XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Alien Goal

This thread is for developing the story behind why the aliens have come to earth to take us over. The Ammonites are from earth, and the Overmind pulled this from them psionically, so what are the plans for earth? What about the mars base? Was it planned to start there as a staging point, or did they crash there accidentally? This is where ideas for alien evidence can be tied in, as to why are the crop circles there, why are cows mutilated and people abducted, and why is genetic testing being done. The aliens can either have just arrived on Mars and are starting their attack, or they could have been waiting for many years for some reason as the main storyline suggests. If the latter is used, what types of historical stuff can be tied in for fun? Mythical creatures, perhaps major historic events they affected, etc. Edited by Breunor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Come In Peace! suggested that the alien ship was somehow damaged during it's trip here, and crash lands on Mars, where it stays until we start sending radio signals, activating some backup system which thaws them out, etc. They then prepare their assualt by building a base and UFOs from the remains of the main ship. This prevents them from coming in with overwhelming force while we're still technologically primitive. They have superior tech, but not enough to overrun the planet all at once. This sounds like a much better idea than having them sit on Mars for thousands of years, waiting for us to get too tough to handle IMO.

Fred the Goat had mentioned making the aliens more dirty and mean rather than omnipotent. The aliens returning had actually escaped the OverMind, but one was influenced and becomes the big brain for v1. You could also say that the Overmind sent the ship with a big brain in control, but during the trip the aliens revolt. This could tie into why the alien ship crashes on Mars, there was a mutiny by the Ammonites/whoever, and it and goes wrong. They crash, regroup, and realise they need to regroup and take earth.

Hey -

Ammonites are the original alien race, according to Breuners creation of the Xenocide Universe...which is quite good and a great read :D .

A copy is available on the CTD Asset List, which is also almost updated with some new assignments and categories.

CTD Asset List

Gold

• 1 month later...

note to sure if this is closed for discussion or not but i was thinking, about the idea of cydonia... its based on the face we have seen on mars and have pictures of, now im thinking its rather large and took while to build... so no crashed ship would have done that... perhaps its an alien outpost...like a galactical beach head? but anyway...

aliens have the base on mars with big brain, big brain is controlled by bigger brain... or maybe all big brains are linked to other big brains... kinda like a server and the aliens are all hooked to it too, except the commanders act as the hubs and then the underlings (soliders, navs, meds, leaders) are all users... now if u wanted to go the "dirty not great route" then you could say that the brain is getting old and crazy... it is eternal but that doesnt mean it wont wear out over time... and due to this wear down of the brain its gone crazy, maybe it lost connection to the other brains... and now its in search and destroy mode... or vini vidi vici ... when originally the aliens were just there to observe the Aqualiens © Warhamster 2003 but now that the brain has lost it... it decides to kill everything...? sorry sleep is kicking in so i lost my thought :zzzzz:

hmmm yes...

1) a few 1.000 years after the ammonites departure from Earth, they have evolved into the Ethereals, and got a brain etc. They build a overcaled battleship and takes off to take over the planet Mars with is just as living as Earth. however they misscalculate the dirrections and they crash into the outher moon of Mars, with partically destroys most of it, and sending the rest if it pouring down the planet. The battleship then gets catched with Mars' gravity, and gets dragged down. It also hits the other moon at downfall, reesulting in even more debris. At this point the aliens have been alerted, and goes into crypto state (those freezing champers). The batteship crash and the main computer shuts down, and didn't wake them up again.

All the moon debris, and also the big battleship crashing, resulted in the destruction of all life on Mars.

When we send radio commands into space, it hits the main computer, and sets it on. The aliens wake up, and builds the new base. The aliens see that we are too great for them to handle now, and decides to get help from the aqualiens. Those aliens are in a similar state, but didn't wake up. The brain knows that those aliens are "good" aliens, and it decides to send a big beam down to it waking them up, and at the same time mindcontroling them all in the process (you are really vulnorable when you wakeing up from crypto state). But it takes time to build it, and they need resources (Including organical with can now only be found on Earth). They decide to invade Earth, and insets a certain tactic with makes it look like they are more then they acturly are. They are more then enougth to take over Earth, but they need to build more ships to do a full-scale invasion, and they also need to build the big cannon. They takes some samples from Earth, and starts harvesting...

Yeah, people had talked of eventually having xcom 1 and 2 integrated into the same game, so your idea would work on that well. The xcom2 aliens are dormant for whatever reason, and the returning aliens on mars are trying to reactivate them.

I did begin a version of this, which begins to explain this.

It is attached here.

As I do not have my other bits and bobs (on other computer) I will merely point to the thread to which they are attached. I would STRONGLY recommend that you go here

XCOM_Alien_Origins___War.txt

Hey, people are actually taking my ol' dirty b@stard of an overmind idea seriously. Hooray! Yes! The Overmind should be a broken down ol' pile o' piss 'n vinegar! A dusty leftover in a dusty corner of a shiny, horrific galactic empire, bent on killing us 'cause it can, and maybe making our kneecaps into kneecap monsters. Kill the humans, it says! Their presence is like a big, fat spider sitting on my pillow. I just wanna smoosh it and grind it into dust. Grrr. And we feel the same way about you, ol' dirty, and what's the difference between us? We're gonna win, that's what. We're comin' for you ol' dirty, you sick bast.ard, we're comin' to gitcha.

Anyway, yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :D

-Fred

I agree with Fred, IMO simple is good. They want our planet, it looks good. They set up a base on Cydonia. THey thought there would be no resistance so they didn't send much, and they have been scouting. They were wrong

Do a google image search on 'obese' and you'll find plenty of pics to use as guides for making the Overmind...

I agree that having a malevolent alien power that wants humans out of the way would work. They can't wait any longer or we'll develop too much tech to deal with. So they attack while they can, and try to take over the governments.

I would slightly disagree..killing us off is evil...but subverting us to his own needs is even eviler :)

I would go something along the lines of

(PS:I do models, I normaly avoid writeing so excuse my bad spelling and grammer, I just wanted to have my say on why aliens would come here)

Aliens come to Earth at the start of WW2

colony ship..not made for war..but capable of building warmachines...its purpose infact.

Earth has Inteligent species with weapons capable of offering resistance and the Colony ship was only equiped with a very light armory. They could not attempt to safely start a colony on the planet.

They colonise mars instead and begin to build a army.

meanwhile they study this Intelligent speices searching for ways to kill it with virus, infiltrate...take over and mind control what makes it tic ETC..

Study of the speices has shown that it is of Higher then Average inteligence(to the average alien foot soldier), agressive destructive, and even has in some cases strong ESP capablites, while showing extremly high potentional for evaloution. The fact it can prosess strong ESP abltiy and not have retarded physcal features is amazing, fountely their ESP ablites seem to be only semi developed and can not be used actively.

The ALien overlord....alliance? LOL :) has been trying for a miliena to Make the perfect soldier unfountely they cant combine all the traits into a single being, and have failed time and time again. The Fact the human speices could hold the key is remarkable.

The Lowly alien Overlord guy doesnt miss a beat..instead of radioing back to his supperior he decides to find a way to use this race...or its Genes for his own gain. If he could design the PERFECT warrior from studying this Race gentics, he would be elected Head of the Empire...how could they not. Instead of him being some lowly colony superviser :)

So they kidnap terrorise :) and study us...

However command wants to know why it hasnt started receiving rsources...military equipment and personal from the Colony that was spose to be established on Earth.

Lowly Alien Overlord guy must either wipe us out and colonise..which he could probbly do...however he really wants to move up the ladder....

Things are getting close...he starts to send larger teams...kidnapping entire towns to experiment upon....

This causes alarm amoung the world and countries try to respond..not knowing its aliens..but knowing something from reports of people that managed to escape..flying craft of somekind are responsable.

Still no force is able to stop the seemingly now common occurance of entire towns going missing. THe world govements convene, and accuse each other of the travesty. Still after much debateing, its finaly declared that all countries will supply any resource to a New to be formed Agentcy called Agentcy X

After a year and a half of development the first base is setup in the most affected area, within a week of the newly advanced radar system comming online a faint shadow is detected on Radar, 2 redeveloped x-59 are sent to investigate. A small unknown ship is intercepted while not destroyed it is hit by cannon fire before it can move out of range and a large fragment of the craft is found below the battle.

the Fragments were taken show the craft is made out of materials and skills not known to any member country, and it is immediately clear we face something not from our world. Agentcy X is not renamed However the meaning of such a randomly chosen letter becomes ironic. It seems we are the target of Xenocide :P

Still the countries are unwilling to go public...thanks being to having become infiltraited, however even the Overlord dosent know about X-Com :)

So we fight the aliens......

then after awhile...not only are we comming up agasint aliens...were comming up agasint what appears to be aliens with Human DNA...till finaly we come up agasint the ULTIMATE..soldier :)....ourselves :) or kinda what we would be in another 50000000 years of evaloution :) If we were evil....thou maybe only one per base ETC.

heck could even have the overlord guy KILLED by the leader of these SuperFreakie alien/human guys :)

LOL well think I have written enouth

Edited by FireHawk

Well as you can see the Aliens also breathe oxygen and such, so they could actully use our planet, if they put a virus to wipe us all out, it would really smell, and no one wants that :puke: If they try bombing us to submission Humans dont take kindly to that and the aliens would have to spend more resources, which is a big no-no since that is why they want Earth in the first place.

I think the basic idea there is ok, but the specifics need to be sorted.

The idea of them capturing whole towns seems a bit excessive. Taking a year and a half to set up a base is too slow, the aliens would have won. Not sure about the whole super-soldier either.

No, the terror sites' purpose is to 'persuade' the governments that they can't step up against the aliens and would fare better if they allied themwelves with them.

But a new mission type, 'abductions' would be nice. They set down near a small village and try to kidnap as much humans as possible, or livestock or pets...

So they would mostly be armed with stun weapons and a few with lethal weapons, as guards.

The terror sites are exactly that, missions to cause terror. Basically, what jordos said. I guess they are a precursor to the infiltration missions, which is where the aliens go in and say "Join us, or we will perform the incident in New York all over the world. :devillaugh:"

Arent there already abduction missions?

Edited by miceless

Yeah, but what I meant was: they show up in a small village and try to stun the civilans there. In a terror mission they try to kill them, and in the original xcom, abductions apparently took place in deserted areas :huh?: (well I for one never saw a civvie outside a terror mssion).

So at an abduction site there would be a few civs, and the aliens try to capture instead of killing them.

I like the idea of an actual abduction ground mission, but what would happen when xcom showed up with heavy plasmas and such?

I also like the idea of aquaaliens being "good" and they just kill humans because they think we are allied with the martians. It adds flavor to the game imo. We have evil aliens, good aliens, humans, and tons of features. This will be the best game yet released.

Edit: I think that the aliens are after something important (to them) on our world. Maby it is ancient alien crap, maby it is food, maby it is our very genes. I don't think they are just looking for minerals and metals. Maby they want to add the tftd aliens to their control? I imagine some lobstermen might help out the overmind greatly in any wars it wants to engage in.

Wait, maby the overmind wants our race for soldiers? It wants to turn us into smarter mutons to be used on whatever other race it wants to enslave!

Edit 2: To expand on why the overmind wants humanity. I think it wants us for our ingenuity (I mean, heck once we understand a concept behind something, like a alien space ship, we can make better versions of the ship. Like an avenger:D) Maby it also want's humans for our leadership abilities, I mean, all of the alien commanders really suck because they get beaten by a race with vastly inferior tech (at beginning anyway.) Maby the overmind wants humans to lead its armies to conquer a very powerful enemy. (Maby this enemie of the overmind might be a friend to humanity? The enemy of my enemy is my friend, for a little while anyway :D)

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

• 1 month later...

I dunno. I definitely think the worst thing we can do is to create a whole huge plot with aliens and counter-aliens and the aliens-can-destroy-us-now-but-they-don't-want-to-because-they-need-our-cookie-recipe. You know what? The aliens want to kill us. We want to kill them. We fight!

:boxing:

We win.

:rock:

The end.

If we make it complex, it will detract from the game. Remember, you're making a game in the X-Com universe, not the X-Files universe. Aliens bad. Humans good.

i am all for the genetics theory - they need are genes, but they need to be juuuuuust right. They send a survey team occasionally to take a look at us every so often (re: big asteroids finding Earth to 'preserve' our genes) then when everything is simmering nicely, we have to evolve into something nasty for the aliens to conquer.....

we fight

we lose a bit

then we wipe every last alien from the face of the solar system :D

Ok, here is a basic premise.

Overmind is evil. Overmind is fighting a war with the vaaish who are also evil. The overmind is losing and needs an advantage. Humanity, with our reasonable physical stregnth, ingenuity, and leadership qualities make us perferct for enslavement. However, the overmind would like to add psi (sectoid and etherial maby) genes to humanities' makeup to make us even more effective warriors. That is why all the abductions, scout missions, etc. (Cow mutilations are for food and proteins to be used in alien cloning vats.) Humans shoot down a small (med scout) ufo, and aliens massacre local police sent to investigate. Humans now know that aliens are hostile, xcom is formed. Overmind is angry, since it can no longer rely on secrecy. Overmind steps up its time table, bringing up increasingly large and powerful ufos and troops to attempt to control the resisting humans. Unfourtnately for the overmind, human ingenuity strikes again with new weapons, armor, and craft. Also, the humans (with the aid of something called save and reload) are able to paste the aliens on the ground. The humans eventually learn where the primary alien base in the solar system is (mars, how cliched) and launch a devastating attack against it. When it is over, the martian overmind lay dead, and the main overmind enraged. It launches a powerful attack (several battleships, im adding to the original story now!):) Xcom destroyes some of them, but the rest manage to transplant a new overmind onto mars. Just as this overmind is gearing up its attacks though, the Vaaish arrive and annhilate the martian aliens. Now xcom must fight the Vaaish, whos weapons are better (the vaaish are like mutons mixed with etherials with steroids, on fire.) Xcom must now defend itself from an even more powerful alien race!

So what do you think?

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

Part 2: After the Vaaish,

After xcom beats the vaaish, aliens at the bottom of the ocean complete their reanimation cycle and begin attacking human cities (all cities, not just stupid boats and ports) Although xcom's weapons can handily defeat the aquaaliens on land, very few of xcom's weapons work underwater (lasers, plasma perhaps, none of the vaaish weapons though) Also, only powerarmor will work underwater (and at reduced tus at that) so that gives you an incentive to research underwater alien tech. Also, hovertanks don't work underwater, but any mech hwps (like human sectopod) and normal tank chassis may be used with only minor modifications. The aquaaliens are going to be incredibly agressive ( im talking like 20-40 dreadnoughts on a map at once.) and the aliens will try to recover 12 missing parts of their mothership (like 12 synomin sites, except you get a bonus if you recover all the parts.) If the aquaaliens get these parts, they will be able to fix their ship, and escape earth. After they leave the atmosphere however, they would activate a "alien doomsday bomb TM" which will destroy the planet. That is just an example of a way to incorporate aquaaliens.

Cool, I like the story, it's well done. However, I still think things like multiple alien races and aliens needing us for slaves or for our genes and aquaalien bombs and mothership parts would detract from, rather than add to, the game. I think the aliens should definitely use us for meat and stuff, but they shouldn't need us. And we should definitely suggest that originally various races were violently incorporated into the alien hive, but we shouldn't have them fighting with each other now. I think it's extremely unlikely that any real galactic superpower that wanted us dead, now or 10 years from now, would have any problem at all making that happen. The only way we've got a fighting chance is if we're fighting some screwed up ragtag leftover of an evil army (I don't mean to make the overlord sound like a wuss, just not a being of godlike power and majesty with infinite resources at its command).

- Fred

Well, I was saying that the overmind could only spare small amounts of troops and ships to form a beachhead on cydonia. Most of his forces are tied up fighting the Vaaish for strategic planets. Right after cydonia, some battleships (which your avengers can kill) land on cydonia and partially rebuild the base. So you prepare for another cydonian assault. But when you get there, you see sectoid, muton, etherial bodies scattereed about, and you encounter the vaaish (im trying to make these guys really difficult here) who takes an insane amount of firepower to kill.

Technically the overmind doesn't need us, but having us in its fold would make the overmind stronger and possibly able to defeat the vaaish.

And about the mothership parts and alien doomsday bomb, I was tired when I thought of that. If you can think of a better way to incorporate underwater aliens, please do so.

Hmm, give me some time.

Ok as a preliminary, the Aqua aliens once lived on the surface (like dinosaurs) but when they were nearly annhilated by the vaaish (hence why dinos are now dead) they hid under the ocean, at first in caves, later as their bodies adapted, the ocean itself. They then built the city of t'leth. Intending to sleep (and clone more aquaaliens) for a few million years before facing the vaaish again (they are driven by their hatred for the vaaish, and in essence, the hate all other forms of life because they don't remember what the vaaish look like! :D) However, their computers go haywire (or they forgot to set the alarm clock) and they wake up 63 million years away from when they wanted to. They find a race (humans) occupying the surface, and assume that we are the vaaish. Thus they start attacking us. Well, that is just a intern measure until I can come up with something nicer. If you can think of something better, please do so.

How's this sound?

Vaaish War - Aqua ALien tie-in

Ammonites terraform Mars, but eventually get co-opted by Overmind, and are forced to abandon their home system.  A few thousand years later, Sectiods find Sol system with two life-bearing planets and move in.  Earth being a non-terraformed planet has quite the headstart on mars' in terms of life forms, so the COlonize MArs and leave earth as a research lab. They take both Terran & martian dna to add to their own geneitc code, and play with some native species (resulting in semi-sentient Tasoth slave species from mars, and non-sentient Tricene from earth).  To better facilitate reasearch on earth, they build a tremendous flying research lab the size of a city (T'Leth).  Tasoth are brought to full sentience over the centuries, and further species from the two planets are modified (Lobstermen from earth & Calcinite, Tenteculat from Mars). Then the Vaaish notice them, and smash the Mars base (destroying the ecology and atmosphere of mars at the same time).  T'Leth is discovered to be too hard to shoot down (being mobile, etc.), so the Vaaish invade .  After much fighting, the power sources are destroyed, and T'leth falls from low earth orbit. Diverse alarums ensue, with one of the Vaaish being traped on the crashed ship.  During the Crash, the majority of the sectiod personality storage (for inserting into clones) is destroyed, leaving the sectoids only the survivors to create new sectiods from (whole cloning issue thing).  The Tasoth basically take over form teh devastated Sectoids.  Also destroyed in the ship's main computer.  so, with their vaunted genetic skill, they take the captured Vaaish and bond it with the ship (plus a few choice other species) to try to recreate the lost hardware with wetware.  This meets with limited success (ie: none).  They don't want to send a distress call in case the Vaaish answer it.  So they decide to pull the covers over their heads, and pop out every few thousand years to see what's happening.

During this, the Vaiish-hybrid matures enough to take partial control of the ship, and disable the alarm clocks, giving it more time to heal and eventually destroy the remaining aliens.  However, the link to the remaining ship systems corrupts what's left of its mind, and it in turn corrupts to aliens sleeping within it.  Using Vaaish-style Molecular COntrol, it implants all the aliens for future use.  As it slowly goes mad over 65 million years, it listens to the seas above.

Cue Alien War I, and a large number of UFOs & Intecepters ending up in the drink.  This attracts the attention of the Vaaish-hybrid (now totally cuckoo)(you try sitting on the bottom of the ocean for 65 million years), with the signal from Cydonia being the last straw on the camel of its mind.

So it boots up a few Tasoth and Sectiods (now modified for aquatic life), and commences the invasion. 

-The Captain

Edited by Cpt. Boxershorts

Just out of curiosity, if the Vaaish have completley superior weapons and soldiers to us, and their only goal is to launch a bunch of bombs at are planet, what keeps them from accomplishing this goal? It seems like it'd be pretty easy to position a bunch of invincible battleships around a planet and have them start launching missiles. :hammer: There obviously has to be something stopping them. Also, I think humans should encounter the aqua aliens before the Vaaish since they pose less of a technological challenge.

I think humanity encountering the vaaish would be a picnic!

Short, hot, and eventually given over to the ants.

Seriously, I don't think that Humans should ever meet the vaaish...there's just too big a difference in technology levels. AW I is just a side skirmish in the Overmind-Vaaish war...if the overmind had its full resources, earth would have fallen in a day. And they're getting their butts kicked so bad that they want to co-opt a bunch of ground-bound savages for cannon fodder.

-The Captain

edit- spelling

Edited by Cpt. Boxershorts

Okey Dokey. Instead of the vaaish coming in and annhlating the overmind (they will, but not yet.) The death of the martian brain sends out a psychic shockwave, which wakes up the mind-sensitive aqua aliens. They wake up and attack humanity. (note, vaaish ships are somewhat vlunerable to sonic weaponry. ;) also note that as the war with the aqua aliens is going on, the overmind is still fighting its losing battle against the Vaaish.) Then, soon after xcom annhilates T'leth (before it can rise above the surface and screw the enviroment) the Vaaish have finally finished the overmind, and are persueing the last little bit of its remaining forces, who are retreating to mars to hide. The vaaish bomb mars (convientely using all their bombs in the process) before they turn and notice that there is another sentient race on the next planet over! However, the Vaaish detect a *fuzzy plot mechanism* on Earth, so they cannot bomb earth. Therefore, they start using the strategy that the overmind used (except more geared towards annhilating humans [they have no stun weapons] as opposed to enslaving them.) Also, the Vaaish would do terror missions on a regular basis, and would attack military bases (new mission time! :D)

And remember that the vaaish are better soldiers than mutons, but they are not invincible (they are only a little tougher than tftd's lobstermen) Also, I have included the sonic bit so that your avengers have a chance to shoot down vaaish ships. Vaaish weapons are more powerful, true, but in the beginning, the alien weapons were a hellauvalot more powerful than your starting weapons. Also, I have made the Vaaish resistant to alien weapons, and fairly vlunerable to human ones. (the Vaaish themselves are only marginally vlunerable to sonic weapons.)

Why don't we just say that the only armor the Vaaish have is energy shields? That way, they would be strong against plasma and laser weapons, somewhat weak against sonic, very weak against AP, and pretty weak against explosives as well. With this system, AP would be worthwile again, there would be a good reason why they easily beat the Overmind, and it makes some amount of sense(although not much). The reason they would only have energy armor would be that the only other major threats to their fleet (i.e. The overmind) used energy weapons.

Edit: The ships do have a small amount of armor, but it was deemed unnescesary for ships to be heavily armored against bullets.

Edited by Ancalagon

Ok, The vaaish are extremely vlunerable to projectiles, but practically immune to energy weapons.

Also, there should be some research (after capturing vaaish shields) to make lasers a bit more effective against shields. (Enveloping lasers?)

And, with the coming of the shielded vaaish, xcom starts researching ways to improve its projectile weapons, resulting in 'Shredder' rounds, which are like ap, but specifically designed to penetrate (and then explode) inside vaaish bodies... ;)