XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Logo

meodai

Hy.

I have made a logo for ufo2000. Do you like it?

http://www.meodai.ch/data/xcom/ufo2000_big.png

You can download it as PDF and rezise without any quality loss... (its a vector file)

I have also ripped the tracks of the PSX version of Enemy unknown! There are great! An option to choose your music durig the game and in the different menus would be nive.

Actually i play them in winamp when i play.

Try it ;)

-Music Removed- (track 4 & 10 are my favorites)

is it possible to make my own intro & menu screen ?

thx for giving me a feedback

Edited by Kratos

It's nice, but UFO2000 already has a logo...

Yeah i know but i dont like it. What is this beast in the "o" ? It look guy with dreadlocks to me...

but Thx for the info... what about the tracks? Can i integrate them in to the game?

Edited by meodai

Yeah i know but i dont like it. What is this beast in the "o" ? It look guy with dreadlocks to me...

but Thx for the info... what about the tracks? Can i integrate them in to the game?

No copyrighted material is to be bundled with the game unless permission is obtained from its original authors/copyright holder.

Edited by Sporb

No copyrighted material is to be bundled with the game unless permission is obtained from its original authors/copyright holder.

are you talking about the logo or the music? Beacause the logo is just inspired by the original game graphics, this is not illegal...

...and for the tracks i just ask for the option to choose your own sound for the different game menus and screen. I dont want to embed the tracks in the original download package... I just would be a nive option...

I own the PSX version so it is not illigal to use them...

@Blood Angel: thx

Edited by meodai

It looks like a pic of the regular powersuit guy, with some heavy filter applied.

It looks good, but I think it's very much because the original graphics were so good?

are you talking about the logo or the music? Beacause the logo is just inspired by the original game graphics, this is not illegal...

...and for the tracks i just ask for the option to choose your own sound for the different game menus and screen. I dont want to embed the tracks in the original download package... I just would be a nive option...

@Blood Angel: thx

The fact remains that those tracks are still copyright of their respective owners and not avaliable as legitimate freeware.

As for the logo, its just a slightly blurry powersuit with some other stuff around. It bearly passes as your own work as it is.

Edited by Sporb

Anybody how knows illustrator or an other Illustration programm knows that its very hard to use "filters". This is handmade!! I traced the paths by myself...

@Sporb: what is your copyright problem? You dont have to download it if you dont own the orgiginal! I have the original... So its legal for me. And nobody cares about these tracks after 10years, be realistic...

I'm in switzerland, just like my fileserver and we are used to having intelligent laws, (not like the US LOL) which means I have the right to share music i like, if i own the original...

Why focus on the illegality of these tracks... I just asked for an option to integrate own tracks in UFO2000. So anybody can listen to the music he wants to in the situation he wants to. And if i choose to listen to the original track "BEACAUSE I OWN THE CD" it is my choice. And if you just download them and use them for you personal use i promise you nobody cares anymore. I dont ask to integrate them in the original download file of ufo2000.

@bamb: your right, but it is not just looking good beacause of the powersuit, the design and the composition isnt bad.

But hey guys; you are using the original gamefiles for ufo2000, you are using a enhanced "COPY" of the game. So why are you so mad about the fact that i inspired my self on the powersuit for a logo?

If you think i am not able to create stuff, check out meodai.ch ;)

Edited by meodai

Cool jets, people. Sporb knows as well as I do that the laws of the USA are stupid, along with the relevant laws of the UK and New Zealand, where he and I live respectively.

However, you know who does care about those laws?

The people who'd arrest us and shut down this project if we explicitly breached copyright, which is still in place ten years after the original, and will be for another 85.

I can tell that the logo is your own work. However, for several years now, the focus of UFO2000 has been moving away from dependency on the proprietary data. To this date, three mapsets have been made for the project, along with a handful of custom units and interface graphics, so that for the first time since the project's inception, it is capable of being run standalone, a landmark we are all very proud of.

Sporb fears, just as I do, that you are in danger of sailing too far to the proprietary winds. You are clearly bloody talented, and really should join the art team.

Cool jets, people. Sporb knows as well as I do that the laws of the USA are stupid, along with the relevant laws of the UK and New Zealand, where he and I live respectively.

Kia Ora. thanks for the heads up, and the offer. Fantastic that the world of the web brings all together, esp those who come from the long white cloud.

I like this dependency aspect. But i am so in love with the original graphics that i am verrrrrrrrry critical about selfmade graphics in the game :) I am very nostalgic, this is why its so hard for me to play with "selfmade" graphic sets. I own the game (the PC, the psx as well the amiga version), so i can legaly play with the original graphics. But its nice that someone who dosent own the game can still play the game. Good job!

But i would really like to remake the logo, the menu interface and i have other graphical ideas which would enhace the global aspect of the game a little bit.

I like the third one from the bottom. I think we could replace the old logo with that.

Thx! But i think the 2000 is to small compared to the ufo.... i gonna work a little more on the this version...

my personal favorit first one

Edited by meodai

Guest Azrael

May I suggest using a font that does not resemble that much to the UFO: After**** series logo font?

IMO, the current logo is fine, I love that strange looking Alien, gives the logo an overall eerie feeling, at least to me.

May I suggest using a font that does not resemble that much to the UFO: After**** series logo font?

IMO, the current logo is fine, I love that strange looking Alien, gives the logo an overall eerie feeling, at least to me.

please no insults ;)

http://www.ufo-aftershock.com/design/display/logo_ufoas.gif

But the after**** logo is really bad... No unified spaces, ugly font etc...

I tried to connect all letters, to get a symbol out of them.. I think the concept is better then to use a alien head as "O" like ufo after... :)

and its true that the actual one looks verrrry similar to the original UFO logo, i have the box right in front of me ;)

Actually I think we should... the old logo is awkwardly similar to the original UFO logo. It's misguiding people! Making them think UFO2000 has got something to do with UFO.

can you tell me what size and colors you need?

Black and white and vector format.

An alien? I thought the silhouetted shape was supposed to represent the head of a soldier wearing standard armour..You need imagination to be able to see it I guess. Another reason why the logo sucks... Not to mention it's a direct visual reference to X-Com, not really better than the power armour thing in any respect. Edited by nappes

An alien? I thought the silhouetted shape was supposed to represent the head of a soldier wearing standard armour..You need imagination to be able to see it I guess. Another reason why the logo sucks... Not to mention it's a direct visual reference to X-Com, not really better than the power armour thing in any respect.

ok i understand :) what format do you need? is an EPS ok for you?

ok i have the EPS. Please send me an e-mail at meodai .ät. gmail .döt. com

Dont you think we should take the 2000 horizontaly in the center of "O" ?

Its not so recommendet to place a font in a other font when you create a logo... visualy spoken...

i do like the idea of a new icon for ufo2k, In the long run possibly a new name also for similar reasons.

I say we open a new topic and post entries for the logo, the public can vote on the ones they like.

This way we can garner a larger number of concepts and develop em further.

Guest Azrael

An alien? I thought the silhouetted shape was supposed to represent the head of a soldier wearing standard armour..You need imagination to be able to see it I guess. Another reason why the logo sucks... Not to mention it's a direct visual reference to X-Com, not really better than the power armour thing in any respect.

That's a soldier? :huh:

Anyhow, I don't see what's wrong with the "direct visual reference to X-Com", UFO2000 exists because of X-Com and is aimed towards an audience composed mainly by X-Com players, so I think a visual reference fits.

The "2000", however... :P

i do like the idea of a new icon for ufo2k, In the long run possibly a new name also for similar reasons.

I say we open a new topic and post entries for the logo, the public can vote on the ones they like.

This way we can garner a larger number of concepts and develop em further.

i think that a name change is not good.. Ufo2000 is ok.

But i think its a good idea to make a vote for a new logo...

• 3 months later...

I removed the PSX Xcom music link for legal reasons. Or was there some tracks in there yours?

This holds true for you, not everyone on these forums. ;)

• 9 months later...
I removed the PSX Xcom music link for legal reasons. Or was there some tracks in there yours?

This holds true for you, not everyone on these forums. ;)

its ok