XCOMUFO & Xenocide

You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Xcom

Cpl. Facehugger

You know you've been playing too much Xcom when

1. When you wish you had a suit of stylish personal armor instead of your t-shirt

2. When you think that soldiers are expendable

3. When you think that anything flying is either: A skyranger transport or B: a ufo or C: a floater

4. When you go to the nearest university and ask for a laser rifle

5. When you think that aliens are actually invading

6. When you name your dog "Reaper"

7. And your child "Sectoid"

8. When you see a picture of a starving person, you assume that they are an Etherial

9. When you start throwing light bulbs around when it's dark, hoping to illuminate the area

10. When you go to a gun shop and ask for a heavy plasma

11. When you call your car an HWP

12. When you expect your car to drive itself

13. When you get tired, you say "Damn! I'm out of time units!"

14. When start to fantasize about your girl/boy friend wearing personal armor

15. When you dissect a cow to extract its organs

16. When you think the chryssalids are after you

17. When you watch a zombie movie and say "If those were chryssalids, they'd be dead right now!"

18. When you convert your vaccum cleaner into a hovertank

19. When you start breeding snakes and taping arms onto them

20. When you make a "You know you've been playing too much Xcom when..." list

21. When you shoot people in spandex, assuming that they are Mutons

22. When you shoot people in cloaks and robes believing them to be Etherials

23. When you wonder what happens to the aliens in alien containment

24. When you start to see life from an isometric point of view

25. When you want to use the alien examination tools on someone...

26. When you start to wonder why the guy in the examination room ufopedia entry is naked

27. When you wonder where the Men In Black are in Xcom (and why they were cut)

28. When you form your own Xcom website

29. When you try to make your own Xcom remake

30. When you make a heavy plasma out of tin cans, old PVC pipe, hairspray, and bubble gum.

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

anyone here ever dreamed of a game? I had it with doom, tetris as well as x-com.

I've had it with doom, halo, Xcom (chryssalid nightmares), Mechwarrior, and Fallout

In doom, I dreamed that I was a cacodemon eating pitiful space marines for breakfast

In halo, I dreamed that I was a covenant elite

In Xcom, I dreamed that the chryssalids were chasing me

In Mechwarrior, I dreamed that I was driving a mech, annhilating everything in my path

And lastly, I dreamed that I was riding a nuclear bomb, just like the pipboy in fallout.

Strange dreams, no?

#31. When all of the buildings start to look the same.

#32. When you have fun blowing up fuel barrels and gas stations.

#33. When you live in a tile-based world.

#34. When you have an x-com soldier in your avatar.

#35. When you keep telling NASA that there's a hidden alien base in Mars!

#36. When you've done something stupid you think you can simply reload.

#37. When you barracade your doors and windows as they are possible entrence-points to your house.

#38. When you want to isolate doors and windows from the rest of your house.

#39. When you think fireworks pointing out of your window counts as 'missle defences'

#40. When you are borred you simply make time go faster by pressing the "1 hour" button.

#41. When you see an odd red square in the bottom of your view every time you see someone you don't like.

#42 When you play Deus Ex 2 and see transgenics, and think 'Sectoids', so you shoot them even though they are supposed to be your allies.

Then they fire this green stuff at you - :blink: HEAVY PLASMA, take cover.

Theeeen, you take your heavy plasma (aka mag rail) out, and pulverise them.

They even have LEADERS for god's sake!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Once, i had a dream that the aliens were invading my house, so i pulled out my hev plasma, ran out the door, and then used the gun to utterly disentigrate the house. . .it was fun. i should try that in a game.

#43: When you find out that some X-Com sounds are used on all sorts of movies, games, cartoons, etc.

Truly, I keep finding them everywhere! Usually they are door sounds, alien screams or UI sounds (button press, screen popup).

my wierdest computer game related dream was that i dreamed i was a chrysaliss and i implanted a load of people in an oddly designed town...........one of those guys i implanted was FIT

#44 When you notice all your time goes in reading xcomufo forums

LOL floater, that's funny :LOL: It should be on x-com art section.

#35. When you keep telling NASA that there's a hidden alien base in Mars!

You don't have to tell them.. all them nutty UFO watchers have already pestered them about Cydonia far too much by now, due to all those initial shots of the Cydonian region way back when that made people think there were pyramids and 'the face' built in the region by sentient life..

Probably why they just gave Raven the lump of cash and told him to be quiet.. Most likely turned into standard procedure as a way to keep people from bugging them.

"Here, take some money.. Just shut up!"

18. When you convert your vaccum cleaner into a hovertank

I have got to try that one of these days..

23. When you wonder what happens to the aliens in alien containment

What DOES happen to those aliens?

27. When you wonder where the Men In Black are in Xcom (and why they were cut)

X-COM agents should get Series 4 DeAtomizers as standard equipment..

30. When you make a heavy plasma out of tin cans, old PVC pipe, hairspray, and bubble gum.

But you use bubble gum in the construction of the Psi-Amp! (well, pink bubble gum at least)

where is the place i should put that pic?

i had a little look but i didnt find it

i have a few more i may put there..............

the snake men are all dead exept that one cos all my weapons were bb launchers and psi amps

even the UFO was detryed totaly

Edited by floater medic

I live in a tile based world....

wonder what aliens do in alien containment(made up myself a few cenarios)

28. When you form your own Xcom website

do forums count?

disecting cows sounds like fun....

the snake men are all dead exept that one cos all my weapons were bb launchers and psi amps

even the UFO was detryed totaly

Holy Celatid-on-a-stick.. The whole thing?.. Ya know, I've always wanted to demolish a UFO.. I've blown holes in them, like in the top so as to get the drop on the command crew, but never utterly annihilated the thing..

I LOVE this one:

#47 You sleep in the "dead" T-shirt armor wearing human and when you wake up you go ask the first person you see "Were you the one with the med-kit?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest alex the greater

49. you sneak into the aircraft countrol tower in your loacal airport to look for ufos

50. you find a small ufo heading east (small plane signling a destress call)

51. you scrambel an interseptor (privite jet)

52. when the "ufo" gets shot down (jet colides whith plane) you scramble a skyranger (fully loaded 747) to salvige the wreak

53. when the "crew" dies you get fustrated and try to reload but you cant (cause

this is real life)

54. the aliens invade you base (the cops break into the tower and aresst you)

Edited by alex the greater

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

55. You try to "save" before you go in a building or do something you might regret.

56. You make contributions to this list.

Edited by Exo2000

I'm 24 and 41.

Once I dream a couple of medium scouts hanged on the sky, near my home, and going to church I watched three of them coming back from negotiations about Earth surrendering. Our president Zapatero told them that not only Spain would help them, but also he offered his balls (I'm sorry, but that was the dream) because he always wanted to be like them and MC all the party. But Bush, Blair, Chirac and Schröder said no. So it was the start of the war, and knowing that I went back home searching for a laser rifle or at least one heavy cannon and beat thos bastards's asses.

57. When you see lights that dazzle you in the horizon, due to sun reflection in big metal surfaces, you see. There is a UFO-port!!!!!

58. When someone tells you he saw something, like an insect, dark and with antennae you run until you are in Australia.

59. You plan a perfect crime, it's a murder and the plans are these:

You buy X-COM: UFO Defense, you give it to your hated enemy and make him play. You wait a couple of week until he has meet Chryssalids. Then you dress the prefect chryssalid disguise and knock in his door a dark night.

Or this

You begin like previous plan, but this time you get a friend from the army (or the police, somebody with weapons), you give him the game. When he knows Chryssalids you convince your enemy to knock his door with the perfect chryssalid disguise

Edited by Admiral Harkov

NASA didnt give me enough cash. and the new Australian special task force ASEO or summin like that has been watchin my house for a while now. i need a place to lie low for a while anyone from Australia preferably NSW?

• 2 weeks later...

60. You try to persuade world leaders that they schould create secret organization to fight against aliens, make you commander and fund you first base plus add a few million dollars. You are very disapointed when they decline.

61. You try to fight aliens on your own. You just need personal armour and laser rifle. sadly you cannot find them anywhere so you think they are still unresearched.

62. So you keep going to universitety everyday and ask how going laser weapon research, after two weeks you are very disapointed - no progress. But that's really because even only 10 scientists schould research that in one week. You could do research by yourself but you aren't scientist and don't have laboratory.

63. You try to find/buy some alien alloys because they are needed for your personal armour. So far no luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Not to mention you don't have any way of shooting down or getting to those pesky UFOs.....

Just because u know your gonna miss doesnt mean u cant try.

My family has gone to Sydney for two weeks and im starting the second week of freedom now. i havent seen the sun in two days thanks to my new copy of X-Com that actually works!. of cause now i keep thinking that ufos r flying past and that sectoids are camping in the scrub behind my house. I think its time to get some sunlight. of couse its is like 11pm so maybe il wait.

Not to mention you don't have any way of shooting down or getting to those pesky UFOs.....

.....of cause now i keep thinking that ufos r flying past and that sectoids are camping in the scrub behind my house. I think its time to get some sunlight. of couse its is like 11pm so maybe il wait.

I bet the sectoids will give you some "light" if you ask politely.

My family has gone to Sydney for two weeks and im starting the second week of freedom now. i havent seen the sun in two days thanks to my new copy of X-Com that actually works!. of cause now i keep thinking that ufos r flying past and that sectoids are camping in the scrub behind my house. I think its time to get some sunlight. of couse its is like 11pm so maybe il wait.

just don't panic, it's normal terror site, try stay in house and wait for x-com squad ( just pray that they will fight instead of taking off immedietly :LOL: ).

And look out for that damn cyberdisk, they will explode if killled you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i once dreamed of begin in a big grass plane all quiet when suddenly protoss scouts and carriers comes thru the skies. and then

chrysallids came out of the woods then protoss zealots appeared out of nowhere i was completely surrounded...

at that time i knew that i was dead.

more approriate would be "at that time i knew i'd been playing too much Starcraft and X-Com" :P

one time, I was about to take apart my phone to try and fix it, and right before I popped it open I actually tried to save. Well, I really just looked up and to the left (for the file menu) before I relized that it was real life. Edited by deanfrz

• 1 year later...

Defineately agree with #36!!! As for dreams, once I walked out of some building and saw a battleship slowly rotating over the UN. Said "shuckeroonies" and woke up. Never really had a chryssalid nightmare, except one time I felt someting really close to me and had that "I'm screwed and about to die because there's a chryssalid behind me" feeling right before you wake up. When I opened my eyes the cat was right next to my head.

#65. You open the door from aside, and hold it for other people. Then laugh at them in your head when they thank you. "Yeah, you think I'm being nice, but someday you'll be the dead one. He he he."

#66. When you see a green glowstick you get nervous for a second, thinking, "Plasma clip? ... Nope."

#67. You're about to step off a platform on th 8th floor thinking you will slowly descend until there is something under your feet, then someone grabs your shirt.

#68. When the neighbor upstairs stomps because you're too loud, you start looking around for a grenade to chuck at the ceiling.

#69. When you notice that the concrete sidewalk is divided into squares you think "4 TUs each, 6 diagonally"

#70. When your job is sucking you think about manufacturing Laser Cannons at home instead.

#71. When you enter an elevator you wave your arms upwards.

#72. You get a line of sight that involves multiple mirrors on someone you hate right before realizing you don't have a laser weapon on you.

#73. You forget that you can climb over things, instead of shooting them or walking around.

#74. You're terrible at apintball, you just sit there waiting for reaction shots. When you feel scared you put the gun down in case you go berzerk.

#75. You're confident you can put out fires with smoke, because they can't coexhist in the same tile.

#76. You're confident you can walk through fire aslong as you don't stop in the middle.

#77. When you catch fire you carry on for 5 more turns before realizing it will not go out on its own.

#78. You wonder how far bodybuilders could chuck a HE.

#79. It's dark, and you didn't bring flares, crap!

#80. You are unimpressed by UFO documentaries, they all look like firestorms!