3 replies to this topic

#1 websee

websee

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 03:21 PM

what about having hologramms in tactical combat?

the aliens make project images of themselves to distract x-com soldiers. theese holos don't disappear if you shoot them, you simply shoot througth them, you can even walk througth them, but you see them as aliens. the aliens an make theese holos walk, to distract you again after each round. of cause you can capture this technology and make human hybrids, but i dun think that they will be very useful to you. this is a nice idea that makes the aliens stronger and gives balance to other ideas that make humans stronger.
i would change the world, but god does not give me the source code...

#2 Cpl. Facehugger

Cpl. Facehugger

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:03 PM

Nah. I don't like that idea, because it would get annoying fast.

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger, 08 February 2004 - 06:04 PM.

I'm only partially inactive. :P I can still be reached at cpl.facehugger@gmail.com, and via PM. Preferably the former.

*Coming back? Avast! Facehugger, finish your assignments!*

Posted Image

#3 websee

websee

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:04 AM

later you could produce holo-detection glasses that have 50% chance of detecting a holo each round.
i would change the world, but god does not give me the source code...

#4 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 07:05 AM

Holograms would be interesting, but I think they should only occur when you have an agent in an alien entertainment room. And they wouldn't be holograms. :devillaugh:
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores