XCOMUFO & Xenocide

If, for example, you were to patrol a certain area, wouldn't it make more sense to actualy PATROL instead of just hanging there in the same spot?

I think that the ability to assign several waypoints to a craft would be a neat feature, especially if some sort of "Aliens-chasing-and-shooting-down-X-Com-aircraft" feature will be implemented. You could go around some alien base in order to avoid your craft being pursued/shot down, or just zig-zag some area to increase the chances of discovering an alien base/craft.

Guest Azrael

Because patrolling is moving moving around an area.

pa·trol Audio pronunciation of "patrol" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (p-trl)

n.

1. The act of moving about an area especially by an authorized and trained person or group, for purposes of observation, inspection, or security.

I guess you could say the ship is moving, but within an area so small that it doesn't show as movement on the geoscape. But I strongly agree with you, I think the patrolling option must allow the ship to move around defined waypoints, otherwise patrolling is not really patrolling, and not nearly as useful as it could be. This is a good idea.

edit: now that I think about it, the "patrol" option in the X-Com games should have been named "Sentry", which I guess can be useful in its own way, maybe we could have both for Xenocide V1+?

Edited by Azrael