XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-Com Genesis

Well, I just contacted the guy that was the head of the development team while Hasbro Interactive owned the X-com game and was developing Genesis. I asked if he had any advice and he couldn't think of anything really great to say, but based on my enthusiasm over Genesis he said he's gonna try to upload a cd worth of concept art from Genesis to his website. If he does I'll make sure to post the website (i would do it now, but there isn't anything there worth seeing yet)

I also contacted the lead animator from Genesis to see what wisdom he could bestow upon me. Still waiting to hear back on that one.

For those who don't know, genesis was a remake of x-com 1 (though it was rumored to be real-time only) and also like a parallel storyline, not a complete remake. Anyway, here is a screenshot from the game.

xcom1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey if they Remade x-com 1 would we even be here? I know I would. 1 remake of x-com isnt enough to keep me happy. For some reason I still chuckle when I fire a blasterbomb into a small small and Everything is dead or going to die very very shortly. Eather way Im glad that whatever happens it will be remade

Bij

I only wish there was some good way to revitalize the fallen Genesis project, but there's not much we can do short of whining about it, save taking to the streets in active protest. Ahem. You see, guys--this is why we must help make Xenocide rock. Screw Atari or whoever they are. Er, feel free to edit that part out. (cough)