(There is already a topic in X-Com General forum, but i think this would be better place to post information and updates).
Basically, this project is a faithful remake of UFO Enemy Unknown. It has single player (as humans or aliens) and multiplayer mode.
In multiplayer mode, you play whole campaign (unlike Ufo 2000 where you play only battles).
- Rebalanced and reworked tactical combat. Its no longer as much luck based as it was. Its more about tactics, positions and using some of the previously not popular items (smoke screen for example will be more useful)
- Extended research time for both sides. Earth weapons are no longer useful only for the first week or two of the game. Developing technologies in a smart and planned way counts!
- Reworked air combat making it possible to engage 4 vs 4 crafts at a time. Also, air battle is now determined not only by range of weapons, but also by speed of the craft. Even if you equip large distance weapons, you cannot hold enemy crafts away for infinite time.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Small, yet interesting changes to races, mostly to give them more combat flavour, instead of just ufopedia flavor. Remember reading Celatid's description? Their flavor text mentioned they can detect human brain waves. Celatids in Ufo: TTS will also! Making them act like a radar for Muton soldiers.
- Alien ranks gain more meaning. Medic will finally be able to help his mates.
- Game works on XP and VISTA (of the tested systems. Might work on other windows familiy systems)
Status of this project:
Currently our team is remaking tiles for battlescape. When there will be enough graphics, we will release demo version.