XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Elerium

j'ordos

well, in workshops someone asked for a rounder elerium version, but I can't post there, so here is an attempt at it (ok it's not flat-shaded, sorry. If needed that can be done easily, so...)

http://users.skynet.be/fa220383/xcomufo/crystalorb.jpg

Edited by j'ordos

That would have been me that asked for the rounder Elerium...your concept art is much much better than the more spiky versions...but...the idea I was getting at was that it was a rock of some sort...my main question was if Elerium was mined, or if it was a molecular structure we're able to harness...if it's mined I think it should look like a chunk of a rock w/ squarish/roundish edges...now I'm not sayin that Earth mines it but do the aliens have to mine the substance???...something for the Elerium Creative Writing crew to think about... :idea:

in the original, the elerium was stored in crystals. Now, those crystals could be growing in alien cliffs, so where the heck would such an elerium thinggy BE on a cliff????????

The aliens could also be capable of artificially creating the element, in which case part of the process could involve an event in which the element appears as jordos rendered it. Who knows? Let the CTD go with it....

[deleted]

EDIT: sorry, if my message sounded offensive. I just noticed it might be it.

Edited by mikker

You could use both images in the X-Net really. The crystal version could be used when you first discover it, and the atomic spike pic could be incorporated into the technologies that require elerium to work.

If you guys really intend to use it I could tweak it some more, add some other material or whatnot, or I can post it here (in .max or .3ds) so anyone willing to play with it can do so.

(that iridium sheen might look good, but I guess that's for alien alloys only :( )

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...