XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Vector Over Geoscape

samsamsam

I will put here some vector graphics ilustrating the "TERROR SITE", and stuff like that, all the "icons" requeried to the geoscape, interceptor, landed ufo ,etc.

Ill try to install Xenocide to use some images to illustrate both together, and ill post the info in an hour or two.thanks

SAM

:boohoo:

Thanks Sam, we look forward to seeing your concepts. If anybody else has already made some items like these symbols, just post them in here for 1 stop shopping.

Well, here it is the ideia for the icones comparing the old version with xenocide.

Id prefer a blue pallet on the xenocide screen so its there, but its photoshop not the xenocide3, and the icones are supposed to be animated.Latter on ill do the animations in flash for preview and post them here as well.

SAM

post-29-1067632959_thumb.jpg

These icons seem awfully large to me, and if all those lines around a base rotate all the time I don't think I can look at a map with 5 bases and 2 alien bases for longer than 3 minutes :wacko:

I can't tell what you mean with animation though, maybe you meant something different, so I'll wait with commenting until you have them finished.

Whoa, they're enromous. Sam, youneed to change your screen resolution to 800x600 as that's the res the game runs in and you'll see they're too large.

Also what's happenend to the beautiful colouration of the earth. It looks like its been bled dry.

The actual icons are ok but need to be at least 50% smaller. Also we won't need the text telling a player what an icon is as it'll be in the manual :)

Just a user opinion: why if the interceptor icon looks like an interceptor, then the base icon looks like yo-yo?

Also, why that yellow cross has a perspective? because it lays on the edge? i doubt it would be that visible on the globe though...

as usually, my pleasure to comment :)

I would suggest keeping a uniformity in the icons. There isn;t any real reason or need to have a completely different icon to diferentiate between a friendly and enemy base, just have one red and the other blue.

Maybe do a search for military map symbols and base your stuff off that.

any chances of the bases / craft showing a circle around them to represent sensor range like in x-com interceptor?

and yes, it is too big, but the concept's nice. should different craft types have different icons or is it simpler to have one icon for them all (like in x-com1)?

just some random thoughts there.

Well, one at the time.

Deimos, hi, the blue pallete is a layer from the photoshop, to make a blue/green contrast , ( just as im making concepts of alien "orange" world ) and the icons are too big i know, but thats the easy part; as for the text over it was to people to know what it is, not in game, but... ( by the way deimos i cant run xenocide3, can you send me screenshots of the geoscape in various positions ? thanks !) ...

...Jim as a point, tips on top of icons, like mouse over in flash, should be a good choise...for a tuturial or something...

...mamutas, the yo-yo thing is to be animated, you just see all the lines now, its to be fade in, and fade out kind of thing, and the ideia is to contrast the realism of the geoscpase with vectors, making diferent ones for each ship, base and event.

Drewind, i agree on the colors to be strong for quick understanding of the event, and for last, vaaish, i also agree on geeping the icons uniform to each other, but i desagree to have xcom base and alien base equal.

Well, tomorow, or late today ill post the animations in flash, or gif animated, for members to see whats the plan.

And, as i asked deimos, i need screenshots of the gesocape, the actual version,came someone send to me to edit on flash?

Thanks

SAM

mamutas, im asking you guys to send me screenshots because i havent got

a decent video card to run the xenocide3...

And i need screenshots to compose them either in photoshop or flash, in this case it will be flash for the animations to have a background image.

By the way anyone as a 3D image of an alien craft shot down?

im thinking into doing the screenshots when you click on top of geoscape events,

such as craft down, terror site, alien base, xcom base and stuff.

I anyone has something for me to compose in photoshop im glad to help.

thanks

SAM

The screenshots on the home page of the site are at normal resolution, so they are the same as you'd get from someone sending you a screenshot while running the alpha.