XCOMUFO & Xenocide

ART-Xenocide Logo

Fatal_Error

Just wondering.... Wich continent do you live in?? Hope not North-America, cause the posts are in the middle of the night....

I like the designs a lot. Personally i would vote for the "hostile contact" one in combination with the (a weaker) glow around the symbols from the last design. I like the hostile contatc one for its dark red color of the symbols whcih allows you to see the subtile glow from the alien.

Further i would prefer to have a tiny piece of the nose from the alien removed, don't know why, just a feeling.

Good luck

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering.... Wich continent do you live in?? Hope not North-America, cause the posts are in the middle of the night....

right now the local time is 16:51 so no worries. if u must know then i line in estonia. i would really be surprised if u knew my lil' country coz it seems that most of the world doesnt :(

Wow Error... You just beat my country in unpopularity. :alienlol:

But hey, us small country boys rock! :ph34r: (no, it's not because of terrorism. :tongue: )

I have a comment on the logo, though. Maybe we can edit the alien so it doesn't look too... detailed. I think it looked better when it was a bit faded, since you couldn't see the *kawaii* factor of the sectoid. (depends on what we're going for, though. cute or killer? :alienlol: or :aliencool: )

Wow Error... You just beat my country in unpopularity.  :alienlol:

But hey, us small country boys rock!  :ph34r: (no, it's not because of terrorism.  :tongue: )

I have a comment on the logo, though. Maybe we can edit the alien so it doesn't look too... detailed. I think it looked better when it was a bit faded, since you couldn't see the *kawaii* factor of the sectoid. (depends on what we're going for, though. cute or killer?  :alienlol: or  :aliencool: )

:D remember I ALWAYS ROCK!!! I DO NOT SUCK!!! I RULE!!! :D

btw what the heck is *kawaii*

and i wonder with what word will flibberty gibbet be replaced ... just a test :devilsmile:

edit: :link: f.u.c.k. == flibberty gibbet ... LMAO!!!

I like the alien as it is, only thing is that maybe the sides of the pictures should be faded, cause it is such a sharp cut.

ps - I bloody well now estonia (i'm from the netherlands) my father even did a couple of projects to increase health care in estonia, so we have several souvenirs at home!

But lets stay on topic.... Sorry Stewart

ps - I bloody well now estonia (i'm from the netherlands) my father even did a couple of projects to increase health care in estonia, so we have several souvenirs at home!

and ps to u too - my sister has been to netherlands ... SO WHAT!!! :D

ok never mind me :)

and now back to the topic .... oh wait ... i have nothing constructive to say ...sry O:)

Wait... Maybe this is what people call serendipity.... :alienoooh:

I see your paths crossing in the future... (ala Miss Cleo, of course.)

Yeah, that's what I meant too. Make ell the edges a bit more blurry, and please don't show his nostrils! It would be embarrassing for the alien. :alientalk: (he's saying: Damn you, that nostril is PERSONAL.)

Guest stewart

The Estonian White Blue and Black is one of my favorite flags, I just love the color combination.

Okay first things first, QUIT WITH THE BIG FVCKIN"IMAGES ALREADY!!!!!!!

If you have webspace, use a link instead.

There I feel better now.

Okay, FE the very first one with the black letters with green glow is your winner. I think now I can compromise on the by line "Hostile Contact" thing being Part of the image and being in red. . . but . . . .

for a test image

* use the words "First Blood" (to go along with the red)

* do not stretch the words to the edge of the screen, the font should be inferior in size to the Xenocide. Have them stretch to edge of the sectoids face only.

* I think it was whatever who said clip the nose and add a little more on top, getting more of the eye, do that too

* To balance the "First Blood" above the Xenocide put "Skunkworks Presents" make it the smae font, color and size as "First Blood"

* I'll say it as long as I have breath, no big X.

Green glow?!!! How cliché! :P

Hey stewart... X is the most marketable letter!! ;P

I was thinking about something.... do you guys want to preserve the Comic book style of the original X-Com? I think it would be realllllyyyy nice if any1 can do cell shading!

Green glow?!!! How cliché! :P

:huh?: i just noticed that somebody ... meaning at least one person ... can find something in every image on this forum that they classify as "CLICHE"!!!

no offence Xcen :D

lil' joke: im livin' in world that is such a cliche!! i mean how low can one go? :LOL:

The Estonian White Blue and Black is one of my favorite flags, I just love the color combination.

There I feel better now.

Okay, FE the very first one with the black letters with green glow is your winner.  I think now I can compromise on the by line "Hostile Contact" thing being Part of the image and being in red. . .  but . . . .

for a test image

* do not stretch the words to the edge of the screen, the font should be inferior in size to the Xenocide.  Have them stretch to edge of the sectoids face only.

* I think it was whatever who said clip the nose and add a little more on top, getting more of the eye, do that too

* To balance the "First Blood" above the Xenocide put "Skunkworks Presents" make it the smae font, color and size as "First Blood"

Nah it can't have Hostile Contact in it since the subtitle name war thing not about to start up again :) far as I'm concerned. First Blood neither.. Anyways :) some of us don't have webspace and besides this is a work area so I can expect people to see logos and titles on this post :) Once we pick though we should inform micah so he can delete all the junk we added :) :P Oh and why ya giving skunkwork credit for our game *G* *bombs you with his stealth bomber*

Fatal Error. Btw can you scale for 800x600? Oh yeah btw everybody these images for some reason scale diffrently on the browser than they look in real life.. :) Talking about the ones based of FE's latest effort with the green glow. So unless you viewing with a viewer you're not seeing the same thing.. :) least in mozilla, IE6 could be showing these images diffrently..

There I feel better now.

Okay, FE the very first one with the black letters with green glow is your winner.  I think now I can compromise on the by line "Hostile Contact" thing being Part of the image and being in red. . .  but . . . .

for a test image

* do not stretch the words to the edge of the screen, the font should be inferior in size to the Xenocide.  Have them stretch to edge of the sectoids face only.

Nah it can't have Hostile Contact in it since the subtitle name war thing not about to start up again :) far as I'm concerned. First Blood neither.. Anyways :) some of us don't have webspace and besides this is a work area so I can expect people to see logos and titles on this post :) Once we pick though we should inform micah so he can delete all the junk we added :) :P Oh and why ya giving skunkwork credit for our game *G* *bombs you with his stealth bomber*

maybe the logo should look like this:

graveyard productions

XENOCIDE

fatal human error

go to a search engine and look for X-Com: Genesis.  They have pictures of the logo that I think could help us analyze the direction we're going.

OMG!!! am i dreaming or is that for real?!? though i hope we can make better character graphics :D

Don't get your hopes up yet, the project was started about two years ago (about the time X-Com alliance was being cancelled) and they got to about the same point we're at in developing this game before they cancelled Genesis. It is the story of most X-Com games, microprose is bought and the new company cancels the old X-Com game, restaffs the team with incompetant people and undertakes a new x-com game that looks promising until microprose is sold again.

Don't want to restart the jyhad but I really like Hostile Contact as a subtitle ;P

The phrase from Maverick's intro (They are hostile) is quite inspiring

THEY ARE HOSTILE!!!!

Don't want to restart the jyhad but I really like Hostile Contact as a subtitle ;P

The phrase from Maverick's intro (They are hostile) is quite inspiring

< panick>THEY ARE HOSTILE!!!!< /panick>

Nah :) you all are still newbies and don't know how ugly this name thing got. I really don't think we wanna go there again. Hostile Contact is a good name for the one player mode I think we had a better one for the one player mode something like Unknown Menace. As for the multiplayer mode Hostile Contact probably won't work. The multiplayer mode that I think has the greatest chance of becoming the default one takes place after the aliens take control over the governments. You have to read back a bit for all the details.

Guest stewart

Okay 'Sta your image finally loaded on my handy dandy 14kbaud modem!! :angry:

Um, there's no X in it; is that a mistake or are you not one of the "X Men" as it were?

I probably still prefer the black letters but I must say the greyish blue one are growing on me.

As for graveyard or skunkworks these are just pretend names until we have the invetible scrap (featuring me on one side of the argument) over it.

Guest stewart

Sorry for the multi-post I forget to hit edit.

Just noticed a couple things.

Cliche: two responces 1) What and Red isn't? 2) Quite impossible to avoid,really.

Is "Name war"refering to the FFF thing? How did that get started????? ;)

Devatar, your sig should say "You may touch my bunny". :alienlol:

The "Green? How cliché" was an obscure reference to one of the last X-Com game (some kind of FPS?) that really sucked.... forget about it ;P

Okay, FE the very first one with the black letters with green glow is your winner.  I think now I can compromise on the by line "Hostile Contact" thing being Part of the image and being in red. . .  but . . . .

for a test image

* do not stretch the words to the edge of the screen, the font should be inferior in size to the Xenocide.  Have them stretch to edge of the sectoids face only.

ok i did what u suggested yesterday but for reasons mentioned after your post i did not upload it to avoid possible reemerging name wars though i have yet not seen the great name war :P

and ill start with (maybe) fresh ideas later today coz right now im finishing my last physics lab ... yeah i know i was supposed to do it on the weekend, but theres just too many more interesting things to do ... like designing new layouts and logos for this project oh and ofcooz BASHING BUNNIES!!! :D

and i still think we should have this button @ the top of the page or maybe in the middle of screen:

//===========\\

|| eject the bunny ||

\\===========//

Devatar, your sig should say "You may touch my bunny".  :alienlol:

Yeah, I thought of that, but dear Error might get un-general-patronage ideas. :aliencool:

I still say we should edit that sectoid. Hmm... Maybe after you guys finish another logo I'll steal it and photoshop it. :devilgirl:

Yeah, I thought of that, but dear Error might get un-general-patronage ideas.  :aliencool:

I still say we should edit that sectoid. Hmm... Maybe after you guys finish another logo I'll steal it and photoshop it.  :devilgirl:

about that sectoid ... as i told u before though im getting this feeling that u guys ignore many of my posts :erm: that i contacted the maker of the sectoid im using right now and i think we'll get some help from him too :D

some off-topic talk:

heck yeah u should know the allmighty estonians thanks to Erki Nool, Andrus Veerpalu and check this out Markko Märtin this seasons first ford driver.

btw "KICK THE BUNNY!" (remake from southpark's "kick the baby!") :LOL:

Are all estonians this MEAN?  <_<

(but hey, if we can get that guy to come on board, then good. first thing we should ask him is how to remove that sectoid's nostrils from the logo...)

why do u say that im mean? im really not! :)

the bunny jokes are nothing personal and i think my stupid jokes would stop if u replaced ur avatar with one of ur baby pictures coz i just cant and wont hurt a widdle wabbit :D ....unlike the current one that has practically "KICK THE BUNNY!" written to its forehead :LOL:

... aah poopies here i go again :( ... over and out

edit: wow just noticed that this is the most popular thread on this forum :D! thank u, ur too kind! i know i rule!

Okay 'Sta your image finally loaded on my handy dandy 14kbaud modem!!  :angry:

Um, there's no X in it; is that a mistake or are you not one of the "X Men" as it were?

I probably still prefer the black letters but I must say the greyish blue one are growing on me.

As for graveyard or skunkworks these are just pretend names until we have the invetible scrap (featuring me on one side of the argument) over it.

Well The X doesn't go with the green glowing look. I am in favor for the metalic letters with the radioactive glow. I don't think we should put a name like graveyard or skunkworks in there because we could have some 3D animation or some other stuff happen below the title. I don't think we just have to add a subtitle + group name just to make the image look good because I think we can make the screen look alot better with other stuff. BTW, :) anybody know if that poc the saint guy is any good at the 3d animation stuff? I hope people didn't scare him away last time by talking about the movie he supossed to work on. Know he is a member of last hope now and if he's any good might be nice to see him make a 3D animation using the last hope models.

Is "Name war"refering to the FFF thing?  How did that get started?????  ;)

Devatar, your sig should say "You may touch my bunny".  :alienlol:

:) This is my point of view but It got started when I wanted to add the project to sourceforge and needed a name to do so. Was like over 2 months that people been suggesting names but nobody agreed to one. So on IRC, when there were alot of people around Micah, Apoc and me were brainstorming names till Xenocide: Fight For Freedom came along. That day for some reason almost everyone involved in the project at that time :) was on IRC at some point of the day and I got to asked for their opinions and at the end of the day created the sourceforge thing. ;) Anyways one of the people I didn't get to talk to was stewy who hated the FFF name and then besides that people started coming up with all kinds of new names to replace the Xenocide part too and so forth. Think the problem got solved when the idea to have selectable diffrent modes of play added to the game where each mode wold have a name and a description an so forth.

Guest stewart

You don't think the green glow goes with the X!!!!!! I think, I'm gonna drive down to Texas and kiss you right on the mouth!!!!!!

As for the subtitle and title, I was just trying to comprimise with the Red and fill the sceeen people. I can definitely live without them too.

FE: Maverick obtain a really good metalic look with his letters. Did you get the artwork from him? Did it work? Is that it in the image now?

Hey for the red people, if we use metalic letters what if we put a little blood on them or something!

FE:  Maverick obtain a really good metalic look with his letters.  Did you get the artwork from him?  Did it work?  Is that it in the image now?

Hey for the red people, if we use metalic letters what if we put a little blood on them or something!

yes, yes and no ... ill make another logo soon with the new look though i dont have the font he used for the X if my memory serves me well.

right now im working on a new geoscape panel ... actually a new layout for the entire screen with new solutions and ideas

Well :) once Fatal posted that image of the green glowing I think that looked so professional that all other previous attempts didn't matter anymore. The only improvement to it I like to see made is what I did by adding the metalic blue letters inside the glow. I think it is better that way because the glow by itself seems to be too close to something I think I've seen as a movie title before. The metalic blue letters inside the glow gow with the original x-com bluish look. With that addition I think the font looks totally original unlike some of the other fonts posted here before that I though looked too much like fonts that come with photoshop or whatever graphical tool.

Guest stewart

Exactly what I thought. So when people were suggesting to go back five or six step, I was like but but but but noooooo!!!!

However, I would like the metal to look more metally.

What do you think of some blood being on the end, like it stabbed something.

Exactly what I thought.  So when people were suggesting to go back five or six step, I was like but but but but noooooo!!!!

However, I would like the metal to look more metally.

What do you think of some blood being on the end, like it stabbed something.

if that last question was to me then i must say that it doesnt matter to me. what i mean is that i like the logo right now and when i make changes to it based on your (edit: plural is ment here ... seemed a bit fuzzy to me) suggestions then the crappy ones wont reach your eyes. only the ones that i too like :D

actually i think i expressed myself a bit wrong here coz what i mean by me liking a logo is that based on the evaluation of my artistic eye the logo seems ok or better than ok :).

yeah thats what i mean. btw just a bit more drawing to do on the new layout before its ready for texturing :). and i wont do any logos until the new layout is finished (both bump map and texture).

I still subscribe to keeping the title relatively simple; it offers the ability then to fit in more spaces (and by fit I mean not stand out and look weird) I still like this logo. I would leave out the blood though.

The font was Gotthard, if you don't have it I can email it to you again.

I still subscribe to keeping the title relatively simple; it offers the ability then to fit in more spaces (and by fit I mean not stand out and look weird)  I still like this logo.  I would leave out the blood though.

The font was Gotthard, if you don't have it I can email it to you again.

no i have it now ... u already emailed me it but imo for the X u used a bit different font if not then never mind :)

Guest stewart

Is gothard that font #6 or anouther one. What was that font #6 called. Whereas it's letters are too "fat" could they be stretched to 250% as tall?

If so could wip one up and post it Maveric, it doesn't need to be big. Keep the purply-blue metal from the blue glow ones but put a green glow similar in color to FE's in the Background. Just so I can have a look, pleeeeease!

Well :) Red doesn't go with green most of the time cause it looks too christmasy so forget the blood. Anyway that metal might bee to bright and shiney to go with the glow and the font should be long like the one in the glowing version is right now. I think the colors of the mod I made would be perfect perhaps someone can use those color on a more metalic version. I think though the xeno just posted above would clash with the glow. For sure it shouldn't be brighter than the glow.

Guest stewart

Yeah it might be to bright I thought of that, but I'd like to see first.

Maverick never mind about font #6 I tried it at home stretching them to 250% and spacing the letters (it didn't work well).

Gangsta I think your letter are too blue and not metally enough but we'll know more once FE gets the logo to us with the Maverick Metal in it.