XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcomutil 9.3

BladeFireLight

Xcomutil 9.3

This swis amry knife util does so mutch it is scarry..

Designed to make the game more interesting

Things like:

auto equiping based on what you had at the last combat.

auto combat for thoes anoying bug hunts

Captured alines required for research (my favorite)

auto MC skill screening..

and mutch more

-Blade FireLight

Guest stewart
Yep, I've got it too. I also have an older version of it (6.3 I think). Back then it had a feature called "FIX" which fixed the difficulty level bug and the disjoint base bug. A patch has come out to deal with these bugs but I'm not sure if it will work on my "special" version of xcom, so I keep the old xcomutil for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a problem when installing it for tftd CE: when I run xcusetup it says it can't find xcom2?? It worked on my other comp...

EDIT : darn, stjones has left already... He was online when I posted it :rolleyes:

Edited by j'ordos

I have a problem when installing it for tftd CE: when I run xcusetup it says it can't find xcom2?? It worked on my other comp...

EDIT : darn, stjones has left already... He was online when I posted it :rolleyes:

I really don't know how this can happen unless you typed the wrong directory for files to create a hybrid game, since there is no mention of xcom2 in XcuSetup.bat. The first question I have to ask when people report different actions on different machines is what operating systems they are running on each machine. If you can delete the first line of XcuSetup.bat, "@echo off", you can run it again an see exactly where it failed. Finally,since there is currently a beta version of XcomUtil available from my web page, you can download it from my web page and see if that helps.

Any time a beta is available, I add a tiny "beta" link near the end of the XcomUtil Homepage to let you download it. Because of my work on Xenocide and a new version of SDUMP that I have enhanced to use at work, I have not been actively working on XcomUtil. However, this is the third bug report this week (the others were minor bugs in the beta), so I will probably spend a little time to wrap up version 9.4 and release it soon with all three fixes and the new SDUMP.

If you want SDUMP for other operating systems, the new SDUMP package contains not only the DOS version that comes with XcomUtil, but also versions for Win32, AIX, Linux, and Linux for PowerPC. I also want to add versions for both Windows and Linux on IA64 in the future.

I'm using winXP, just like on the pc where it does work. that one also gave that problem but I fixed it by a full re-install and installing the 9.3 version instead of the beta. I tried that here too, but it doesn't work with any of them... Xcom1 is running fine on both. The error message reads : xcom/tftd program not found (edit : the error is :"Error executing XCOMUTIL, XCUSETUP aborted", when pausing at the EXACT right time I managed to read this line)

last line it reads when removing @echo off (aside from the legal disclaimer) : e:\xcom\xcom2\xcomutil ufoexe shp:cfg map:cfg wrt xcusetup

also : this happens when executing xcusetup.bat for the 2nd time (for indicating which options you want to use : improved base,...) and I'm not trying to get a hybrid game.

EDIT : okay, got it working now : I copied the "tactical.exe" and "geoscape.exe" from the comp where xcom DID work (they never were created on the pc where it didn't work, probably aborted before creation of those, or deleted after failure) then I managed to run xcusetup.bat succesfully. But when I tried to run "runxcom.bat" or "runxcomW.bat" the gfx were garbled even though I set it up to load xcom with fodder's loaders and upon exiting it said "patch timed out (or something), probably because xcusetup incorrectly detected my version of xcom2 as 1.0. And it somehow managed to delete everything in the folder "MISSDAT". So I also copied "patch.dll" from my other pc and "MISSDAT" and then it finally worked. Haven't tested it completely, but it seems to aply everything correctly : I set "improved starting base" on for a quick check and the barracuda's can load soldiers and stuff...

Edited by j'ordos

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jim69

Have I done something wrong?

I installed XCOMUTIL 9.3 and used the batch file 4 XP. It showed a garbled screen. So, I thought, must not be using the patch 2 fix this, but the fix was installed with it. So, I just run the patch file that came with it, and it came up with an error ??!! ( I'll edit the post when I get home and post the error, it had something 2 do with a missing .dll ).

Has ne1 else had this problem, or is it just me and i have 2 reinstall it?

Guest Jim69
Oh right, well there are two .bat files files, one of which is 4 XP IIRC, can't remember what it is called it says in readme file, it runs the patch with the split Geoscape and Battlescape files.

Yes, but it also says :

Beginning with XcomUtil 8.3, this combined file for XCOM for Windows will

be split into GEOSCAPE and TACTICAL again, allowing all of the features to

be used.  Beginning with XcomUtil 9.3, the combined file for TFTD for

Windows will also be split into GEOSCAPE and TACTICAL again.

You mean runxcomW.bat, that one is for the CE. But I always just use runxcom.bat, works fine (I have the CE). You could try that too.

Else, delete XCOM4WIN.XCF, and run xcusetup again. Don't know if it's necessary to run it twice in order to work, but try that one too, to make sure (second time you get the options like 'improved starting base, improved tanks, all missions at night, etc...)

if that does nothing either, do a full reinstall or try the beta.

If that all won't work then I don't know and you should contact stjones then, I guess.

Edited by j'ordos

Guest Jim69

k, i'll give it a go when I get home I guess. Thanx

Edit: The patch file says that patch.dll is missing. Can someone post it if they have it?

Edit 2: Isn't that what u were missing J'Ordos?

Edited by Jim69

Yes, patch.dll was missing here too. Do you have geoscape and tactical.exe? Coz I didn't have those 2 either.

edit : attachment removed as no longer required, get xcomutil 9.4 instead

Edited by j'ordos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mr. Jones,

Maybe you remember me, i did the german translation for the other version of Xcomutil. If you need anything more translated in further versions, don't hesitate to contact me, i'll do it happily.

- Rodriguez

Edit:

And for the rest of the project, I'd do the german translation too, if people want me to do that. I know translating a game is a job not many people want, but i wouldn't be disturbed :)

Edited by Rodriguez

• 2 weeks later...

greetings to all.

i need help/suggestions to enable xcomutil options.

i recently bought ce version and was running the game on win2k utilizing xcom1fix1.exe fix (big thanx to f0dder) when i found out about Scott Jones program. it offered a great fix to that annoying problem of re-equipping soldiers (among other things). i followed the instructions and install the files. however, i run into the problem when executing runxcom.bat after answering through options for xcusetup.bat.

the error screen is

--------------------------------------

Stub exec failed:

dos4gw.exe

No such file or directory

Stub exec failed:

dos4gw.exe

No such file or directory

Unable to install Sound Driver interrupt vector

SoundBlaster not detected.

----------------------------------------

initially i used 9.3 version then the beta version, and for both the problem was the same. i vigilantly read the instructions and researched any related topics on this forum. i even followed the earlier posts from j’ordos and scott jones to no avail.

i'm hesitant to run xcomutil program lacking any knowledge of source coding. xcusetup is a fool-proof version just for me.

i’m lost and hoping that somebody can help me out.

thanx, d’arc

Greetings, everyone. I hope you all can help me out here.

I can run xcusetup for XCom 1 just fine. However, XCom 2 is the problem.

Every time I run xcusetup in TFTD, it goes as far as creating xcom4win.xcf then just closes itself. Any idea how I can get it to run properly?

It never seems to get as far as xreating geoscape.exe and tactical.exe, either. Strange.

Edited by Pallidar

Every time I run xcusetup in TFTD, it goes as far as creating xcom4win.xcf then just closes itself. Any idea how I can get it to run properly?

It never seems to get as far as xreating geoscape.exe and tactical.exe, either. Strange.

This week, two other people reported problems with the Windows version of TFTD. One reported that the game displayed version 1.0.0.1. I have been sent a copy of the executable and I will be looking at it tonight to see if I have to release a new version of XcomUtil to support it. I already have some other fixes related to XCUSETUP. Those have been available in a Beta version that can be downloaded using the tiny "beta" link near the end of my XcomUtil Homepage at XcomUtil.ScottTJones.com.

I will post more information here when I know more. Thanks for your patience.

Hey, LortT, thanks for the advise. I found the file from the DOS version of XCom. But I was celebrating too soon. After I copied the file to the directory and attempted to run runxcom file, I got “16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem” error. The message was

----------------------------

C:\WINNT\System\32\cmd.exe

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

CS:0000 IP:0075 OP:f0 00 f0 37 05

-------------------------------

Interestingly, after I closed the error box, the game started but without the sound, and the mouse was scowling mad fast even at the lowest setting. However, the utility functions did work!!! I closed the game and run it through xcomfix, and what do you know, I got both sound and normal mouse speed. Is there something that might be corrupted in the dos file I copied? i don’t have another version.

Again, are you sure you have the CE?? I know you bought it, but sometimes you get ripped off :cussing: . If your folder contains 'install', 'setup' .exe,... then you have the dos version (The CE normally shouldn't need the dos4gw executable :huh?: or run xcusetup.bat, it tells you your xcom version...

That's the problem I had too, Then I copied patch.dll, geoscape and tactical .exe from a working with xcomutil tftd version I had on the other pc. But as far as I remember it crashed as soon as I tried to assign men to my triton...

edit : get xcomutil 9.4, it should fix this issue

Edited by j'ordos

j'ordos,

yep, i got the CE version. i played the game w/out the dos4gw file with the help of f0dder nifty program until i learned about Scott Jones' one. i can still play the game w/ sound and everything using the former, but i have the problem running through runxcom.