4 replies to this topic

#1 Randalor

Randalor

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:49 AM

I recently got this game at a local thrift store, and I'm having trouble finding the 1.4 patch for the DOS version. Unfortunatly, all the links I find are dead. Does anyone have the zip they would be willing to upload to me, or let me know how to access Microprose's FTP server so I can get it from there? Thanks in advance.

#2 Zombie

Zombie

Colonel

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 2947 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:13 AM

I recently got this game at a local thrift store, and I'm having trouble finding the 1.4 patch for the DOS version. Unfortunatly, all the links I find are dead. Does anyone have the zip they would be willing to upload to me, or let me know how to access Microprose's FTP server so I can get it from there? Thanks in advance.

Microprose doesn't exist anymore so accessing their server would be tough. ^_^

StrategyCore's files section has it here. I have no idea why it's named "TFTD 2.0" though, it's clearly the 1.4 patch. Guess I should fix this to prevent future confusion. :)

- Zombie
The Mr. Grognard of X-COM

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

#3 Randalor

Randalor

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the patch. I saw the 2.0 patch but didn't know it was just a mislabled 1.4 patch. Granted, now I'm going insane trying to properly patch the game... stupid DOS being a pain *Every time I think I install it correctly, when I try to run it, it gets caught in a loop of "Path not found"*... if you hear a faint screaming, it'll probably be me going insane.

#4 Randalor

Randalor

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

Okay, I bite... how do I get it to install on the CD version of TftD? I've tried everything I can think of, short of just copying all the files from the CD onto the Hard-drive *It'll either say Path not found over and over again, or go into the game, just to come up with a purple screen after about 20-40 lines of "File not found"

Edit: ...The one think I was short of... seemed to solve the problem. I copied over all the files off of the CD, and re-ran setup, and it ran perfectly... as perfectly as a DOS game can run without being slowed down at least. Thanks for the help with finding the patch.

Edited by Randalor, 31 August 2008 - 09:55 AM.

#5 Zombie

Zombie

Colonel

• Xenocide Creative-Text Departmen
  • 2947 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

No problem, glad to hear you got the game running! :)

- Zombie
The Mr. Grognard of X-COM

Zombie: Empirical data's your only man, when formulating a research plan.
A soldier's death is never in vain if it makes the formula more plain.
A few dozen make a better case for refining that third decimal place.
They call me Zombie because I don't sleep, as I slowly struggle to climb this heap,
of corpses, data points, and trials, but from the top - I'll see for miles!

Reply to this topic