XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Last Hope News

Gurluas2000

i found a beta of x-com lasthope...
its kept by vico... if we pay 50 $ he will give it to us...
im currently looking for another beta thats for free

vico gave it to us...finally...
thanks to vico and vej here it is...
[url="http://rapidshare.de/files/8995604/lasthope-1.exe.html"]Lasthopemod[/url] Edited by Gurluas2000

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='j'ordos' date='Nov 6 2005, 04:55 PM']OK, if that's what you meant, I concur :)
[right][post="138942"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Except that Last Hope would be a half-life mod, so it'd be FPS instead of TBS :) I'd like to have a FPS version of X-Com (*sniff* Alliance *sniff*)

• 1 month later...
Ok. In less than 10 minutes you'll have your copy of X-COM: Last Hope for Half Life, brace yourselves.

-Vico Surge

BRACE YOURSELVES! LOCK YOUR DAUGHTERS, TELL YOUR MOM, YOUR DAD, YOUR SON, YOUR NEPHEW, YOUR COUSIN, THE NEIGHBOR, CLOSE DOWN WINDOWS AND DOOR, LOCK UP THE DOG, DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE, KICK YOUR GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND OUT, BE ALONE IN YOUR DAMN ROOM BECAUSE AFTER A YEAR OR MORE AFTER THE BETA APPEARED IT WILL BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. REMEMBER PEOPLE TOOK THEIR TIME TO CONSTRUCT THIS SO DON'T STEAL shuckeroonies OR I'LL BE SURE TO HUNT YOU TO THE END OF THE EARTH.

NOW...

[url="http://rapidshare.de/files/8995604/lasthope-1.exe.html"]LINK TO THE MOD[/url]

-Vico Surge Edited by Azrael

Calma carnal que asi hablo yo. Nadie me puede quitar lo que por derecho es mio como Mexicano... el maldecir :P

Why is it an exe file... don't ask me. They made it like that so it unpacks in a folder and when you load Half Life it SHOULD work but we never got to test it with Steam so it's free for all. If you find any bugs then you are seriously and properly you-know-what-cuz-forum-won't-let-me-curse

-Vico Surge

[quote name='Vico_Surge' date='Dec 11 2005, 04:49 PM']Calma carnal que asi hablo yo. Nadie me puede quitar lo que por derecho es mio como Mexicano... el maldecir  :P[/quote]
Please don't speak in spanish here, not everyone can understand you if you do.

[quote]Why is it an exe file... don't ask me. They made it like that so it unpacks in a folder and when you load Half Life it SHOULD work but we never got to test it with Steam so it's free for all. If you find any bugs then you are seriously and properly you-know-what-cuz-forum-won't-let-me-curse

-Vico Surge
[right][post="141710"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Steam? I thought Last-Hope was a Half-Life 1 mod?

It is but remember you have to download Steam and the lastest version of Half Life, which at the time was 1.1.1.0, to be able to play online. I don't know if they ever tried it using Steam but playing it with that version of Half-Life should work ok. Just don't bang the thing too much and don't change any of the codes. It's pretty erratic and seriously laggy at some points.

-Vico Surge

After discussing this with Vico, yes :) this is the mod we've worked on - in the end the HL1 project more or less waved of death seeing as all our coders mysteriously vanished, and well - we could make tons of maps and models and such - but without adding more code its limited how far we could go.

As for the mod, it does include some fancy things (maps have the same feel as the old Xcom :) ) like flying armors, sectoids ect.

Vico was kind enough to ask me :) if it was okay to release it to the public, seeing as our current "remake" so to say (Borealisproject) will be aimed at a newer system (mainly because we got several coders), namely the hl2 engine, i see no reason why we cant release the hl1 edition as its not likely to be continued.

-Vej

:) i never left the scene!
Aye, its been quite a bit of years (even longer for us makers who's been there from the start!) of producing, and quite some delays :) but though its still earlie beta, we wanted to give the people just a taste of the work.
Of course :) with a little luck, this will spike some interest for the "continuation" over at the borealis project (think i said it in the other thread, borealis project is not the new mod name :) but the group name, mod will still be Last Hope.).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Azrael
[quote name='TimberDragon' date='Mar 12 2006, 03:37 PM']What do you mean it doesn't exist?

Last Hope 2 is already in production and has been for a while now.
[right][post="148364"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Has it been released? no, then it doesn't exist (as there is not even screenshots of it)
And Last Hope 1 was in production for a long while too and was never completed. Edited by Azrael

Guest Azrael
[quote name='TimberDragon' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:00 PM'][attachment=8603:attachment]

Enjoy.
[right][post="148384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Good to know it's still going, but LH1 looked more impressive.

I guess its a bit of a grey area, because the new one is not really called Last Hope 2, i just call it that to make sure there is no confusion between the two.

The Half Life - Last Hope Package is finished as a mod for HL1, but the production continues as a mod for Half Life 2,
What was almost impossible for us to achieve has been made easier then ever in the new game. There was many coding Issues that just could not be over come using Half Life 1.

But the good thing is that a lot of the ship maps and stuff port over just fine and with new Hi-res textures they look much better then they ever did before. All the weapons will be re-modelled, as even my own skills have come a long way since i first made them (The ones i made anyway).

So i dont think it will be long before there is a playable demo of the new Mod :)

• 1 year later...

Nothing new there kafros. Those images were from last year. :P

- Zombie

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...