XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Accounts

Guest Jim69

Very true, I'll delete the unnecessary btn's. Is there a specific wording that has been used 4 the btn's so far, like OK instead of Start etc. Sayin that I'll take a little look l8r just a little tired at the mo so I really gtg to sleep soon.

Edit: Couldn't sleep anyway. Here's a slightly better 1 ( sorry bout the white box below, I'll get rid of it a little l8r. )

post-42-1063136956_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim69

Moved things round a little so they look a little more organised.

Umm, too much space between controls in my opinion.

Also, don't worry about a dialog without controls. You will be contacted for exact set of images when we will start coding it.

OK no worries, half the space between them should do it? Seemed to look better to me with the bars lining up. I can change it back to the last one if u want but it seems there is a big open space that drew my eye every time I looked at it, really looked like something was missing.

Hey Jim, I think that last one looked pretty good, having a little space between them helps prevent clicking on the wrong button, but maybe a little less space would be good. What do you think about the single column version I mentioned before? You wouldn't have to worry about lining up the buttons then.

Certainly worth a try, I think u r probably right about the clicking wrong button I do it all the time. That's the one problem I would say about the X in the corner, it is very small and I personally am very lazy when it comes 2 this kind of thing, preferring not to have to move the mouse in a precision way unless I have to. Could just be my lazyness :)

That's probably why the "ESC" button will be usable for the same effect ^_^ , even though I tend to play mouse-driven games entirely with the mouse, using my other hand for eating chips or something like that, so I'll probably keep clicking that "x" :rolleyes:

But about clicking wrong, it's better to have some space between them than some kind of 'double checking box', especially one you can't turn off. That tends to get annoying over time: [cancel]=>"are you sure yes/no?"=>[no] damnit I meant "yes" :angry: =>again [cancel]=> "are you sure yes/no" => [yes]. After cancelling 10 times you're ready to whack your monitor of your desk :cussing:

Hey, there's one thing that needs to be created, I don't think it already has and if it hasn't then I'll make one, but we need a selected list item graphic that goes behind the text in the list box. AFAIK this is the only way I can think of showing which account has been selected or peeps just ain't gonna know which one they are using. This could be done with text colour I suppose but I'd prefer a more obvious selected sign.

Actuallyj'ordos the "are you sure" confirmation would only be for the delete button, as the others don't do something permanently. If you mis-click one of them you cna go back and try again. Jim, I'd suggest making a brighter/more opaque green background to highlight the selected item, that would be pretty standard I think.

Well, I am not sure I particuarly like it all down one coloumn but I'll post it anyway, a little choice never hurt anyone. Here y'a

Edit: I think I would like it more if the account name and etc. were at the bottom and the selection part is at the top, but if noone wants it in a coloumn in the first place then I'll change it ( and coz I am lazy, can't be arsed 2 do it yet :) )

post-42-1063243780_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim69

Try reversing the position of the existing accounts and the create account options, however I'm torn as to which is the fluid and logical order for tehse options.

I think the current flow has a slight edge, as you're required to make an account when you first start playing. IIRC BF1942 has the list across the top, and you have 3 buttons underneath going left to right: Create, Delete, and Use. When you click Create, a new line is highlighted in the list and you get a blinking cursor to type your name in. For this application, you could also have a combo box on the right side of that text entry for picking your language. Once you've typed in your name or clicked on an existing one, you click Use to close the window and use that profile. Clicking Delete bring up the confirmation of course. The 3 buttons are seperated enough to prevent accidental clicks, but the space looks good. I'll try drawing up a sample layout.

Using the wonders of cut/paste and scaling (and the combo box would blend in better of course). Edit: the select button should actually say 'Use' for clarity I think:

menu.jpg

Edited by Breunor

Could one delete several accounts at once? Either by drawing a selection box, or with the or buttons and a mouse click,...

Although that won't be needed much here, but it could come in handy in the buy/sell screen for example, select the items you want to sell at once (shift/control - mouseclick would work best I guess)