XCOMUFO & Xenocide

X-com Chat

gangsta

Want to Chat to XComUFO squaddies? Well now you can thanks to Micah.

On the left side of your browser you should see a Chat link has been added. It will take you to an IRC channel (Chat Room) where you can chat to the other users of this site. It sure beats using PMs. So come on everybody ;) and join the #xcomufo channel.

Okay, if you're having trouble with the Java IRC Client and are interested in getting on IRC and chewing the fat with everyone for a bit, I've prepared a few links here to get you on your way:

First, you need an IRC Client, I'd suggest using one of the following:

mIRC - mIRC is probably the most commonly used windows client and is VERY easy to setup and use.

Pirch98 - I haven't used Pirch as much as mIRC, but it's definately simple to setup and use as well.

After you pick a Client and install it, you will need to setup the basic options (nickname, etc.). These are simple to do, and if you need help both clients come with good documentation.

I suggest NOT using any of the EFnet servers provided by default with either client, because most will probably reject you or be so outdated as to not even exist anymore. Instead, I suggest going to the following link and seeing which EFnet servers are active and picking one (I'll explain how to connect in a second).

Efnet Server List

After you pick a server, run your IRC Client and type in the "Status Window": /server [server_name]

Ex. /server irc.servercentral.net

A few good servers to try if you aren't interested in using the server list are:

/server irc.servercentral.net

/server irc.prison.net

That's all for now, if you need more help e-mail me at [email protected]

I'll see you on the other side.

• 4 weeks later...
Im in there whenever I get bored, seems like the only ones that come are DN, and gangsta. well, its fun to watch them talk.

Well, I'm finally back from my long lapse at home with my family for the holidays. Sorry I've been so inactive as of late, I was hoping I'd get down to business with my time off for the holdiays but it looks like I ended up being even busier. At any rate, you should be seeing me back on IRC more often again, so why don't a few more of you turkey's start stopping by to chat, eh?

• 2 weeks later...