XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New System For Aircraft

I have just been introduced to the delights of Space Empires 4, and I was wondering if it was possible to transfer certain aspects of that game into a future version of xenocide. This system is quite easy to understand. Each craft has a specific capacity for anything. For example 100 units. Then, every weapon has a mass, and to balance the game the more powerful weapons have a larger mass to limit the number that can be carried. Therefore the problem of various weapons is eliminated. Also, as the craft takes damage, the weapons have a chance of being damaged. This is because the craft's capacity is not the only thing measured by this system, so is its damage. To limit all capacity being used for weapons, certain items could be necessary for the craft to function, such as engines and so forth. So, in an attack on a UFO, the craft could be 50% damaged, which not only limits its further damage capacity, but its speed and its armaments too. Also, certain modules could carry troops, thereby giving the capability to all craft. Finally, this could be tied in with staged research as each module could be upgraded several times to give additional benefits or lower mass etc.

Oh yeah, SEIV is another one of those killer games that get you hooked on indefinitely... And just when I thought I was clear, BAM! Starfury comes out... :happybanana:

I agree that customising crafts would be great, but it might be limited in XCOM. After all, what works great for million tons capital ships comes to their limits in fighters... On the other hand, I'd like to equip my tanks/hovertanks this way... :devillaugh: