8 replies to this topic

#1 MindsEye

MindsEye

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:03 AM

Does anyone know what the maximum aliens/terrorists there can be on a mission. I think the most I have seen is 16 or so on Superhuman. I think in the official strategy guide they list that there can be 20+ on some alien craft. But I don't know if that is true. Anyone ever see more than 16 aliens (include terrorists)?

#2 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:08 AM

please refer to this thread : http://www.xcomufo.c...?showtopic=4699
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#3 MindsEye

MindsEye

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:59 AM

ahhh, I looked for a thread but couldn't find one. But let's say the most aliens without including the Chrysallids. The Chrysallids kind of ruin the question since they can spawn.

#4 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

yes, but NKF stated in that very thread :

The game can only hold 80 units in total in any given battlescape event. This includes your soldiers, aliens (and civilians if there are any), and every large unit uses up 4 of these slots.

So 30 enemies is quite a fair amount by the game engine's standards.

- NKF

which should answer your question. :)
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#5 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:46 PM

Does anyone know what the maximum aliens/terrorists there can be on a mission.  I think the most I have seen is 16 or so on Superhuman.  I think in the official strategy guide they list that there can be 20+ on some alien craft. But I don't know if that is true.  Anyone ever see more than 16 aliens (include terrorists)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just did a floater Battleship yesterday, 20 killed (19 corpses), plus about 3 Reapers (corpses at least, don't remember if one more was blown up). That'S on Superhuman...
Can't wait to get 20 Ethereals with 2-3 Sectopods :o
"You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me."

"I only think this stuff up ..
then I have to write it down so it doesn't corrupt the rest of my brain.. "

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another which states that this has already happened.
-Douglas Adams (The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy)"

#6 Chris StarShade

Chris StarShade

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:00 AM

I think the game spawns fewer Ethereals because areas where navigators, engineers, or medis would be are blank when Ethereals are the enemy.

Likewise, areas where leaders or commanders would be are blank when the enemy is Muton. Only Sectoids, Snakemen, and Floaters have the full array of ranks.

It does the same number of terrorists all the time regardless of whether or not more could fit in (you could get 4 more chrysallids for every sectopod, but the game just puts in 1 chrysallid anyway).

The only ships with terrorists are terror ships (duh) and battleships.

I had a book that gave the full list, when I find it I'll post the standards in a new thread.
Psionics? Bah! Glorified staring contest.

#7 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:44 PM

Hmmm, now that I think of it, I've never seen a Muton leader before... You must be right :master: :D

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

#8 MindsEye

MindsEye

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:15 AM

I found what I was wondering about. :idea: I saw in a strategy guide table that you could get 20+ aliens on some craft. But I never had. So I asked what everyone else was getting. It seems on my dos version that I was getting beginner difficulty when I clicked on superhuman. :blink: Here I thought I was just really good at this game for the last ten years. :hammer: And I thought boy, they REALLY should have made this harder. But now I get a little bit better challenge. This is going to be fun!!!!!! :rock:

Does anyone know what the maximum aliens/terrorists there can be on a mission.  I think the most I have seen is 16 or so on Superhuman.  I think in the official strategy guide they list that there can be 20+ on some alien craft. But I don't know if that is true.  Anyone ever see more than 16 aliens (include terrorists)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#9 Paladin

Paladin

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:50 AM

Actually, it's an old bug that reverted the difficulty back to easy after the first mission... I THINK the CE version corrects it, at the very least teh ET patch does (and it fixes teh geoscape timing).
Because I confirm, I found it easy back then, but now that I see between 4 and 8 terror units in a terror site or ship, it's freaking me out (Damn, I HATE Sectoid terrors, imagine 6 Cyberdisks when you don't have plasma yet... :o)

I can also confirm you get far more money in Superhuman, there's just SO much more UFOs to pillage :D