XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Great site

Guest George

Guest George

Glad to see XCOM still lives on the web. The links to the PS video's seem to be gone, though.

Apart from that, UFO and TFTD work under emulation in Linux ;-)

Guest stewart
It will be fun to watch it grow over the next little while. I can't get the XCOM1 manual to download? Do you have a copy of the Official strategy Guide too.

I have never gotten ahold of the official strategy guide. I've heard it's pretty worthless, mostly consisting of stats on aliens and such.

The problem with the xcom1 manual is that the file name should be xcombook.zip not .exe and you'll have to get it from the old geocities page for the moment.

http://www.geocities.com/xenocideender/xcombook.zip

-Micah

[email protected]

Guest stewart
I have a friend who owns the X-Com strategy guide.  It might be valuable if it could be used for remaking the game.

Do either of you have access to a scanner? Nudge, nudge, wink wink.

I just wanted to add my $0.02 and give kudos to this site. I came here because I was trying to run X-com v1.2 through DOS on an OS X machine running a Windows ME emulator... didn't work to well and I was looking for known patches. Now I found that the other disk I had is playable on Windows ME and now I have the editor from this site. I was expecting to find a stale page with a couple of good links. I never thought I'd find an active list!

Keep it up guys!

• 1 month later...
excellent! thanks god i found this site, finally i could run xcom ufo defense and xcom apocalypse on win2k. I still have weird graphics (lot of vertical lines), any ideas?

If anyone is interested in the TftD official guide, I got a ... lovingly used copy around the house somewhere. If anyone has any questions about it I'd be glad to answer em. Might even send it to someone if it could help out with xenocide. The guides ARE mostly just stuff with stats on EVERYTHING ... alien stats, weapon stats, ammo stats ... Also has the entire research tree, and actual stategy stuff mixed in to boot! Probly has a lot more in it too, but haven't looked in it for QUITE some time

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I played UFO1 - UFO3 years ago.

Nice to see the games are still alive!

My favorite is still UFO 2 found the (very dusty) package at the end of a sideboard :D

I am happy to play the orginal (on my ancient PII, 350 mhz, 64 megs SDRAM, dos-based WIN 98). I also tested collectors edition on my actuall PC (XP 2200+, 512 megs DDRAM, WIN XP Home). Found some small differences in the (german) text. Maybe Alien-Subs appear somewhat more often in the original too.

Very interestet to see more of the new game, peeps plan here. Good work so far!

• 1 month later...
Hey that reminds me, Micah are going to include "Alien Reproduction" in the UFOpaedia.

Alien what? Can anyone tell me what are ya talkin about? Are you planing to make it in Xenoicde or was it in one of XComs???

Help?

• 1 month later...