XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Just Had A Few Questions

Gsmack

cause I havnt seen it anywhere yet ...granted Ive only been here a bit ...

(great forum btw ...nice to see people still playing this instead of hawking it on ebay for hundreds of dollars)

these are soo noobish...*sigh* ah well

I keep running out of energy ...is that weight related ? Or am I just overrunning my guys

on the PS version I remember blowing out the ufo walls fairly commonly with las weapons ...and HE packs ..

I dont seem to be able to do this on the PC version ... am I just not trying hard enough? Or do I need a patch ..

Also ..how long does the game last? ...does it go on for more than a year or does the last mission come up whether you want it to or not?

Last mission comes up when you get cydonia or bust and an avenger

Lasers and high explosives pack no where near enough firewpower to break UFO outer walls, except in Xcomutil, which makes them strong enough to do so

energy is lost for ever movement point, and a certain amount regenerates each turn. Running too much doens't let it regenerate, although if you have more stamina then you're soldier will have more to spare, you use it always at the same rate and regenerate at the same rate

Energy recharges at a fixed rate for each soldier. This will differ between soldiers, some may recharge 16 points, some may recharge 20 points, etc. I haven't figured out how this is calculated yet, but you could think of it as being almost half the amount of energy you'd use if all your TUs were spent on walking.

Just wait a turn or two and you should be sufficiently re-energized. If you're really low on energy, you can use medikit stimulants to perk you up a bit - but I feel that it would be a bit of a waste in that respect. Best to keep them for waking up stunned soldiers than to buff you up when all you need is a short rest.

Note, energy is only spent when you move between different tiles. You can still spend your TUs to fire a weapon, operate any equipment and look about.

---

You can actually blow the ground-level UFO outer walls with HE packs in the mountain maps. In most other cases, it's as blehm says, they don't have the firepower.

---

When you choose to end the game is entirely up to you as soon as you get access to the Cydonia launch button.

- NKF

:sorry: More silly questions ....I cant figure out how to unload my weapons ....for whatever purpose I might be unloading them for at the time ..

its nothing crucial ...but it would be great to know ...

i cna click on the weapon and see the ammo inside it ...but I dont seem to be able to manipulate it like i could when i had it on PSX

on the far right in the agent equip screen is a button with a rifle+clip on it (just below the OK and arrow buttons). If you select the weapon and drop it on that button it will be unloaded. To load, simply select the clip and drop it on the weapon.

yes, that is pretty much the most annoying "Feature" i have ever seen in my life in a video game. i mean, why right click when there is a button on the top of the screen?