XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-Com remakes

Ron Wood

I just downloaded Ufo: The Two Sides x-com 1 remake and was surprised how good it was. Played 1 ( game ) month with it and it has very nice tactical battles. Better resolution and some redone graphics, but still in the same x-com style. Also the squad eguip screen has been improved and it remembers who had what equipment last time. Also shows soldier stats on the same screen.

It seems its 99% done. Lacking ufopedia and has some screens with only black background. So the atmosphere aint exactly like in the original. I loved to read the research reports.

So, I found out that theres quite a lot of remakes around. Any else worth trying out?

• 4 months later...

I prefer to play 'Enemy Unknown', ;-) . There r rumours about a new game, more based upon the original. I believe it will be (probably) a significant acquistion for new generations to test it. Somehow I guess the core of original players of X-com tend to play their favorite game, they r familiair with, ... A perfect game for a new kind of generation, of humans. So Im not sure to start playing it myself, when it will be released. Im at the age of 50 and its up to new generations to save the Earth, ;-)

I'm trying to save Earth with 'Enemy Unknown' at beginnerslvl, started somewhere begin spring 2011. Im now in May 1999, ...

It seems I can't save the world alone, ...

Even from a different point of view to Earth, see attachment, ; -) .

post-34163-1326024177_thumb.png

Edited by Gustarx

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...