XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com 3 Revisited - Mod In Progress

Sorrow

Didn't work either... Don't really know what other problem there could be, perhaps one of the smallfont/bigfont files in the ufodata folder?

That's weird. I'll upload the smallfont/bigfont files too...

What version do you use?

Mine is Version 1.00 11th June 1997.

I'll try to add a 'Fill' function to the next version of Apoc'd, that should be able to do what you describe.

Cool :) .

edit by j'ordos: attachment removed

Edited by j'ordos

Ive always loved your mod J'ordos xD

I shall replace my current ones with those and see what happens ^^

Edit: Ahahah go figure, it fixed it so I can play again.

Well its official J'ordos, it works, and works better than the original xD

Edited by NRN_R_Sumo1

Do the megapol mod exes work for you Sorrow&NRN? If they do it's probably a problem with your exes sorrow. No one ever posted my mod actually worked though :)

It worked. Damn, I don't know what may be wrong with them. They work on my computer <_< .

i guess it probably doesn't work because you have an original exe sorrow, while me and NRN use a dl'ed one. Though I did also try to apply the crack, and it still didn't work. Oh well, I'll just keep working on the import/export feature for apoc'd then :)

So, it's probably some kind of copy protection XD ? I'll have to wait for the import/export feature then :) .

In meanwhile I've done some experimenting with organisations.

I'm going to tone down their weapons to make them more rational and less farmable. Generally, only Megapol will use Heavy Launchers, because they are too expensive for other organisations.

M4000 Machine Guns will be main weapons with Autocannons as support weapons. Energy weapons will be present in small amounts as they are expensive.

I'm going to try to increase the alien activity too.

I sure hope J'ordos works hard on that export feature xD

Because, I just found out a huge dirty Bug in his own little mod.

Megapol armour makes my men invulnerable? THATS JUST SILLY. xd

the resistances seem to all screwed up as all are set to 0 damage except for explosive and stun and a couple others.

Marsec armour's values are also all at 0 damage, and so are Dimension armour's D:

Luckily your mod wouldnt be causing such lulz chaos.

I never noticed that bug though before because I was playing it in my no armour campaign where I was crazily dodging bullets like neo o:

Hmm could be, it's a long time ago :) I remember accidentially causing that one time, while I was searching for more agent equipment data (in a rather agressive manner i.e. blanking an entire section of data :) ) Didn't know I used that exe for the megapol mod tho... I take it I only did that to the TACP exe file though, so if you save the damage resistances part in the cityscape menu with apoc'd it should be fixed. Edit: nope, did it to both files. At least I was thorough :)

Guess I shouldn't both create a mod and try to uncover more data at the same time, earlier versions of the megapol mod suffered from the very same flaws. :)

Currently adding string editing support for apoc'd, after that's done I'll add import/export hopefully. Mostly working on the new megapol mod version though :D

edit: seems I also found a bug in the savegames->market section of apoc'd.

Edited by j'ordos

• 1 month later...

I played UFO today and noticed some more differences and some wrong data in my mod, especially wrong accuracy values.

I brought character stats back to the UFO values. It made agents more accurate and with more reflex, but more fragile.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I returned to work on the mod. When reading the Aliens 250 thread, I have realised that I broke the game by adding too much aliens to UFO crews and drops which made them spread around and generally make too much and too long ground missions.

After playing UFO:Enemy Unknown, I have noticed one more thing that I don't like. With the new running mechanic, characters in Apocalypse have so much action points that they can cross half of a map in one turn. It makes enemy/civilian turns much longer.

I cut down the speed of all units except brainsuckers, hyperworms and poppers to 1/2 of the normal amount.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hah... I tend to have these cycles of interest-disinterest towards modding X-Com3. Right now I'm probably in the middle of the disinterest part.

Judging by the lack of activity on the forums, other people too.

Edited by Sorrow