XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Ok This Is Beyond Annoying...

Jokerace

I don't know if it is because I am using a 1.8gig computer and the orginal XCom game (not the CE). However, it is almost impossible for me to manuever the map. I have tried hitting near the top and bottoms of the arrows, but the map just spins all the way around the world back to my original position. Is there anotehr way to move the map besides the arrows?

The way it is now makes trying to find ships, crash sites and bases almost impossible for me on the world map.

TIA

JA

I've tried X-COM on my 1.5 Ghz, 5 seconds runs like one hour. It's supposed to be a pause button. :wacko:

You might want to consider using Dosbox as well. It works with the Dos version of X-COM and TFTD, and it'll allow you to customize the speed of your game. With a 1.8 Gig, you'll be able to run X-COM at it's origonal speed. Utilities like mo-slo, which slow down the computer so you can play X-COM, would work as well. There are forums around the site that discuss setting these programs up. Be sure to check them out.

Sorry to keep asking questions which are so "newbish" but i got another one now. :unsure:

Medkits. They seem obviuos, one of your guys gets hurt you heal them right? Well either I am doing something wrong, or my engi's make really crappy med kits..hehe.

Ok So I am on a mission and (2) of my agents get a few hits. I check their stats and the (red) that shows health is still all the way to the right (100%, I am assuming). However at the beginning of the line (to the left) there is a grey line inside the red line. So I figure this means they are hurt. I then take another agent and face them with a med kit, it gives me the options to use, I don't remember all (3) options now sorry. So anyways since there are no "Fatal wounds" I just pick heal ( I think that is what is was) but the red line doesn't do anything and the grey line (inside the red line) is still there.

Now neither of those (2) agents died (from injuries), but after the mission they were both listed as "injured for (14) days".

So am I not using the med kit correctly or am I just missing something?

TIA

JA

The grey has nothing to do with injury. If whole health gets grey, your soldier gets unconscious, not dead. In the health bar it starts dropping from right to left when you get injured.

Other thing:

Medi kits are not for healing, they can only heal fatal wounds but will not raise the health of injured soldier. They can also wake up unconscious soldiers.

and raise moral to bravery levels with pain killers (i believe).

Keep the questions coming my friend. It is always nice to help someone who is frustraighted with Xcom because in the end... it is oh so worth learning the game. :)

Edited by Trevelyan

Thanks for the answers guys. However, I haev 1 more question on this topic. I had a soldier go "unconcious" then I used a medkit on him, actually I "used" it (3) times which was all the TU's I had, and nothing happened. Do you have to use "stimulants" multiple times ot "wake" someone up, or is the 1st shot suppossed to "wake" them?

Also when "healing" do you haev to do it 1 time for easch "wound" or multiple times ofr each wound?

Thanks again for any help,

JA

The stimulants (in my past expiriences) take a little while to work... i usually inject a few stims to speed it up though.

Yes you have to heal for each wound... click on the body part you want to heal, click heal till it is not red, make sure you get all the wounds or your guy will die after a few rounds (One mortal wounds = -1 to Health EVERY ROUND!)

If you have any more questions just post them here to keep the board clean :)

Edit: Merged your other thread with this one ^_^

Phear the happy moderator :)

Edited by Trevelyan

Hehe Well now "healing" makes sene. I was just hitting the "heal" button, I guess I forgot (after yeasr of not playing) that you had to click on the "red" body part. :blink:

Thanks again for all your help Trevelyan.

And from now on, I will defiantely keep my quesstions to this thread. :)

JA