XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Where Can I Permanently Change Armor Values?

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to X-Com, just downloaded it from *location removed* less than a week ago (huzzah for abandonware). I've got some modding experience, and have already changed a bunch of the weapons' values to make things more balanced. I'm looking to tweak the armor bonuses that different types of armor give, but I have no idea where to find that. I know there are armor values listed in unitref.dat, but that seems to only apply to a single unit at a time. Is this hidden somewhere in the ufo.exe?

By the way, I've got the collector's edition with xcomutil installed, and I edit files using the "edit" program in Windows. If someone could just tell me where the values are (or how to find them) then I'd really appreciate it; the location of the values would be more useful to me than an editor that does everything automatically.

[Edit by Zombie: link removed].

Edited by Zombie

Ask and you shall receive. It just so happened I cracked them out a couple weeks ago. See this topic in the StrategyCore forums for more information. If you need any help, let me know. :)

- Zombie

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks a million! :)

I see the reference to where I got it was removed. While I certainly can respect the general policy of not posting links to places where you can download software, isn't X-Com in the public domain now? Is there somebody I should have paid for my copy?

You are very welcome. :)

The licence for the rights to X-COM is still held and therefore it is not considered abandonware. You may download copies as you see fit, but don't mention where you got them as these forums could be in a world of hurts if the company decides to press charges. :wink1:

- Zombie

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. If I ever see it for sale someplace, I'll buy it. I suppose I could just mail the original price to Infogrames' desolate mailbox out in front of an abandoned warehouse full of punchcards and vaccuum tubes, but after adjusting for inflation it would probably cost enough to bankrupt a small country. :)