XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Ui Guru Can't Work

SupSuper

To put things shortly: My dad doesn't like my grades. Thus, he took the RAM from my computer, so I can't use it. I can still use other computers and keep an eye on things, but not do any work, since my work environment is in my computer.

So, until I can use my computer again, I can't do any work. I could probably set up TortoiseSVN on my mom's computer and work from there, but without MSVC++ to test changes with it'd be veeeery risky. Not that I do any actual work on MSVC++, I just use Notepad, but I need MSVC++ to build a release to test stuff with. And I can't find my MSVC++ CDs.

Though, feel free to ask me any UI-related questions, or even get someone to fill in for me :P

Also, in case the "clipped text" problem still isn't fixed, it should be a simple matter of increasing widget width/height where appropriate.

Finally, I'm keeping myself relatively away from the Programming forum. The stuff being discussed there is way over my head :wacko:

I told you that university is not something to take lightly, but if you do not hear to me, there is nothing that I can do.

Greetings

Red Knight

You're not my father!!! :Cry:

Anyway, I did study, but I made the mistake of studying like I did in school, in which I did pretty darn well :) that was the first semester, the second semester I studied much better, but I made a critical mistake in a programming assignment which made me fail it, I actually studied much better B)

Besides, you learn from your mistakes much more than you do from your successes :)

He-he, I have a couple of extra SDRAM sticks I can part with, if you can take them :).

I doubt you could send them without my dad noticing them in the mail :P

Ok, study a little and you will be arround soon. Studing is very important for us at Xenocide Senior Team, so we agree with your parents decision.

Greetings

Red Knight

I already study, it's just 12th grade is so freakin' hard! (as any student around here could tell you). I mean, it even shows up on the news how most students fail! I'm already repeating for the 2nd time, and most go up to 3 or 4 times.

And I'm doing better than last time, so it's not so bad :)

Plus tests are over and Christmas Holidays are coming, I don't want to die of boredom :P so I already got VC++ .NET 2003 set up (it doesn't compile with the free 2005 Express version), so I'll be messing around with the UI again. I'm gonna fix the vertical scrollbar since that thumb looks so ugly :P and possibly whip up a Research Screen, since I see that's coming up too. Anything else you want UI-related just let me know :)

Btw, I've been thinking: UI Test is a developer-only tool, and I've noticed on progress releases that people always seem unaware of that. Maybe we should remove it from the main menu and put it on a console command or something?

I already study, it's just 12th grade is so freakin' hard! (as any student around here could tell you). I mean, it even shows up on the news how most students fail! I'm already repeating for the 2nd time, and most go up to 3 or 4 times. And I'm doing better than last time, so it's not so bad :) Plus tests are over and Christmas Holidays are coming, I don't want to die of boredom :P

ARE YOU READING MY MIND AGAIN?! GIMME THAT PSI-AMP! :D

12th grade SUCKS!

12th grade SUCKS!

Yea, I can feel your pain. :) Hated it too. But - although I don't wanne sound like your parents - this is extremely important. Don't make the same mistake I did. I took it too lightly, made a not too good final exam and had so much trouble every time I tried to change to another University or get a scholarship etc etc... It's not fair, but life can be so much easier if you've got good marks...

Edited by Mad

12th grade SUCKS!

Yea, I can feel your pain. :) Hated it too. But - although I don't wanne sound like your parents - this is extremely important. Don't make the same mistake I did. I took it too lightly, made a not too good final exam and had so much trouble every time I tried to change to another University or get a scholarship etc etc... It's not fair, but life can be so much easier if you've got good marks...

I know, but sadly, wanting to get good grades doesn't make you get good grades. You just gotta get lucky :P

Oh and Xenocide doesn't compile :(

Edited by SupSuper

I know, but sadly, wanting to get good grades doesn't make you get good grades. You just gotta get lucky :P

Yea, gotta get lucky - and work your #%& off...

Oh, and it is compiling. at least for me. Maybe you forgot to "install" some dependencies?

Edited by Mad

Yea, gotta get lucky - and work your #%& off...

Oh, and it is compiling. at least for me. Maybe you forgot to "install" some dependencies?

That too :P

Nope, I got all the dependencies. xenocommon and xenolauncher build fine, only xenocore doesn't (and xenoui needs xenocore):

C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(60): error C2065: 'object' : undeclared identifier

C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(60): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'luaGlobals'

C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(60): error C2065: 'luaGlobals' : undeclared identifier

C:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\simulation\taskmanager.cpp(61): error C3861: 'luaGlobals': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup

c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2039: 'object' : is not a member of 'luabind'

c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'missionBehaviour'

c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2501: 'Xenocide::Core::MissionParams::object' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2501: 'Xenocide::Core::MissionParams::missionBehaviour' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

c:\downloads\New Folder\Xeno\xenocide\src\core\entities\mission.h(56): error C2039: 'object' : is not a member of 'luabind'

Looks to me like your header files for the LUA classes are out of date.

Impossible, I got everything from the Package Updater.

I don't have the DirectX SDK though, couldn't get it installed on this computer. Could that be the problem?

Edit: The only thing that is really useful is Templates symbols are now fully supported in IntelliSense. Furthermore, Explicit Template Specializations and Partial Template Specializations are also fully supported in IntelliSense.

Eh? Did you edit a wrong post? :)

Edited by UnFleshed One

DirectX SDK is not required because the only thing that needs it is Ogre, and we have that precompiled.

Greetings

Red Knight

Shouldn't it be removed from the Progammer's Quick Start Guide then?

Anyways, time to recheck my steps:

- Install VC++2003, check

- Install TortoiseSVN, check

- Checkout SVN, check

- Install and update Xenocide Updater, check

- Get latest dependencies, check

Well, I'm puzzled. Reminds me when I first joined and the bloody thing just wouldn't compile for me :P