In playing the latest Beta, which is far, far adavanced from the last version I played I have a couple suggestions:
1) It would be great if the mini-map could update as buildings are damaged.
EDIT- Ahhh...I found the in-game map on the tool bar while playing this evening. Sorry...Well done.
2) It would also be great if you could click on the mini-map and have the main map scroll to that point automatically. Most games with mini-maps do this, but I realize it may not have a high priority at this point- and may not be as easy when building a game like you are doing now.
3) It would also be great if different races had different basic stats. You could still spend your extra 70 points however you wanted but sectoids might have greater TU but less Strength or something.
4) The new weapon effects are cool, I'm really glad stray shots no longer explode on the edge of the board.
5) The default point leve of 15k seems really low now. I can barely make a team with less than 12 sectoids that has any kind of strength to it. I know this isn't that big a deal because you can change it readily, but 20k seems more reasonable given all the costs involved in adding all the extra aliens.
6) A couple times while playing Seek and Destroy my opponent and I have deployed on top of each other's heads. One of the two soldiers then appears to knocked unconscoius. Anyway of defaulting this placement to either the first or second player and placing the other soldier either beside or behind one another? Backs together would be most interesting, I think.
7) Seek and Destroy mode is Awesome. Whoever did that is one sexy bitch!
8) Anyway to deploy on other levels in the beginning? That would also help with the addition of all the new flying units.
9) Speaking of which...the chameleon with the lunarsuit should be able to fly, or at least one chameleon should be able to. (IMO- anyway)
10) Some of the new additions use points to crouch but don't appear to do it on screen- though they do seem to increase their hit percentage a very small amount...Will this be fixed? or do we just live with it? I'm aware that they were not added before because X-Com didn't have the images of anything crouching or walking except Mutons and Sectoids.
11)Don't take any of this as critisism in any way. The game has vastly improved with all the new stuff, and the new interface is also much more updated- which is nice.
12) It's a little harder to figure shots on invisible men (someone you've lost sight of) with that new curser though- The circular shape doesn't match well with the squares in the game. At least for an old fart trying to play the game. Anyway the effect could stay the same but be remade into a square?
13) Tanks? (I can guess this won't happen...but it would be really nice).
EDIT- 14) Something I forgot earlier. When designing teams I like to strip all the pre-made teams down and reduce all the soldiers to sectoids simply to get the sense of "building" a team from scratch. The problem is (unless I missed another control, which is highly possible) I have to do all this manually. It would be nice if there was a way (again, unless I missed it already) to at least strip teh weapons off the units, and secondarliy to set the skill points at their minimum to begin with. Then have the option to generate a pre-made team if you want one.
Anyway, thanks guys. I'm a long time fan of X-Com, and a longtime fan of UFO2000. All your hard, tedious, boring work is appreciated greatly, and as I said I'm only trying to throw out these thing for your consideration. No critisism intended.
Edited by Longshot, 16 August 2006 - 04:16 AM.