XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Texture Download?

mad menno

hey,

I had read somewhere that there are already some textures for models. But where can i download them? Or should i "try to" make my textures myself? I am a shitty texture mapper but i'll manage simple things. I can get around a little with photoshop.

Greets

Edited by mad menno

You're a texture artist? There are lots of things that need texturing, but almost all of them are missing mapping. Generally you can find all the project stuff from the FTP server, you can ask Mikah about it.

We could use a texturer in the alien concepts if you're interested.

EDIT: I just read your recruitment post and I see you're actually a modeler, so... *Points at the post below*

Anyways, welcome to the team. :)

Edited by fidel_

Oops... did i say something wrong :s :D

I am not a texture artist...... i can make a kinda wood like material, and make my very simple textures tile a bit more then they useually do.

But i am a 3D artist also looking for textures to texture my objects. I am learning very very hard to map my objects properly so you people don't have to do it :D

Those textures on the bottem of the assets list are just thumbs right? Or are the textures that small?

I found an old texture pack on my computer but don't know if it's royalty free.

Another question.... didn't wanna make a new post about it (should i? :D)

Where did that environmental modeling topic go? It was in active tasks wasn't it?

I wanted to post a wooden bench i just mapped properly. Here it is.... is it to simple? Can't get the poly count lower then 128 :D.

Greets

post-1810-1091484988_thumb.jpg

Edited by mad menno

Oops... did i say something wrong :s :D

I am not a texture artist...... i can make a kinda wood like material, and make my very simple textures tile a bit more then they useually do.

Nah, I just read your post hastily and assumed you were the new texturing guy I was looking at in the recruitment forum some time ago. But like they say, assuming makes an... :D

But i am a 3D artist also looking for textures to texture my objects. I am learning very very hard to map my objects properly so you people don't have to do it :D

Those textures on the bottem of the assets list are just thumbs right? Or are the textures that small?

I found an old texture pack on my computer but don't know if it's royalty free.

That's as large as they come. You can of course use any textures you can find from the net or your own archives, as long as you can prove them to be royalty free material.

Another question.... didn't wanna make a new post about it (should i? :D)

Where did that environmental modeling topic go? It was in active tasks wasn't it?

I wanted to post a wooden bench i just mapped properly. Here it is.... is it to simple? Can't get the poly count lower then 128 :D.

Hmm I can't locate it either. :wacko: But nice looking bench by the way. ^_^

where should i put my models by the way? Should i sent first pictures of it to the ART department? Or is there an upload section?

greets

Welcome aboard! If you plan on making several objects, you can make a new thread here to post the model files as attachments, using zip format. The models should be in 3ds format, even better would be to download the Ogre export scripts from www.ogre3d.org and also provide the model in .mesh and .material formats, which is what we'll need in the end. But 3ds is fine too.

As to the material textures, they're all pretty small tiling samples you can use, I've only used Milkshape3D but is has a texture tiling feature that lets you cover a large area with a small texture without stretching it out and distorting it, so I'd guess most apps having something similar?

http://www.projectxenocide.com/artassets/ viewed in your web browser will show you a models folder and textures folder. The textures are mostly just those small tiling samples. We have more that are spread out it seems. http://www.projectxenocide.com/public/Outdoor%20Models/ has some more submissions, and http://www.projectxenocide.com/public/data/ was supposed to be where we put the various files for organization. Once you're a full member you get ftp access IIRC, but for now you can post the models and we can copy them up into the server.

Once I'm back here more often, I need to reorganize all those files and folders... :D