XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Random Thought...

gufu

Quiestion:If when you destroy tleith - all Zrbyte looses it's energy...

doesn't that mean what all of the zrbite working vehicle and weapons don't work anymore?

And if so - does that means what when X-com troops returned to tleith they're ship(Let's think it was one of the advanced ships) lost all of the power? What then?

Just a random thing i thought of...

Hang on, I haven't got immediate access to TFTD to check against, but where does it say that Zrbite is powered by T'Leth?

I know in X-Com Apocalypse that all alien's energy devices were powered with energy from their home dimension that was transported through the alien gates (induction?). In that case, it's easy to presume that all alien energy weapons lost power once the gates were zapped. However, I don't remember this being the case in TFTD. In fact, I thought Zrbite was similar to Elerium and produced power by bombarding the crystals with something. Ions?

Either which way, your troops never find out. They never get out.

- NKF

Zrbite

This is an alloy of Alien origin, part gold part Alien Bio-material. When utilised as a power source, small quantities will generate more power than a nuclear unit of 10 times the size. It is beyond our technical ability to replicate this material as most of its constituents are Alien in origin.

Looks like the TFTD programmers were being lazy (again) and didn't bother thinking up anything good...

T'Leth rose to the surface of the sea, and when the Sleeper was destroyed, T'Leth blew up - killing the heroes that went down there to stop the alien menace and polluting most of the earth, leading, in turn, to the construction of the Mega-Cities such as Mega-Primus

And NKF, the weapons themselves usually contain a small dimensional gate through which they suck the energy from the other dimension, so they will function still even after the gates themselves (the UFO sized gates) went poof.

The largest source of energy for Apoc technology was from the dimensional gates themselves. I think NKF had it right on the induction thing, some sort of dimensional MAGNETS must be at work! :D

Whether the energy comes directly from the alien dimension gate generators, the big triangles from the portals, or the big sparkly blue mysterious space rift in between, I guess that's best left to the imagination.

I thought Zrbite was similar to Elerium and produced power by bombarding the crystals with something. Ions?

Zrbite

This is an alloy of Alien origin, part gold part Alien Bio-material. When utilised as a power source, small quantities will generate more power than a nuclear unit of 10 times the size. It is beyond our technical ability to replicate this material as most of its constituents are Alien in origin.

Looks like the TFTD programmers were being lazy (again) and didn't bother thinking up anything good...

I alwase thought of it as an alien enzime converting the gold to energy.

Kind of like thecat from outerspace that needed gold to fix his ship.

-Blade FireLight

Edited by BladeFireLight