XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New To The Forum

GlaDiaTOR007er

Been playing xcom for a couple years now. Nice to see the different ideas that people have to make the game more interesting. Just out of curiousity what does changing the difficulty level do? I've never played with xcom passed the experienced level and I just started up a game on veteren. What is in store for me?

More enemies, heftier alien stats to contend with, and depending on which difficulty level you chose, one of the three grades of armour. UFO activity is a bit more aggressive, smaller UFOs are much more prone to fleeing from an attack, etc. Once you get the hang of it, you'll probably never go back. :D

Also, it's interesting to note that the higher the difficulty level gets, the weaker hatchling chryssalids become. This is referring to the hatchling chryssalids, not the ones that were already on the map at the start. On beginner level, the hatchlings are much more powerful than the ones that were on the map at the start. This is because chryssalids that pop out of zombies always appear with the chryssalid's base stats - not the stats adjusted by the difficulty level. Good to know - I guess.

By the way, if you haven't already done so: go over and spend some time flipping through the articles at http://www.ufopaedia.org - it'll definitely contain way more than you'll ever need to enjoy the game, but it's very informative.

- NKF

Edited by NKF