object limits. So I just used them to create exact matches of the stuff in game and then optimize them to HL by hand.
However it is possible to create such game as you mentioned above. BTW It is kinda easy. I could actually beef up the original UFO with FPS real time tactical combat, on the map UFO generated but that would go into the exe code. Not tooooo deeply thou but it would. It is a question of AI and map compile time. Maybe after the MOD is done and if I really have nothing to do at all, I'll start to create such thing. However if the mod is done then it would be very easy to make that addition. Or even better you can switch between real time 1st person and turn based 3rd person, all in fully 3D enviroment. The more I think of this the easier it gets. Only we need the source code of the UFO and we can make it look like a 21st century game. If lets see Red Faction allowed modding then you could wreak havoc and demolish the buildings. HL just won't work too well for this. Epoly would go sky-high. Edited by Micah

[quote name='Pendra37' date='Oct 3 2003, 12:40 AM']PS.: I still think that taking lasthopemod.net and lasthopemod.org  domains was a very dirty trick. Vultures do such thing not gentlemen. RESPECT![/quote]
:huh?: Someone know what he is talking about?

Who was he making the accusations to?

He does bring up a valid point about making xeno into first person, It would be fun. Especially with all the new stuff we will add v2.

Speaking of xenocide, when is the next alpha getting released?