XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Can't Buy Buildings For Some Odd Reason

MadTaco

I am using X:COM UFO Defense from the PC Gamer's Classes Games CD-ROM that was released a few years ago, and I had previously installed and played the game perfectly and without flaw on an older Win98 SE system. Tonight I was feeling rather nostalgic ^_^ and decided to give it a whirl on XP. I of course encounted scrambeled graphics error, no problem, I used F0dder's patch. Everything works absolutely seamlessly except that I simply can't buy building for my base :o I click on the buy buildings option like normally, and have ample money to purchase and build a building, but I have no OK option, just the building descprtion and a Cancel option. Am I missing something very obvious or is something wrong with my installation?

Specs are:

512 MB DDR 2100hz RAM

1.8 GHZ Processor

VIA AC'97 Sound Driver

Nvidia GeForce3 Ti220 128MB Video Card

Windows XP Home Edition ( :crying: )

System regularly has no problems or issues.

Thanks for all your time, it is appreciated. ^_^

Instead of searching for a OK button, you just have to move your cursor to an empty base tile. You'll see a flashing rectangle around the tile your cursor is. Then you just have to click the left mouse button and the building will be placed (it is required to place it next to an existing, finished building). Edited by j'ordos

I assume it did then. Its ok, stupid mistakes happen to the best of us. For instance, once I accidentially sent a interceptor with twin cannons against a battleship. Needless to say, the interceptor didn't last too long. :)