XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hints For Superhuman Level?

Are you playing turn-based? Security Stations are worthless in TB, if you want some action from them better play it realtime...

nono i hate turn based in Apoc. its just.. not for Apoc, real time was allways my choice and still they dont turn on..

Edited by Mark0

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sec stations always shot like mad when I got attacked. They even shot down one of my own soldiers who came into crossfire... :LOL: Did you use SecStation or AdvancedSecStation? Was it finished? ^_^

@ j'ordos: Wow, I have to go shopping then, 8 Hoverbikes sound nice. :D Hope mine don't get "out of commission" too fast. :crazy:

Don't worry about Sirius Cult, alien controlled or not, who cares as long as they deliver our money and BURN WELL... :psychosanta: :beer:

@ Mark0: I hate Nutrivend! :naughty:

"so BTA let me get this straight. i have to destroy the buildings that are infected??"

No no! :devillaugh: You would suffer "city damage" penalty from the government. Just go with your troops (after saving the game) in every adjacent building and check for aliens. If you have found them, reload your saved game, go into the infected building and BURN OUT the infection. :crazy:

And I like you had a hard start, from the finacial view. So I even used AP ammo in my AutoCannons to avoid blasting all weapons and equipment I could otherwise collect. Burn them only if you have enough money and you can afford to have the burn fun. :D :rolleyes: :psychosanta:

If you are enemy to the mad doctors at the Sanctuary Clinic, go and raid them when your soldiers are back on battlestations. They hide quite some weapons in their hospitals! :rock: Spank them! :whip: :master:

Ouch... the last UFO attack didn't go terribly well :whatwhat: I shot down every UFO but at what cost... There has been done some 'minor' damage to the city: Energen power plant totally collapsed, literally dozens of squares destroyed over the entire city (there were plasma bolts all over the place, I finally managed to purchase enough lineage plasma cannons to equip half my hoverbikes and phoenix's with them... :happybanana: ) So now I have a 'few' companies turned hostile to me:Transtellar (not again!!!), nutrivend, Psyke, Energen and Cyberweb. Hehhhh, the next few hours Sirius Cult is going to see non-stop raids :naughty:

Hehhhh, the next few hours Sirius Cult is going to see non-stop raids :naughty:

Crush them :spank: .. take revenge to my fellow men!! :naughty: :beer:

i havnt been playing lately.. no time!! :wacko:

@ j'ordos: That's what you call "minor" damage? :D :beer:

One thing... I hate Nutrivend!!! :crazy: Go and raid them! Destroy and burn their luxury appartments, undermine their shopping malls with vortex mines and blow up the whole place, burn their hydrofarms, throw boomeroids into the upper parts of the plants where their soldiers sit, they will collapse and burning Nutrivend people will fall down! :psychosanta:

Nothing is more rewarding than raiding Nutrivend! :naughty: Hydrofars are too easy to collapse. :devillaugh:

My battle report by the way:

Managed to get biological warfare, built Toxi Guns but as you know, alien pests destroyed my Research&Fab base, new is still in the process of being built. So I have only 20 clips of Toxin A ammo. :whatwhat: :huh:

They are attacking like mad, my city looks like a mess. ^_^ Right now I'm at war with Transstellar, Sirius (of course), Marsec :wacko: (an unfortunate fire accident while cleaning aliens from their weapons factory... none told me that this stuff was inflammable :rolleyes: ) - Best thing is that Transstellar is enemy to Megapol. I had to transport my last 2 Lineage Plasma Cannons to my other base, the transport got shot down by Megapol! :argue: :hammer:

Now I'll go raiding Marsec! :rock:

Just HOW 'unfortunate' WAS that unfortunate fire accident :naughty: ?

Not that I'm implying anything here, wouldn't like to have BTA at my door with an autocannon loaded with IC-ammo... :ugh:

Edit: well, what would you call 'major' damage then?? :devillaugh:

Edited by j'ordos

I really dont like brainsuckers! So far all my casualties have been to them! (well, apart from the mission where i lost four soldiers because i forgot to give them armor)

After finally building my bio transport module, i was trying to stun some aliens yesterday. I managed to stun a brainsucker, but the damn thing kept getting up again! How do you persuade it to stay down? After it 'converted' one of my men, i was forced to kill them. Can you tie them up or weigh them down or something?

Also, i hired a robot last night. Apart from the fact that they have 100% psi resis and 0% psi attack, are they much different from humans?

Ill try and take a few sneak peeks at the manual while im at work today, so *shhh*

Stun Grenades! Keep throwing stun grenades on them, and they'll remain stunned (be sure to load up on them, it could cost you some... :wink: ) Also, be sure to check your soldiers after every mission: you men will NOT rearm with grenades automatically!

Robots are somewhat better then humans at the start (especially strenght), but they don't improve :( They are unsusceptible to Psi however, and therein lies their greatest advantage (as you'll find out later :P )

How long does a stun grenade last? I tried to stand my stun gun guy in front of the stunned alien, in the hope that he would restun him, but hes a bit too slow. Maybe he needs better reactions.

I have a couple of robots now, because most of my men are wounded and i need the active soldiers. What happens to robots when they get wounded? Do they have to repair or what?

no, they also go to the medical bay, and they can STILL be stunned...A stun grenade lasts pretty long, but a stun grapple only has a short time of effect. You can always shoot at the bodies, but I don't know if it has effect.

If I throw a gren onto an already stunned alien, will it keep it down?

Is the stun gren based on gas, or concussion? i.e. for it to work do they only have to walk into the stun area, or do they have to be in it when it explodes.

Just HOW 'unfortunate' WAS that unfortunate fire accident :naughty: ?

Not that I'm implying anything here, wouldn't like to have BTA at my door with an autocannon loaded with IC-ammo... :ugh:

Edit: well, what would you call 'major' damage then?? :devillaugh:

Hahaha! :D :wave: I uhhhmmm don't know what you are talking about... :huh: :blink: :unsure: :D

:beer: and you are right my friend, major damage is the aim of the game! :crazy:

@ miceless: "I managed to stun a brainsucker, but the damn thing kept getting up again! How do you persuade it to stay down?"

1. choice: Drop a fire grenade on the beast and hand it over the grill until it's "well done"...

2. choice: Put this stunned beast into your backpack, it won't wake up again. :idea: And so you have dessert when you come back home. :psychosanta:

Stun only one, take him in your backpack home, research him - then he has to go his way through autopsy. :alienlol: Kill all others. :naughty: You just have to research each species of aliens once. After all, we aren't a motel where we feed them and give them rooms! ^_^

"Ill try and take a few sneak peeks at the manual while im at work today, so *shhh*" :devillaugh: I haven't heard anything... :beer:

By the way, I never use robots, they as j'ordos mentioned don't improve, this is a BIG handicap. I use them only to mow the lawn of my base. ^_^

Put this stunned beast into your backpack, it won't wake up again.  And so you have dessert when you come back home.

That also works with those (loaded) brainsucker launchers and the brainsucker pods. Pick 'em up and you'll have no trouble at all with 'em, but if you leave them lying 'round they will wake up when one of your men get too close. (isn't it weird that androids can get brainsucked too?)

Edited by j'ordos

1. choice: Drop a fire grenade on the beast and hand it over the grill until it's "well done"...
Doesnt that defeat the point of stunning it in the first place? :huh?: :D

2. choice: Put this stunned beast into your backpack, it won't wake up again.
Thanks, will give that a go. Hope it doesnt fidgit.

And so you have dessert when you come back home.
Brainsucker sandwhiches? Hmm, maybe.

You just have to research each species of aliens once. After all, we aren't a motel where we feed them and give them rooms!
Ya, figured that one. I like the way you can 'destroy' live captured aliens. :D

I haven't heard anything...
Good answer. Nobody heard a thing, right?! :ninja:

By the way, I never use robots, they as j'ordos mentioned don't improve, this is a BIG handicap. I use them only to mow the lawn of my base.
I have no choice. I have to hire all the available men as I lose so many. Eventually I intend to use only humans. The soldiers can make the tea.

That also works with those (loaded) brainsucker launchers and the brainsucker pods. Pick 'em up and you'll have no trouble at all with 'em, but if you leave them lying 'round they will wake up when one of your men get too close.
:huh?: Errr, in order to pick them up, dont your men have to get close anyway?

Sometimes it works this way...

1) You're playing turnbased, and you can run up to them and pick them up, the pods would normally awake in the next turn as your soldiers are close enough, but you picked them up, so ^_^

2) Realtime: you stunned an anthropod(the big blue aliens) with a stungrapple, and you pause, then check if the thing was carrying brainsuckers, if so pick 'em up.

Sometimes it works this way...

1) You're playing turnbased, and you can run up to them and pick them up, the pods would normally awake in the next turn as your soldiers are close enough, but you picked them up, so

2) Realtime: you stunned an anthropod(the big blue aliens) with a stungrapple, and you pause, then check if the thing was carrying brainsuckers, if so pick 'em up.

Ok ok, you win.

... (isn't it weird that androids can get brainsucked too?)

Well, maybe the androids are running Micronoidsoft Windoze, then the brainsucking thing isn't a bug, it's a FEATURE! :D :rolleyes:

Yeah Miceless! Let the androids serve tea, they are not worthy! :psychosanta:

Well, at the moment they go in and die along with the humans.

But the humans that dont die get better. That way, i get even more annoyed when they do die the next time.

With the robots, if they survive then they can just go in again. I dont care if they die the second time or the first time.

there's a bug where if you crawl and the brain suckers try to suck your brain, it will stun itself. I do this early in the game where my guy's reaction/accuracy sucks. It saves on ammo too (so you won't miss). After the creature is stun, you can kill it on your next turn :). It's frozen in the air :) Edited by Andy

Ive not seen that bug. I seem to lose more men to brainsuckers if I crawl, as they spend so much time standing upo and lying down they forget to shoot at it.

That or the little worms that come out of the Multiworms come up and I cant kill them all quick enough.

:cussing:

That Brainsucker bug only works in turn-based, and you have to go prone AND use up all your time units for that turn. Then those 'suckers will crawl up to your trooper and try to brainsuck him, but it won't ever work... and the thing gets stunned indeed :devillaugh: Edited by j'ordos

it is not a bug. brainsuckers will "MISS" your troops if u go prone.

also androids are not the primary target for the brainsucking process... but they can be brainsucked -maybe CPU sucked :LOL: -

Now I encounter my most severe problem since I started my superhuman game...

I run out of enemies!!! :crying: :blink: :wacko: :boohoo:

They don't want to attack my city anymore and the worst thing: When I go into the alien dimension, I'll shoot all alien UFOs down, sweep and burn their buildings and the game will be over! :eek:

Any idea how I could encourage them to attack my city? I got only 2 battleships and 1 mothership, that's all I had to shoot down. I never saw a megaspawn! <_<

Are Sirius still in business? Whats wrong with them?

After I got bored of waiting for aliens to attack me (and they really let me wait) - I tried to find amusement :flame: with burning Sirius down a bit to keep myself entertained. After several fire accidents in their temples (all of them burned down), an unfortunate destiny foresaw it for them that all their temples now got flattened by (mistake of course) :naughty: my ships, so their bank balance went from

+ 1.3 mio $ to

- 400.000,-- $

Guess they are out of business for a long time. :psychosanta:

@ j'ordos: I'll try to hold myself back and follow your hints. :crazy: My infiltration rate in the city is at 0% :crying: I will never see a megaspawn! :crying: :cussing:

Please nice aliens, come back visit me! :master: :naughty:

Miceless!!!!!! Surely you can handle some ill-organised Cultists and some ridiculous looking aliens on your own?!!? (Don't tell me you're not playing on superhuman, 'cause if you are I should actually delete your posts here, as it is actually called: "hints for superhuman level" :D )

Now,on your feet private!! And don't come complaining here any more :cussing:

(just kidding, asking advice is what this is for eh :rolleyes: )

Hehe, i was joking actually.

Im doing quite well to be fair. Now I have mega cannon things I seem to kick donkey. But I met aliens with shields. :o They kicked mine that time.

I seem to have the funniest armor sets possible. There arent enough leg and arm units to go around, so some of my soldiers have to lump it. They look all funny. :D Stupid Marsec and Megapol. Make more armor!

Plus I seem to be running a little low on Elerium. :(

Edited by miceless

You could go stun-raid a warehouse of Solmine, they will be more than happy to give you Elerium. :crazy:

Stun-raid = you enter their building but don't shoot at them, maybe stun them with stun grapplers and collect all nice things they had in your backpacks, then leave. :beer: That way you also could solve your "cloth problem" with your armor. :wink:

You could go stun-raid a warehouse of Solmine, they will be more than happy to give you Elerium. :crazy:

Stun-raid = you enter their building but don't shoot at them, maybe stun them with stun grapplers and collect all nice things they had in your backpacks, then leave. :beer: That way you also could solve your "cloth problem" with your armor. :wink:

You don't even have to leave. All what you have to do is that you must stun every guard in the location, so you will automaticly win, and take all the stuff.

They won't change their attitude towards you if you stun-raid them. If you'd raid them and shoot everyone they're bound to become hostile, but if you stun them it will seem as if nothing happened :D Maybe they think it was all a dream... :D And they forgot where they left all their equipment ^_^ Edited by j'ordos

Haha yes, and that their building burned down was also just a dream! :flame: :crazy: :devillaugh:

Extralucas: I never succeded in stunning every guard in time to win. :crying: So I had to burn them... :psychosanta: But next time I'll try your hint! :happybanana:

Haha yes, and that their building burned down was also just a dream! :flame: :crazy:  :devillaugh:

Extralucas: I never succeded in stunning every guard in time to win.  :crying: So I had to burn them... :psychosanta: But next time I'll try your hint!  :happybanana:

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but the reason why you may not have succeeded in stunning all enemies (to get the winning screen) is that some might have re-awaken. What you need to do in a stun-raid to be sure is to leave one of your guys sitting on each stunned enemy. Of course this means have a lot of soldiers... Or you can simply leave one soldier per each group of enemies stunned in proximity. Just a thought. :D

ahaa i finnaly got able to continue my game for a certain time.

and in that time i went after sirus with Stuns :naughty:

i stunned all of them but never won.. allways someone who woke up and started running arround.

what i love with stunning is takign the equipements and watch them run arround.I got lucky with a sirus freak.. yes freak cause he had 4 psiclones on him :naughty: :psychosanta:

foudn 1 more on the 1st floor so i got a total of 5 and the extra weapons... made good cash out of a stun raid :D

thanks for the stun idea. i will use that more often except when they piss me off :psychosanta:

Edited by Mark0

I got lucky with a  sirus freak.. yes freak cause he had 4 psiclones on him :naughty:  :psychosanta:

Hehehe yes, our visits at Sirius are for the benefit of the whole Megaprimus city, like a police raid. :naughty:

I myself after raiding, burn all to the ground to destroy any evidence against me. :crazy: Just like the surgeons of Sanctuary Clinic do. :sly: ^_^

LOL, the stun raids are a good tip. I didnt realise that would work.

If I stun raid Marsec, am I likely to find some armor lying around I could 'borrow'? I am really short of left arm and leg units.