XCOMUFO & Xenocide

CTD - Alien Infiltration

Sinscale17

Okey this is what I come up with so far

Alien Infiltration

The Aliens seems to be better organized that we first believed and the threat does not stops at an military level but also at an political level as well. It now seems that the Aliens has some form of Intelligence Agency of their own that performs espionage, contra espionage, sabotage and infiltration but first now can we see the how they perform these mission. They seem to use small units alien teams that is able to manipulate and control humans to perform their dirty deeds without getting any attention from the authorities. The prime mission seems to be what we simply call Alien Infiltration and this can also be the single biggest threat to our organization as it strikes us at an different level where we are much weaker and less able to defend our selves. As with any military organization there are always politicians at the absolute top of the organization and they seem to be our weakest link as they do not live in our bases and they are outside our military hierarchy so our military chief cannot touch or order them what to do. Politicians as usual has many interests at the same time and they are always looking for a good deal with the following good PR, this make them easy victims of Alien Infiltration. The Aliens seem to have a good look in to our world political system and they track certain politicians with more important duties at their hands most often those who work with military and defense questions. Once they have isolated one of them they start to track and follow this person until the moment is right to act, normally this is done by getting close enough to use mind control or they use a ?puppet? to more or less bribe the politician with various gifts(often political advantages in the future)or simply by using money. A Puppet is a human under control by the alien Intelligence Agency and are often used to approach more important victims as high ranking politicians are hard to approach with their bodyguards often close by. Political advantages are often a way of saying more power in the future when the aliens has taken control over the humans and need a puppet government to rule the world but it can also be other gifts such as local ?peace treaties? with the aliens that gives good PR to the involved politician.

Even though politicians under alien control is bad they do not stop there as they also infiltrate the commercial sector as well, international defense industries for instance are a prime target but energy related companies are experiencing a great deal of Alien Infiltration as well.

We can see that the biggest threat lies in the third world countries that are often weaker and more political chaotic. Here they can achieve much more success and might even take over whole countries with armies and all. If they would gain control over a country like North Korea that has a Nuclear arsenal we would stand before a completely new threat.

There is also the economical factor that cannot be ignored, if they can manipulate enough politicians around the world to work for reduced fundings for X-Corps we will stand in front of another severe problem. Still this is apparently not a top priority amongst the aliens so far but the risk is overwhelming that they will try it in the near future.

We must learn more about this to battle it as we cannot fight both the aliens and ourselves at the same time but there is hope at the same time as it seem that Alien PSI link with their victim are not that strong and once severed the human becomes normal again within a few days. Still we need a more effective way of preventing this in the future so we can concentrate on our military operations.

Okey this is what I come up with so far

Alien Infiltration

The Aliens seems to be better organized than we first believed and the threat does not stops at an military level but also extends to political levels as well. It now seems that the Aliens have some form of Intelligence Agency of their own that performs espionage, contra/counter? espionage, sabotage and infiltration. but first now can we see the how they perform these mission. They appear to use small units alien teams that are able to manipulate and control humans to perform their dirty deeds without getting any attention from the authorities. The prime mission seems to be what we simply call Alien Infiltration and this can also be the single biggest threat to our organization as it strikes us at an different level where we are much weaker and less able to defend our selves more vulnerable. As with any military organization there are always politicians at the absolute top of the organization and they seem to be our weakest link as they do not live in our bases and they are outside our military hierarchy so our military chief cannot touch or order them what to do.(Simplify this sentence) Politicians, as usual have many interests at the same time and they are always looking for a good deal with the following good PR, this make them easy victims of Alien Influence. The Aliens seem to have a good look in to our world political system and they track certain politicians with more important duties at their hands most often those who work with military and defense questions. Once they have isolated one of them they start to track and follow this person until the moment is right to act, normally this is done by getting close enough to use mind control or they use a ?puppet? to more or less bribe the politician with various gifts(often political advantages in the future)or simply by using money(Aliens using money?) . A Puppet is a human under control by the alien Intelligence Agency and are often used to approach more important victims as high ranking politicians are hard to approach with their bodyguards often close by. Political advantages are often a way of saying more power in the future when the aliens has taken control over the humans and need a puppet government to rule the world but it can also be other gifts such as local ?peace treaties? with the aliens that gives good PR to the involved politician.

Even though politicians under alien control is bad they do not stop there as they also infiltrate the commercial sector as well, international defense industries for instance are a prime target but energy related companies are experiencing a great deal of Alien Infiltration as well.

We can see that the biggest threat lies in the third world countries that are often weaker and more politically chaotic. Here they can achieve much more success and might even take over whole countries with armies and all. If they would gain control over a country like North Korea(best not to isolate a country) that has a Nuclear arsenal we would stand before a completely new threat.

There is also the economical factor that cannot be ignored, if they can manipulate enough politicians around the world to work for reduced fundings for X-Corps we will stand in front of another severe problem. Still this is apparently not a top priority amongst the aliens so far but the risk is overwhelming that they will try it in the near future.

We must learn more about this to battle it as we cannot fight both the aliens and ourselves at the same time but there is hope at the same time as it seem that Alien PSI link with their victim are not that strong and once severed the human becomes normal again within a few days. Still we need a more effective way of preventing this in the future so we can concentrate on our military operations.

RS's WORK BENCH

Alien Infiltration

X-Net://Pegasus.net/Alien/Research/Alien_Infiltration

The Aliens seem better organized than we first believed and the threat does not stop at an military level but also extends to political levels as well. It now seems the Aliens have some form of Intelligence Agency of their own that performs espionage, contra/counter? espionage, sabotage and infiltration. They appear to use small teams that are able to manipulate and control humans to perform their dirty deeds without getting any attention from the authorities.

-Dirty deeds sounds too Austin powers, maybe something like "chaos" or "missions"

The prime mission seems to be what we simply call Alien Infiltration and this can also be the single biggest threat to our organization as it strikes us at an different level where we are much more vulnerable. As with any military organization there are always politicians at the absolute top of the organization and they seem to be our weakest link as they live outside our bases and military hierarchy. Politicians, as usual have many interests at the same time and they are always looking for a good deal with the following good PR, this make them easy victims of Alien Influence.

-I've simplified the sentence and made some corrections feel free to use

-"Seems" make it more definite, "We've discovered" not "It seems we've discovered"

The Aliens seem to have a good look into our world political system and they track certain politicians with more important duties at their hands most often those who work with military and defense questions. Once they have isolated one of them they start to track and follow this person until the moment is right to act, normally this is done by getting close enough to use mind control or they use a ?puppet? to more or less bribe the politician with various gifts(often political advantages in the future)or simply by using money. A Puppet is a human under control by the alien Intelligence Agency and are often used to approach more important victims as high ranking politicians are hard to approach with their bodyguards often close by. Political advantages are often a way of saying more power in the future when the aliens has taken control over the humans and need a puppet government to rule the world but it can also be other gifts such as local ?peace treaties? with the aliens that gives good PR to the involved politician.

-I don't like the idea of aliens using money in any form to achieve their goals, they're more forceful in their tactics :)

-How do they track their target? I mean a grey wearing an trench coat might look strange

We can see that the biggest threat lies in the third world countries that are often weaker and more politically chaotic. Here they can achieve much more success and might even take over whole countries with armies and all. If they would gain control over a country with Nuclear capability we would stand before a completely new threat.

-I like this point of view "X-Corps could get nuked" not mentioning a country gives it more of a it could come from anywhere feel.

*FLUFF*

Ok I've cleaned it up a bit, added some comments and suggestions for phasing the text. Overall you have some great ideas there. Please feel free to take these suggestions and run with them. I look forward to reading future versions. :)

Edited by RustedSoul

• 1 month later...

Since this CT is centred around dealings with entire countries and affects only the funding of X-corp I would like to suggest a few ideas that I think would fit better with the subject matter:

There's a good few references to all things military. The infiltration missions in my mind are primarily diplomatic and espionage missions and wouldn't really engage a countries military. As far as I know X-corp isn't about to send in a 20 man squad to take on an entire country (although I like the idea of xcom-apocalypse style raids). And although the fear of nuclear attack part is inspirational (nice idea mate ^_^ ) we should remember x-corp bases are located in countries which would retaliate to such an attack. Just imagine what would happen to a little country like N. Korea if it launched even a single nuclear missile at Russia or the USA. Since the only effect will be for a country to withdraw funding then IMO this aspect should be dropped.

Secondly, I like the idea of political leaders being bribed, but not with money. They would certainly sign a contract for things like alien technology or a promise of power once Earth has been invaded. Just think of all the things those greedy, dirty politicians have done throughout history. If they think they can better their own position and that of their country then I'm sure they would qquite happily sign a deal with the devil himself. Just think Saruman from Lord of the Rings.

Thirdly, I agree they are more likely to target a small politically chaotic country but does that match with the game logic? I don't know myself but I'll try to find out and tell you.

Finally, IMO the PSI mind control aspect should be downgraded a bit, after all the target country is signing a deal, apparently volantarily and the whole parliment or congress or whatever would have to agree (with the exception of dictatorships).

Hope this is helpful to you :)

• 1 month later...