XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Psychic Cowards.

Radoteur

I've found that psi-attacks can be launched from my men even if they can't see the enemy. So what I do now, is send cheap rookies without armor, and maybe a pistol to find the enemy, then my psi-warriors all cowering in the back of the landing craft mind control them, strip them of weapons, and let them roam free. Works quite well. The Psi-attackers are safe, and if you want, you can train on the disarmed aliens afterwards.

You're not the only one. I don't use cannon fodder but fully armed flight suit troopers with heavy plasmas to hunt down the first alien and have my 4 mind control experts sat in the back of the avenger mind controlling everyone. It's pretty cool when you have more than one MC expert. I usually send out my troops in fire teams of 3 and spread out over the map. First alien spotted I mind control him and send him looking for his mates. Each one spotted is mind controlled and sent on a sarch for more of their buddies. Each turn I keep MC'ing the aliens and round them up in one place and once herded together outside the ship my blaster bomber send one silver football winging over to them. That's my favourite tactic for taking out landed battleships. One shot kills em all :)

Ok when it comes to alien base raiding I go all out on making loads of sound and fury, loading everyone up with 4 blaster bombs and a launcher each and proceed to flatten the base :devilsmile:

• 2 months later...

I had only 2 Psi guys

the first one (my commander) went on EVERY mission he had enough time units per round to control 4 or 5 aliens PER round I thought that was awesome.. I had a backup guy to cover any accidents that happened.

The first game ever played is the best one, all the other ones are compared to it, and therefore worse

what i used to do is leave my experets in psy and send the hovertanks out, wen they spot one, he gets mind controled. after the outsiude is done, i send in 1 soldier (with sleeping gun) each alien i see, mind him, disarm him and put him in a corner. midn couple of others and then the sleeper does his job

sometimes what i like to do is first one i see i disarm him but i prime a grenade in his hand. next turn he had no tu's so he cant throw it at us. then i controll him again and the next alien my controlled alien sees i throw it at him. sometimes if i encounter an alien in the ship, he is right next to another. i just did this on an ethereal mission, this doesnt work for mutants because they can take an alien grenade at their feet. anyway, i controlled the eth, primed a grenade in his hand, then threw it at the other eths feet next to him, and bam, 2 in one.