What I'd like to introduce is a last-gasp mission to stop them cosying up with the aliens, and most importantly, a new type of mission that won't involve the battle-scape.
Imagine getting this at the month end:
TOP SECRET CODED TRANSMISSION
I am under a lot of pressure to side with the aliens, and I'm struggling to justify the XCorp budget. The senate need to know that XCorp can provide the goods to help win this war.
We require the following in the next 10 days or we will have no alternative to go our own way. I wouldn't bother denying it, I know you can get access to this equipment.
- 10 Heavy Plasma Rifles
- 10 Heavy Plasma Clips
- 100 Alien Alloys
Don't let us down.
Satisfying this will give a boost to their happiness and give a stay of execution from them leaving the project. The mission objectives could vary as well:
- A UFO artifact item sink (with amounts required based on how unhappy they are and what items are researched.), finally a use for alien-entertainment!
- A one-off non research tree research item that will hog lab time
- Something that needs to be made, hog's workshop time
- Get rid of that base!
- A devious, no xcom activity in area 'x' please.
- one .... million ... dollars!
- <x> live specimen(s) <of species> <of rank>
The mission flavour text can be tailored for what is being asked, so plenty of work for CTD!
If more than one country is unhappy you could have more than one mission a month, so you may be tracking multiple missions at any one point.
I would hope that this will add another subtle tactical layer to the geoscape, and provide a useful, non-sell sink for all the unwanted crap you normally get from missions, and hopefully would alter your strategy to achieve it and provide an alternative reason to going into a battlescape other than just because it there.
It would need balancing, but I think this would be a engaging, tension adding element to the game.
Edited by PezzA, 16 November 2009 - 05:58 PM.